Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who is your insurer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Krebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Premium: $917.70 for 6months in New Jersey

24yr old.. clean record.. Geico customer for 6? years...

I believe because i have a history with geico even when i was under my parents I recieved a very low quote. With other companies it was through the roof because they just assumed idiot 23yr old with fast car = trouble.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Farmers, $3k a year for the G and QX, myself and gf. I also have Homeowners w/ them.

No tickets, no accidents. Full coverage, $500 deductible.

Rates very by city, I'm jealous of some of the quotes (low rates go hand in hand w/ low traffic).
Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
redwillow
Registered Member

Buddiee is probably right though, he probably didn't have all the information needed or filed something wrong or made a stupid mistake orwhatever
He's not and the only mistake made was by USAA.

Their form was properly completed, then denied. Then his lawyer sent a request with a DV report and documentation for a) payment or b) state statute/case law supporing their non payment or c) directive from the state insurance commision supporting the non-payment. USAA provided none of those. They did provide a refusal letter with absolutely no supporting documentation or reasoning other than a 100% subjective "we feel the vehicle does not qualify".

If your new G37 was wrecked by someone insured with USAA I'm guessing you would want the diminished value you were entitled to by state law too.
not every company is perfect
they don't have to be perfect...just pay what their policy is responsible for and required by law. The OP should know that USAA insurance co just arbitrarily refuses to pay claims sometimes, not just people's good experiences with them.

Last edited by redwillow; 04-05-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:43 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hahaha ok ok...I'm pulling chalks and getting out of this dumb back and forth

sorry you, or your friend, or whoever had a bad experience. I'll stay with them and keep getting the best rates/service I've ever seen, and to each his own!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by Amon_Ra
wish i could have ur insurance lmao
You're in NJ... All insurance plans look like Birthday Cake compared to ours!!!
I'm feeling the pain man... My son was just added as full time driver on my
policy and he is 17, will be 18 in Aug! Have a 15yr old male that will join the
fun in a few years as well... NJ sucks the life out of you. Its either taxes or
insurance or other BS fees...
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
jdljr

I pay $466 / 6 months with Geico - '10 G37x Coupe - 100/300, 50, 50/100, 50; $100 ded comprehensive; $250 ded collision; towing and labor; and rental car reimbursement @$30/day. Located in the NC High Country.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redwillow
He's not and the only mistake made was by USAA.

Their form was properly completed, then denied. Then his lawyer sent a request with a DV report and documentation for a) payment or b) state statute/case law supporing their non payment or c) directive from the state insurance commision supporting the non-payment. USAA provided none of those. They did provide a refusal letter with absolutely no supporting documentation or reasoning other than a 100% subjective "we feel the vehicle does not qualify".

If your new G37 was wrecked by someone insured with USAA I'm guessing you would want the diminished value you were entitled to by state law too.
they don't have to be perfect...just pay what their policy is responsible for and required by law. The OP should know that USAA insurance co just arbitrarily refuses to pay claims sometimes, not just people's good experiences with them.
I am so sorry, I didnt know your friend was so perfect and couldnt make mistakes.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
WRX_to_G37

Thanks for so many replies! There some amazing rates in this thread. Maybe I need to move! haha I have been shopping around for over a week and Geico has proven to be my best option so far, which is frightening. My brother's family is USAA. My father is a Vietnam vet with an honorable discharge, so he's a member, but it sounds like coverage is not available to me. Still checking there.

As for the diminished value payment, I haven't ever heard of an insurance company paying this willingly. There are actually cases of companies anteing up without being taken to court? Learn something new every day.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WRX_to_G37
Thanks for so many replies! There some amazing rates in this thread. Maybe I need to move! haha I have been shopping around for over a week and Geico has proven to be my best option so far, which is frightening. My brother's family is USAA. My father is a Vietnam vet with an honorable discharge, so he's a member, but it sounds like coverage is not available to me. Still checking there.

As for the diminished value payment, I haven't ever heard of an insurance company paying this willingly. There are actually cases of companies anteing up without being taken to court? Learn something new every day.
If your brother and your father are USAA members (and I assume you aren't/haven't been in the military?) you should still be able to be a member. I can't remember the exact rules but I'd for sure call them and check, if they are your cup of soup for insurance
Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 PM
WRX_to_G37

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
If your brother and your father are USAA members (and I assume you aren't/haven't been in the military?) you should still be able to be a member. I can't remember the exact rules but I'd for sure call them and check, if they are your cup of soup for insurance
No, no military service for me. I was always the one who had problems with authority. Didn't realize the old man was eligible until this morning, during a conversation with a friend. Apparently USAA restructured their rules regarding vets with honorable discharges. The parental units became members as soon as I filled them in on availability. Going to call them in the morning and find out for sure, as I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WRX_to_G37
No, no military service for me. I was always the one who had problems with authority. Didn't realize the old man was eligible until this morning, during a conversation with a friend. Apparently USAA restructured their rules regarding vets with honorable discharges. The parental units became members as soon as I filled them in on availability. Going to call them in the morning and find out for sure, as I've heard nothing but good things.
Yeah even if they had **** service (which I've experience only awesome service) it would be worth it just for the savings
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Tribute

I get RIDICULOUS rate with Geico in Georgia. 410 for 6 months with 50k/100k C500, Comp500 on my 2008 G37 Journey

Govt employee + past car on a million dollar fleet plan(this was big... saved me ~150$ on my 6 month by itself)

I'm 23 btw, without a "spotless record". By the time my renewal comes around it will be "spotless", i'll be 24 and it'll be down to ~340$ for 6 months...

Last edited by Tribute; 04-05-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
WRX_to_G37

Tribute, I envy your rates my man! WOW. I ended up grabbing a $190/month deal for the time being, with the intention of finding a way to make the USAA thing happen. I'm carrying considerable coverage, (100/300 UM/UIM unstacked) which is a big part of the expense, but in the end, I caved for now because I like the security this coverage provides in a place like Florida and I needed to move on this insurance issue in a hurry. Won't be staying with this insurer forever, that much is guaranteed. Thanks for the input all, it was eye opening!