Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Toyota VSC slows low speed turns?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Toyota VSC slows low speed turns?

Has anyone noticed that the 08 coupe automatic has some hesitation, or is slower than expected, making a turn from a Stop sign? Could the VSC cause this like the Toyota problem:

" Toyota Motor Sales has announced plans to recall about 50,000 Toyota Sequoia SUVs because of a problem with their Vehicle Stability Control systems that can cause the vehicles to hesitate or slow down at low speeds.The SUVs involved were all manufactured early in the 2003 model year. As part of the planned recall, Toyota (TM) will upgrade the VSC software...In vehicles without the upgrade, the VSC system could, in limited situations, activate at low speed (approximately 9 mph) for a few seconds after acceleration from a stopped position and, as a result, the vehicle may not accelerate as quickly as the driver expects," Toyota said in a written announcement. "

I can easily burn chirp the tires doing a turn, but it seems that if turning at a slower than peeling out speed that it feels like the car fights the tires compared to a straight line start. Maybe that is a normal feel for vehicles and I am just suddenly sensitive to it. Or am I thinking of our 09 Camry?

If you think I am crazy, that is true, but I am hoping that I am not alone.