G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G37S might be a lemon. Any help or guidance to this G37 newb would be great!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:54 AM
redfoster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Doesn't matter who you buy it from, the warranty transfers. Infiniti should not refuse warranty work.
Yes exactly, it does not matter that it wasn't bought at Infiniti. And if the Infiniti dealer isn't helpful (which would be terrible) then having a licensed mechanic at the Mitsu dealer working on your car will not void the warranty. It's a misconception that it has to be the manufacturer dealer only.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM
totempole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resolution to the leaking issue

Originally Posted by Kevin Firth
Hi totempole. What happend to your G37S issue? Any new developments?
Just to let every one know, I took it back to the dealer and they found someone had ground down the cowl under the wiper,over the windshield and this left a gaping hole that let the water through to the windshield. Cost $450 to fix which the mitsu dealer said would reimburse.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
totempole

Also for point 1) Check engine light On.. The infi dealer replaced the evap canister and valve which caused the light to disappear. Then it re-appeared once more, this time it was the air fuel sensor that was throwing a code. I had this replaced yesterday as well and took delivery of the car last evening.

This evening, the friggin light went on Again!! At this point, this car has been in the shop more often than ive driven it and im getting more bitter/upset by the day.

So is this an issue with the ECU where its gone bad or are these legit codes being thrown that I have to keep getting fixed. Honestly, I dont have any more time to keep driving this thing down to the infi dealer anymore to get this worked on as I travel for a living.

So my question would be, what are my strategies to get this returned under the lemon law in Mass. I know it has to be the same problem 3 times, but in this case its been 4 different problems within 600 miles of me taking delivery of it.

Any help would definitely be helpful and you guys have been great so far!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM
mindonmatter

I had a bad experience with an auto manufacturer/dealer(not Infiniti). The following is what worked for me:

Arrange a sit-down meeting with the Service Manager, General Manager, and yourself. Explain to them the problems you have, why you are not happy, what it will take to make you happy. But most importantly, sometime during the conversation use either/or both the words lemon and lawyer in a non-threatening manner. I repeat, DO NOT use these words in a threatening manner; it's unnecessary and counter productive.

I would be willing to bet that you will get some results. With regards to the experience I had, the manufacturer made two months of my payments, fixed the problem, and the SM actually took me out to lunch at a great seafood restaurant.

I almost want to side with your dealer though. It definitely sounds like that car has a lot of problems. How many of the problems are manufacture defects, as opposed to previous owner defects? Hard to prove. Sounds like he did a number on that car.

Last edited by mindonmatter; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:10 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's understandable you are frustrated over this but you dont qualify for a lemon at this point. things break on cars, thats why warranty/service department are there. dealer should be able to address all your issues, if not you can always try a new dealer or call consumer affairs. keep trying, the dealer is just as annoyed as you constantly going back as you are.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Beer Magazine

The best advice is to simply call a lemon lawyer (all states have them, the work for free) and ask them if it's a case. they love these cases and work for zero since they get paid by the manufacturer at settlement.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
goadee

No lemon law for you, but there is something you can do...

I often see all types of "opinions" about Lemon Laws. Most of which are not correct. In your case, you are not eligible to file Lemon Law as you did not buy it new; a used car is a used car even if you bought it from a dealer that sells that type of car new. Although Lemon Law is not an option, Mag-Moss is. Magg-Moss covers all types of issues. If you have specific questions about it and/or Lemon Laws feel free to send me a PM and I will try to address them. If you elect to handle it another way at least follow this piece of advise: Keep records of everything. That means dates, times, points of contact etc. Good luck.