G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Beware: Fiber Images Company Screwed Up My Infiniti G37...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beware: Fiber Images Company Screwed Up My Infiniti G37...

Cliff Notes First Before the Full 6 months story of how Fiber Images of Palmdale, California screwed me & my Infiniti G37.

So today i head over to fiber images after Lupe (the real owner of fiber images) called me the previous day to say that someone dropped off my hood and trunk at his shop. I go there this morning and find my OEM trunk scratched up and missing the latch and hardware and i see my hood with some wierd film on it but it doesn't come off and missing the latches and all the hardware on it. I let this company use my hood and trunk to make a mold of it so that way we can get some carbon fiber parts for the G37 besides going to VIS or Seibon...

After 6 months of having to trunk and hood, they failed to make a carbon fiber product and i was forced to buy a Seibon Carbon fiber hood and trunk.

I paid $200 in carbon fiber materials and wasted 6 months of my time and energy driving around without a hood and trunk.

Turns out that Sara brought my Hood and Trunk to Albert (former owner of Fiber Images) who has a shop in Baja California to work on my hood and trunk and now Lupe is telling me that Albert is not part of Fiber Images and that he is his own Company.

Now for the LONGGGGG...story...

5/14/09
I E-mailed Fiber Images and the e-mail directed the e-mail to Sara the wife of Albert (who in my knowledge at that time Albert was the owner of Fiber Images) I dealt with Fiber Images before in 2004 with my 2004 Nissan 350z. Their hoods and trunk were great and fit great too, plus they were local which was a plus. So i thought i'd give them a head's up with the new Infiniti G37 and show them that their a big community for after market parts and potentially a huge business for them.

I inquiry them that I and a bunch of members of myg37.com are interested in Carbon Fiber Parts for the Infiniti G37 and sent them a list of parts and screen names of people interested those parts.

we go back and forth, i head over their to talk to them face to face and talked to Lupe who is the father of Albert, but doesn't speak English well so mainly talking to Sara.

Here is the e-mail

"I spoke with Lupe, and he gave me pricing for the hood 625.00 and decklid (trunk) 575.00 as for the group buy of 10 he wants 50% down of all 10 hoods the donor of the hood or trunk get 1/2 off and not resposible for minor discoloration or dents that may appeaer during the process of making the mold on the org. part. your more then welcomed to contact me at the office if you have any questions 661-274-9500.....Sara"

i told them they are not being competitive with the current competition and they are unknown in the G37 community. So we go back and forth and finally he calls his son Albert who is in Baja Calfornia and i talk to him about the potential business this could bring. I give the phone back to Lupe who talks to Albert and he agrees.

So Now it's September and Albert calls me and tells me that he will work on the hood and trunk and that i need to pay for the materials ($200) which i gladly paid. He tells Sara to pick up my hood and trunk which she did and it's ready to get molded and gives me a time frame of 2 weeks for the mold and 2 weeks to make the carbon fiber hood and trunk.

October comes and he tells me that the hood is in Baja California which i now know is in Mexico! i was skeptical but it was too late so i just brushed it off and just let him continue his work.

November comes, no word, so called and gives me the run around saying that their were some problems (being sick, weather, etc, etc) nothing i can do but wait and wait since the hood and trunk is not local anymore and it's not like i can drive to baja california, mexico.

December comes, not done, getting frustrated, calling every week trying to get a status but again nothing

January comes i get a text from albert, looks like they moved their shop and got a new number, how convienient, still no hood and trunk

01-11-2010
tells me that the hood and trunk will be ready friday
01-20-2010
text me the weather is bad so next week
01-25-2010
text that next monday his wife will be in town to drop off the oem hood and trunk
text me that he needs to do some changes to the trunk
02-01-2010
text me that he needs 1 more week
02-08-2010
text me that his wife will be in town on friday
02-17-2010
text me that she willbe in town monday

getting really frustrated and texting him back that i am tired of the run around and excuses

now i call fiber images and talk to lupe and his other son danny.
lupe informs me that albert is not part of fiber images and they had an arguement and are not talking to each other.

so i get danny involved and he starts getting in contact with albert

March 19, 2010
talked with lupe at the shop and tells him how messed up this situation is and he keeps telling me that this is not his fault and that albert is another company and that i should've went straight to him and not sara and albert.

which is bull since he had me talk to Albert on the phone and also talked to Sara since his "English" was supposedly bad. So now i'm debating if i should threaten to sue Lupe for his bad business practice or do an insurance claim.

I am so lost right now and need the help of the internet and fellow enthusiast to guide me to the right path to get this situation resolved.

Also now that this happened i hope this will never happen to anyone else. Learn from my mistakes.

This will be regularly updated, with more news and more details.

Thanks for reading...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. As far as legal action, I guess you could go that route, but I'm not sure after all the legal fees if it'd be worth your trunk and hood...someone else who's more experienced in this area could give you a second opinion. Good luck.