Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

15,000 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
MrBig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TViddy
You do not need to be a mechanic to change out the engine air filter and the cabin filter. The engine air filters have 2 clips on each side. it will literally take you less than a minute to change. The cabin filter takes a little longer but is by no means hard. Take some time and do it yourself and save tons of money.

I just had a "15K" service and it cost me about 100 bucks only because they used the Nissan Ester oil. Its about 15 bucks a quart. Also changed my key fob battery ( $4 bucks). All the rest was labor. I took a look at my engine air filter and although they were a bit dirty, they were still good. As long as you can see ample light through the filter, you are ok. So I just shook out the loose dirt and put them back in.
For what an air filter costs at some megamart it's better to change it than shake out the dirt. Better yet get one of the one's you wash K&N or something. Might cost a bit more up front but you save more in the long run. Oh, yeah don't ever pay the stealership for 15K service, like others have said all they do is change a few filters and the oil.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 PM
TTZ2G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my 350z when it first came out. The service guys pretended, but didn't know anything about the car yet. I went in for my 15k and the changed the filters and oil. I was sitting pretty close to the managers office while I was waiting and the tech walks in. I overhear him telling the manager that the tires won't rotate. So the manager goes back and and messes with my Z. He comes back to his office, gets on the phone, hangs up all pissy (seemed no one answered whoever he was calling). He went back out to my Z and he and the tech got in a pissing match. The manager comes back up front trying to relax himself. Tells me "heres your keys, we gave you the service free of charge because we can't figure out how were suppose to rotate your tires like Nissan recommends in our service manual". Walked out with a free oil and filter change LMAO knowing they were staggered wheels and there was a safety pin in the rotor.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:39 PM
bullrun

Alright you guys have convinced me. I am just going to change those filters myself and take my car in for only an oil change. I'll head to NAPA tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 PM
vinny14369
Registered Member

I agree with the previous threads. I am not a DIY'er, but changing the in-cabin air filter isn't that a big a deal. I did it last weekend. Granted, it took me a little while b/c I hadn't done anything like that before, but all you need is a phillips head screw driver and if you have a laptop, bring it in the car to follow the DIY which is in this forum. It has step-by-step instructions with photos. It's very good. I am happy I did it and saved the $150.00. I decided to go with a carbon in-cabin air filter. I found one for $19 online and, from my understanding, provides greater filtration.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
WRXXX

I hv a G37x sedan. I am up fr a 15k service as well. Infiniti suggest I change the differential oil. Is this neccesary? I hv about 15k clicks on my car.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
BlueSteel

I had the same issues. I'm not a DIYer either. I got raped for my 15k service at South Bay Infiniti. I think I got chaged around $300 because i did not change my in cabin filter. I would have been $450 with the cabin filter.

For my 30k service, I took the advice of the members of this forum and I went to Amplified Motorsports.

Lou will take VERY good care of you and charge you significantly less than what the dealers charge. He and his staff are good, honest people.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what is a good national chain store to get replacement air filters? or do you need to get the at the dealer?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:10 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TTZ2G
I got my 350z when it first came out. The service guys pretended, but didn't know anything about the car yet. I went in for my 15k and the changed the filters and oil. I was sitting pretty close to the managers office while I was waiting and the tech walks in. I overhear him telling the manager that the tires won't rotate. So the manager goes back and and messes with my Z. He comes back to his office, gets on the phone, hangs up all pissy (seemed no one answered whoever he was calling). He went back out to my Z and he and the tech got in a pissing match. The manager comes back up front trying to relax himself. Tells me "heres your keys, we gave you the service free of charge because we can't figure out how were suppose to rotate your tires like Nissan recommends in our service manual". Walked out with a free oil and filter change LMAO knowing they were staggered wheels and there was a safety pin in the rotor.
Ha Ha Ha Ha !
Nice....
Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
andromeda

09G37x coupe in cabin air filters and OEM intake filters

Hi guys,

Could someone please post where I can buy these filters and part number?
I didn't want my dealer to do this today because they wanted to charge a lot for something easy...However I still need to buy the parts, what is the best deal? Looking for good stuff..
So I want to buy the filters and install them myself..

Thanks,
A

Last edited by andromeda; 04-02-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
seasonalocean

I got quoted $320 at Beaverton Infiniti in Oregon.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
15,000 mile service is a waist of money. Do it at 30k.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
15,000 mile service is a waist of money. Do it at 30k.
You guys misunderstood me...
Where can I buy the filters and what models?

Thanks,
A
Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 PM
mitmot

How does it affect the warranty when you DIY? Just keep the receipts and show it to the dealer if they ask?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
what filters?
Old 04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
15k service

Recommended Services:

Replace engine oil and filter
Replace in-cabin microfilter