Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What the deuce!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:56 AM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the deuce!

So the dealer where I have been taking all my Infiniti vehicles for the last 4 years really pissed me off yesterday.

I took my car in for a peeling dash and they told me that since it's peeling more than an inch, they will not cover it. The problem I'm having is that the dash is only peeling about a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch on each side, and I was confused when my service adviser told me this over the phone, so I called her back to verify that she didn't mean that it has to be peeling more than an inch for them to cover it. She once again told me that since my dash is peeling MORE THAN AN INCH, they won't cover it. What is really confusing is that she even took pictures of it, so I don't know how she can say it's peeling more than an inch when she has the photos right in front of her to look at them. I took my car to a different dealer after I spoke with the person at my old dealership and their service adviser immediately told me that he will order a new one and have it replaced next week, and they will take care of the brake issue as well.

So far this has been a bad year for my car...I had the brake vibration and they covered it with the TSB. Now 4000 miles later it's back, and I'm going to request that they install brand new rotors this time instead of just turning the current ones.

Also, I've had a problem with my cruise control 4 times with the SET light flashing or not setting at all, and each time they (the dealer) were taking a stab in the dark on fixing it. First they replaced the steering wheel switch....then the brake switch...then the ECU (the third time in is the first time they checked for a code)...then a clutch switch....and now the cruise control won't set again sporadically, but now it's not flashing and works every once in a while.

I'm getting nervous because I meticulously maintain my car and follow all proper service intervals, and I have never had a problem with it until now. I'm also going to be out of warranty in August and I'm worried about keeping the car out of warranty. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to give this new dealership a try even and see if I have better luck with maybe having a sane service adviser.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
wow that is a horrible experience you should file a complaint. back when i used to own a nissan and it needed work i took it to the dealership and my service adviser was super cool, my car got fixed and they also fixed other things while they had it at no extra charge.
but when i went back there to look into buying a 350z they neglected me because of my young appearance.. its ok i gave infiniti my business.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
That must be their rule, not infinitis.

Dealer replaced mine and it wasn't sticking up all that much.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Jamler

Write Corporate, you'll get some action...
Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics of the issue please?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 AM
koa789

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Pics of the issue please?
Don't mind if I do. I just took these in my garage under very crappy light conditions so sorry for the bad quality. As you can see, it's not anywhere close to being an inch of peeling, or whatever the hell my old service adviser was talking about.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 AM
xixonmn

sht, mine looks like that too. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine looks like that too, although a little less. Nissan/Infiniti "build quality"!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
majin ssj eric

Good lord that looks awful! They damn well ought to fix that!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
TTZ2G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is a little worse then yours. Didn't notice it until my detail last week.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
koa789

I didn't notice mine until I started hearing a little buzzing noise coming from the dash. I went to inspect where the noise is coming from, and I think it was the glue on the dash mat sticking and unsticking and creating a buzz like noise. I took it in the following week and they tell me they won't fix it because it's peeling more than an inch....I don't know what she used to measure it, but if she eyed it, she needs to replace her woman eyes with man eyes so she can at least ball park it within a reasonable distance.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why are people complaining about the brakes issue? I just got new pads, rotors and calipers for free after beating on them for 30k miles.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Why are people complaining about the brakes issue? I just got new pads, rotors and calipers for free after beating on them for 30k miles.
You got new calipers? And I got new pads and they resurfaced my rotors but the vibration is back after only 3k miles.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Damn i was wondering if the dealers covered that on the dash. lol im glad to see it is
Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

also this is mine

this is what they did to my shift **** last time it was in

Quick Reply: What the deuce!