Sponsored By:

How many G37 owners on this site, have their cars stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:41 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30

All that matters is that you enjoy what you drive, right?
Agreed. People will have opinions that they are entitled to. It's all good either way. At the end of the day you will be driving your car.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
arm33n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car's stock and I only plan to make the exterior look better but thats about it
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Cobalt232

Still stock, except for tint. Only 3 months old. I must get the "Blows" sound system upgraded first. Then I can work on Springs, rims, and exhaust.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
There is no right or wrong in the argument of stock versus modified. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. And that is all this argument is about: personal opinion; not good versus bad or good versus better.

My $.02... One person's opinion is relative to his experience. If you've driven a 1989 Ford Taurus up until yesterday when you purchased your G, then yes, you might say that the G is "perfection stock" or "It drives wonderfully. Why mess with it?" Simply, someone who has driven a Ferrari may not agree with you.

But, really, that is not even the point.

People modify their cars for different reasons. Maybe one person does not enjoy feeling like he is in a fishbowl, so he tints his windows, while the next guy can't see as well out of a darkened window so he chooses not to tint. Or one person prefers a tighter suspension, or increased stopping power, or dragon graphics all over the car, or purple 22" wheels, or a louder exhaust... It's all personal preference.

I enjoy the fact that I can drive my car every day and know that it is highly unlikely that I will see another one like it. That is not to say that my car is any better than a bone stock G. The decisions I make in modifying my car improve it, in my opinion. Otherwise, why would I have done it? I realize that there are others who do not share my opinions. Some think modifying will hurt or ruin the car. Again, it's all personal opinion.

The people at Nissan/Infiniti designed a great car in the G. They do, in fact, know what they are doing, as someone suggested. However, I do not think that means that all the aftermarket parts companies do not know what they are doing. There are people here who love driving their stock G's. I prefer driving a modified car. I liked my Z modified versus stock and I like my G modified versus stock. That does not mean the stock version is not a great car...

All that matters is that you enjoy what you drive, right?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well put. And I love my G even though it is pretty much stock.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by koa789
Mine is stock and will never get modified as long as I own it. I trust the engineers that built it to know what they are doing.
I'm sure they absolutely knew what they were doing. At the same time, there are things that could have done better as far as I'm concerned, so I'll make some minor mods to make my car the perfect car for me.

The funny thing is that I've modded my cars pretty extensively in the past. I've modded them for more power, better handling/braking, and nicer looks. With the G37, I can't find much that I can improve upon, so my list of mods will be very short and not at all expensive.

The way I see it, if there's something about your car (any car) that you think can be better and it's within your means and ability to make it that way, then why not go for it?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
gogetter
Registered Member

mines stock ... i love it just the way it is although plan on window tinting
Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Perkchiro

My car has only 3 modifications. Window tint, rear spoiler, and Fujita short intake. That's it and that's all I plan to do.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just have a Tanabe exhaust, Formula One Pinnacle ceramic tint, and Eibach Pro Kit. I'm pretty happy with the way the car is. I'm actually thinking of removing my exhaust to get the stock sound back hahaaha, I forget what it sounds like...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just tinted,
stock and stoked!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not many... people who don't mod, aren't really "into" cars, so why would they be on here????
Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
excellent point, I don't think having a stock car is fine if it's yours.
if you lease & spend a ton of $$ is a waste.
a stock car can always be improved.
regardless of it is lighter wheels,better exhaust,tune and some twins can't hurt.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

i keep mine stock aside from tint and clear bra. might one day do rims...but it's hard to put rims on these cars and not make them look like a riced out altima.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by yogregb
Not many... people who don't mod, aren't really "into" cars, so why would they be on here????
We’re on here because we benefit from the abundance of information and tips on these cars. We contribute ourselves on technical issues such as navigation, bluetooth and keyless entry topics. And some of us, perhaps not all, consider ourselves the true G37 enthusiasts because we don’t rice out our cars with ugly, ill-conceived or illegal mods.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is tinted but otherwise stock. I'm not a big fan of modding myself. I might throw on some Eibachs just to get rid of the hideous fender gap but thats probably it....
Old 08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Originally Posted by Chekov
We’re on here because we benefit from the abundance of information and tips on these cars. We contribute ourselves on technical issues such as navigation, bluetooth and keyless entry topics. And some of us, perhaps not all, consider ourselves the true G37 enthusiasts because we don’t rice out our cars with ugly, ill-conceived or illegal mods.
Couldnt have said it better than myself!!

Quick Reply: How many G37 owners on this site, have their cars stock