Sponsored By:

Can the G be stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
I know the car can be stolen with a tow, I was more curious if someone has heard of our cars being "hot wired" the found a lock where the car once stood and it looks like our key hole (go ahead someone say "they should have done the delete" I am surprised the alarm did not go off..
What's that in the photo? What kind of lock? It looks like a washer.

I believe it has a ignition interlock so it can't be started without the key, but cars are often stolen strictly for parts so they really don't need to start it. Even so, I'm sure clever thieves have found a way around this to be able to get the car started without the intelligent key.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
My car cannot be stolen, at least not taken more than a few feet. I have LoJack with their early warning feature. That means as soon as someone attempts to move or raise the car without me (or my fob) in it, I am immediately called to confirm if it was me. If I say no or I don’t answer the cops are quickly summoned and told where the car is located.

It cost me $850 for the one-time installation, but my insurance company (USAA) gives me an annual discount that has now fully paid for the device.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it can be stolen. My insurance company is now offering to install a second immobilizer key for any clients...... craziness...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
The car with no other mods to it can be stolen. If they have a consult (the nissan computer) then all they need is access to the port and a key to reprogram and there ya go. The horn wires could have been cut to break into the car so u dont hear anything. I know the maxima's were easy to do this way. Dont know if the G37 horn wires are easy accessed or not.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
What's that in the photo? What kind of lock? It looks like a washer.

I believe it has a ignition interlock so it can't be started without the key, but cars are often stolen strictly for parts so they really don't need to start it. Even so, I'm sure clever thieves have found a way around this to be able to get the car started without the intelligent key.
Betty, If you look at the photo the smaller piece with the square in it looks like what is in the door to unlock the car.. the second piece i dont know could be a washer that the first piece fits in?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Or just sit behind your window every night and throw a semtex on the bastards. Equip yourself with the Bling Pro perk so you don't run out of ammo.

<the COD MW2 people will get this>
It's not the bling pro perk, it's the scavenger pro perk... Get it right. Hahaha
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 AM
HP_John

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend's S4 was stolen not too long ago, if they want it bad enough, they definitely can steal it
Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kverdina
It's not the bling pro perk, it's the scavenger pro perk... Get it right. Hahaha
Just equip yourself with marathon pro, lightweight pro, and commando pro.. you would be able to run at full speed without getting tired and as soon as the car stops you can stab the crook from 2 blocks away. Why not run around with FMJ Rangers so you can headshot from across the map.. lol