Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty Question Re: Color matched spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
brickcitysaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warranty Question Re: Color matched spoiler

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all. New to the forum.

I have a quick question on warranty. I recently bought a 2008 G37S CPE non-navi. 25k miles
Background: It is a CPO (certified Pre-owned from an Infiniti Dealer). Its Blk/blk and 6 MT with the color matching spoiler. It was purchased in Feb 2010. In March 2010 I noticed the spoiler is slightly lifted on the left(Driver) side. It is lifted so much that you can see the adhesive pulling away from the trunk. Its only lifted on the left side, the right side is fine.

Scenario:I went to the Dealer to get the car serviced and told the tech about the spoiler. He said it would be no problem and they would look at it. Four hours later he calls and states there is nothing they can do about the spoiler because it was never installed by Infiniti based on their records. They say the previous owner must have installed it and not their responsibility.

Question: Should I even put my time and effort to have them replace/correct the spoiler issue or should I just fix it myself?

I havent opened up the trunk cover so i dont know if its just a loose screw or something bigger. For me I dont mind doing the work myself and have the knowledge to do it, but its the principal. I was told I have a bumper to bumper warranty when I purchased the car and now I am being told my spoiler isnt covered.

Whats your opinion on this? Anyone experienced anything similar?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would raise hell with the GM of that dealer that you bought it from. They CPO'd the car and if the spoiler passed inspection by them then they ought to be responsible for dealing with it even if it was an aftermarket spoiler (something that should not have passed their own CPO inspection)....
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^agreed
Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The point of paying more for CPO is to avoid this type of situation. I would skip raising hell - just call Infiniti corporate, firmly but politely explain the situation, and ask them to do the right thing and correct this problem. I have a feeling they're not going to want to tick off a new customer over something that might be a 10 minute fix.

Even if the spoiler is warped and needs replacement, Infiniti's cost for same is nothing compared to MSRP.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah thats BS. If its CPO, then its CPO. No questions about it. They have to honor it.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Just fix it yourself. Its probably very easy and definitely easier than going through dealership hassles if they already told you it's not their problem.

If it's going to cost you a lot of your time or money to DIY that's a different story. But it sounds like it just needs to b adjusted/tightened or have some more tape put on it. Even if it is their responsibility, how much is your time worth? How many miles back and forth to the dealership and how long will you be inconvenienced? May be easier to just take care of it on your own.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
brickcitysaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the responses. I am thinking I will give it a shot and talk to the GM over the phone next week. I also had them check out my trans for 3rd gear grind(synchros feel like they are starting to go) and they said all was fine, but I have to get them in the car with me to show them.

I'll keep you all updated! Thanks.