g37x coupe opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37x coupe opinions?

hi all, new to the forum just saying hello
i am planning on purchasing a 2010 g37x coupe later in may after all my school testing is complete with. looking to get it with the premium, tech, and navi packages in black exterior/black interior.
what do you guys have to say about this combo?
do you think any cash back promotions would be going on for memorial day or anything? on edmunds i see people are paying around $43k for it with those packages and i am ideally looking to pick it up for like $40k-$41.5k. is that even reasonable or am i out of my mind? lol
i live in new jersey so rain and snow is a problem some times. this would be my daily car to school and work so it would need to be functional in all conditions which is why i was thinking about getting the all wheel drive version.

lastly, are there a lot of aftermarket performance parts for this car? i know it says it comes with 330hp stock on the coupe but i would like to get it up to 360+hp. im not going to have much money at all after buying this car so my initial mods theoretically would be like intake, headers, pulley, throttle spacer, etc. stuff i can do one at a time without breaking the bank.
are there a lot of cosmetic mods too? i really like the iron man headlights but not sure if they are the same for the 2010 coupe. this is my first infiniti. been an acura driver and my family has only bought acura, but now looking for a coupe for myself and infiniti seems like the best deal in terms or luxury and performance.
thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Breitling65

I got mine leftovers from 2009, $3k below invoice with premium package. Great car, just installed splashers and wider summer tires. Not sure about other things if I need them.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:26 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
honestly if you are in NJ you don't need the X as the snow there is inconsequential.

Plus if you are looking to do a decent amount of performance mods, the only thing that will really fit the X is an intake, everything else has to be custom-fab'd for the X's.

The iron-man is the exact same for 2010 as 08+. GL and post pics when you get it!!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:05 PM
BuzzLitYr

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
honestly if you are in NJ you don't need the X as the snow there is inconsequential.

Plus if you are looking to do a decent amount of performance mods, the only thing that will really fit the X is an intake, everything else has to be custom-fab'd for the X's.

The iron-man is the exact same for 2010 as 08+. GL and post pics when you get it!!
My first post, there goes the cherry

Not sure what part of NJ you are talking about but north western NJ got 30+ inches in Feb alone... We get our fair share. Hence why I got a 37x, can't afford to stay at home during a snow storm.

Buzz
Old 05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BuzzLitYr
My first post, there goes the cherry

Not sure what part of NJ you are talking about but north western NJ got 30+ inches in Feb alone... We get our fair share. Hence why I got a 37x, can't afford to stay at home during a snow storm.

Buzz
for that little snow, I would just get a coupe (non-x) and put on snow tires.

I used to live in CO where they we used to get 30 inches in 1-2 days
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 AM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I live in New Jersey as well. Definitely go with the X with all-wheel drive. I had the same reservations and I am glad I decided to go with the X. My car performed extremely well this past winter. You can't put a price on the peace of mind offered by the added safety and security of all-wheel drive. Especially if it will be a daily driver and you rely on it to get back and forth to work. Snow tires are no substitute for all-wheel drive. Remember, the all-wheel drive is not only good for snow, but rain too.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
I live in New Jersey as well. Definitely go with the X with all-wheel drive. I had the same reservations and I am glad I decided to go with the X. My car performed extremely well this past winter. You can't put a price on the peace of mind offered by the added safety and security of all-wheel drive. Especially if it will be a daily driver and you rely on it to get back and forth to work. Snow tires are no substitute for all-wheel drive. Remember, the all-wheel drive is not only good for snow, but rain too.

I would agree and I am also in NJ, besides based on all test I saw X doesn't have any penny less performance than RWD coupe models. Arguments that "I wouldn't buy X because no aftermarket pipes for it" just funny and nothing else. Base on that we all should buy Civic’s because Civic having lots of aftermarket cr.p made for it… J
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Breitling65
I would agree and I am also in NJ, besides based on all test I saw X doesn't have any penny less performance than RWD coupe models. Arguments that "I wouldn't buy X because no aftermarket pipes for it" just funny and nothing else. Base on that we all should buy Civic’s because Civic having lots of aftermarket cr.p made for it… J
the OP DID say he wanted to add performance mods to it, hence why I said the X is a little tougher to accomplish that than the non-X.

There's plenty of aftermarket mods for the G, I'm not really sure how a Civic comes into the discussion...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Breitling65

the OP DID say he wanted to add performance mods to it, hence why I said the X is a little tougher to accomplish that than the non-X.

There's plenty of aftermarket mods for the G, I'm not really sure how a Civic comes into the discussion...

I'm not really sure how S owners comes into X discussions but anyway
Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

you're right...when the OP asked for people's opinions, I'm sure he really only wanted to have a one-sided discussion and didn't actually want to hear everyone's opinions
Old 05-02-2010, 02:02 PM
tbevilacqua

you obviously were NOT in NJ this past winter!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:34 PM
gmad665

Originally Posted by tbevilacqua
you obviously were NOT in NJ this past winter!!!
^^^yeah for real. the tri-state area got pounded with snow this last winter. I went from a 08 G35xS sedan to a 09 37x. I think the AWD is a must in the northeast. My friend has a 05G35 and he couldnt even drive it at all last winter, its too much of a risk. I love the 7 speed AWD. I wouldnt get black tho, my sedan was black and it was dirty the next day after a car wash, just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

really appreciate both sides guys, ya was looking for arguments for both sides. ive only lived in NJ so my opinion is biased but i feel as though we get a fair amount of snow for awd to be a deciding factor.
was wondering specifically along with my previous questions, how well is the awd in the coupe? i read that normally it acts like a rwd car but when detects slippage it sends up to 50% power to the front? how does that compare to other awd systems in other cars? jw
Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
svp6

Originally Posted by mystakin
hi all, new to the forum just saying hello
on edmunds i see people are paying around $43k for it with those packages and i am ideally looking to pick it up for like $40k-$41.5k. is that even reasonable or am i out of my mind? lol
I think it is going to be difficult to go below Edmunds / KBB for the 2010 model. If you hurry you can still find some 2009 out there - obviously color and packages will be just what's left over. The prices though are much better. I got a 2010 and was within couple hundred bucks of the Edmunds quote, I don't think you can have all packages for 41.5k.

re 37x vs 37s it's in the eye of the beholder. Some people love extra speed (and can take the extra rigid ride), some people like a little more comfort. I have the x, a friend has the S - there are good thingsa and bad things about both. I can promise you the X is plenty fast.

Good luck
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Custom fab? not at all. I have an X and the ONLY thing that is different vs the S is the suspension and exhaust, all of which are as easily available as the S stuff. I dont know where you get your info but thats not right. I have a r2c intake, gt spec strut bar, spc camber kit, bc racing coilovers, test pipes, grounding kit and im gonna be getting sway bars and spacers soon. None of which are custom made

Quick Reply: g37x coupe opinions?