Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

g37x coupe opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Romulus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
Custom fab? not at all. I have an X and the ONLY thing that is different vs the S is the suspension and exhaust, all of which are as easily available as the S stuff. I dont know where you get your info but thats not right. I have a r2c intake, gt spec strut bar, spc camber kit, bc racing coilovers, test pipes, grounding kit and im gonna be getting sway bars and spacers soon. None of which are custom made

correct, i have an X as well, Exhausts are limited but more companies are starting to come out with kits that fit the X, right now, Invidia and Stillen are the ones i think of of the top of my head but ive heard others are releasing, or can be asked to modify their exhausts for AWD vehicles. I myself have an Invidia Q300 and it bolted right on, no modification what so ever. Sway bars are becoming available as well for the X's, Hot Chkis just release a set designed for the X.

I'm in New York so we got relatively the same amount of snow this year, which is a pounding by past years standards. The X payed off already this year alone, i was now stuck home one night so far even with the 6 inches of snow on the ground. you can still play with the X too, turn the VDC off and toss it in shift mode and your good to go but on the other hand, i feel bored driving the auto and the sport mode really doesnt do it for me.

If you wait towards the end of the year, between christmas and new years you'll get a great deal on a 2011 probably, i bought my 09 on just after xmas of 09. and got 7 grand off the msrp. but they had one i liked still in stock. I wish you luck in your decision!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Romulus1
correct, i have an X as well, Exhausts are limited but more companies are starting to come out with kits that fit the X, right now, Invidia and Stillen are the ones i think of of the top of my head but ive heard others are releasing, or can be asked to modify their exhausts for AWD vehicles. I myself have an Invidia Q300 and it bolted right on, no modification what so ever. Sway bars are becoming available as well for the X's, Hot Chkis just release a set designed for the X.

I'm in New York so we got relatively the same amount of snow this year, which is a pounding by past years standards. The X payed off already this year alone, i was now stuck home one night so far even with the 6 inches of snow on the ground. you can still play with the X too, turn the VDC off and toss it in shift mode and your good to go but on the other hand, i feel bored driving the auto and the sport mode really doesnt do it for me.

If you wait towards the end of the year, between christmas and new years you'll get a great deal on a 2011 probably, i bought my 09 on just after xmas of 09. and got 7 grand off the msrp. but they had one i liked still in stock. I wish you luck in your decision!
fast intentions exhausts fit as well!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 PM
chogrilla

i got the '10 g37x and i live in nyc..the difference in drive between the awd and rwd is HUGE. not sure how putting winter tires on a rwd car would be like since ive never done that before but i really think awd is a must living on the eastcoast. drove rwd all of last winter..couldnt drive anywhere without slippage. but then again..i guess you need to decide whats more important to you..awd convenience or having a car with more modding potential
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's not forget that the Sport Package is now available in the x which means companies will be more inclined to make performance parts for it.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:15 AM
swooshflex

honestly, rwd is fine. the only problem with the g37s is that it has the low profile summer tires on it. if you buy a pair of snow tires or put on snow chains (thule makes great ones that dont rub on the rims) youll be fine. i hate it when someone says that you cant drive in the winter with a rwd car.
what do you think people were doing in the 50's 60's 70's and 80's before AWD was common? do you think America shut down during a snow storm? heck no. americans are losing some driving skills. man up and learn how to handle a rwd!

ps i live in nj too and have had no problems with the snow thus far.