Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not getting any looks

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
put a transformer badge and u'll get the looks for sure! easy fix!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
Not sure why that would crack you up. Not everybody gets a boner for the type of modding that you like. Personally, I think some cars are modded to the point that they are tacky. But hey, we're all different and there's really nothing wrong with leaving your car bone stock, modding it to an extreme, or anywhere in between....
Oh come on, are you trying to tell me your idea of a car show is a dealership lot?

Sure, not everyone likes the same thing..., but even when they're bad their interesting at least and worth commenting on or even multiple looks.

I understand new owner excitment.. I was there. It's hillarious though, I mean "Hey here's my G37S, isn't it nice..." we'll ya, kinda strange how it looks surpising just like the ones I've seen at the dealership when I go for service..lol.

Lets be real, there's more value and entertainment in a bad mod post. It's human nature to want to see something new. I may be funny that way... I don't watch the same movie twice in a row either.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why that would crack you up. Not everybody gets a boner for the type of modding that you like. Personally, I think some cars are modded to the point that they are tacky. But hey, we're all different and there's really nothing wrong with leaving your car bone stock, modding it to an extreme, or anywhere in between....
Don't get this guy started...He modified his car so he can feel good about himself when 16 year old kids scream out "Nice Skyline" at restaurants...and then he feel embarrassed as to how awesome his non stock G37 is...that he modified for show, not go, but yet has "performance" mods on it...along with heavy *** wheels and 200lbs of stereo equipment...
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
This reminds me of a tale where there was a party for all new cars. The 350Z came in like a cheerleader shouting, “Hey everybody, look at me.” A little later the G35 coupe came in quietly through a side door. In a few minutes everybody turned around and said, “Who IS that?”

In other words if you like flashy then the G37 is not for you. The G was designed to be a bit more subtle and have some class, and IMO over-modding it will detract from that and make things worse. Putting a body kit on it is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by koa789
Don't get this guy started...He modified his car so he can feel good about himself when 16 year old kids scream out "Nice Skyline" at restaurants...and then he feel embarrassed as to how awesome his non stock G37 is...that he modified for show, not go, but yet has "performance" mods on it...along with heavy *** wheels and 200lbs of stereo equipment...
Hey, I saw your car the other day at the dealership... NICE!!!

You know I never said anything bad about your car... just that it's stock.. why does that seem to bother you???

Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by Chekov
In other words if you like flashy then the G37 is not for you. The G was designed to be a bit more subtle and have some class, and IMO over-modding it will detract from that and make things worse. Putting a body kit on it is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.
Not quite, modding the G is like giving the Mona Lisa a push up bra and daisy dukes. One I'd let cook dinner, the other I'd do...
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess it depends where you're from. I'm not sure how many looks I get since I never really actively try to see if people are looking at my car haha. But during the 2.5 years of ownership, I've only had about 5 people come up to me directly and talk to me about my car.

Stick a hot chick in it, then you'll get looks
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Hey, I saw your car the other day at the dealership... NICE!!!

You know I never said anything bad about your car... just that it's stock.. why does that seem to bother you???
Oh I get it, you are implying that since my car is stock it looks like every other G37 on the road. How clever...But alas, it does not bother me in the least. Maybe I should just do a drop on my car and throw Volk GT30s on it so I can be like you?...Because, you know, a drop and Volks...that's original. If you are trying to be unique and different with your car, you are failing at it. You have the same look and stance as every other G37, yours just happens to be red. Congratulations.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Perfectly said MSCA.

I bought/mod my G for ME. If other people like it and it turns heads cool, but at the end of the day the G is for me.
^agree with this.

Everyones opinion is different. Stock G's look nice but I prefer mine modified and unique.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM
GraphiteG37S

Oh I get it, you are implying that since my car is stock it looks like every other G37 on the road. How clever...But alas, it does not bother me in the least. Maybe I should just do a drop on my car and throw Volk GT30s on it so I can be like you?...Because, you know, a drop and Volks...that's original. If you are trying to be unique and different with your car, you are failing at it. You have the same look and stance as every other G37, yours just happens to be red. Congratulations.
^ don't get all offended dude.... There's way more stock G37s out there in the world than there is with Volks and a drop. Unique is something that's different, which yours obviously is not. And that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Modding is not for everyone.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Let's not go off topic. The thread is about sibling rivalry is it not and modding for show?
To the OP, you may have really got the wrong car if the intention is for show. I can understand sibling rivalry but at the end of the day you should only change what you would be happy with. There are tons of pics in the pic share, see what you would be comfortable with and eye catching for you if that's the main thing based on suggestions from the experienced modders. That's my additional 2 cents.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by Kverdina
^ don't get all offended dude.... There's way more stock G37s out there in the world than there is with Volks and a drop. Unique is something that's different, which yours obviously is not. And that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Modding is not for everyone.
Lol I didn't get offended, I was just saying, if he's trying to be unique with his car, doing the same thing other people have done is not the way to go. No different than me deciding to stay stock, and comparing my car to another stock G37. I got my car as a daily driver, if I want to ride around in something louder, lower, faster, and more uncomfortable, I definitely have my pick. That is all.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM
GraphiteG37S

Lol I didn't get offended, I was just saying, if he's trying to be unique with his car, doing the same thing other people have done is not the way to go. No different than me deciding to stay stock, and comparing my car to another stock G37. I got my car as a daily driver, if I want to ride around in something louder, lower, faster, and more uncomfortable, I definitely have my pick. That is all.
Ok, maybe unique is the wrong word to use. Unique means one of a kind. Different is a better word or perhaps modified.

There's pros and cons to a modified car:

Pro: everyone knows it's your car :-)
Con: everyone knows it's your car :-/

It just comes down to what you like and your means to do the modifications.

If your looking a show car the G can be tastefully modified, but pure performance modification, there are other cars that will beat it.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 PM
xyz
Registered Member

it also depends on where u are located. In socal, a stock g37 will never turn heads, other than when it 1st came out maybe . . .
Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
RedG37SNC

You might be pressed to find Phantom Ed GT30's, but any GT30 would be an improvement. The look from the back of 285's is sexy as hell. The drop, dude you have to try this.. the car will handle night and day better and that god aweful wheel gap will be history! Don't forget the exhaust and intake... baby shouldn't be so shy.. spank her some new pipes.. she'll scream.

We'd love to have you, granted you might not be unique in the world, but odds are.. you won't run into another identical G in your area anywhere near as frequently as you do now... and besides what really matters is that it would be YOUR G37 without a doubt.

Even if you did manage to clone mine.. I keep 6 flavor's of Smooth Cologne air freshener... Mine would smell different I assure you!