G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

$3200 for "routine maintenence" and labor????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:51 AM
nwryuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$3200 for "routine maintenence" and labor????

ok, here's the deal, ive been looking at trading my 08 G37 coupe in because ive been having so many issues out of it....

It had to be towed 3 hours from my house to charlotte, with only 39,000 miles on it on wednesday. they called today and they are saying that it was $1800 for labor on warranty work because of the "wear and tear parts"

BUT THIS IS WHAT STUMPS ME.... they are saying that "routine maintenence" requires a system flush at 40,000 miles, and that it is mandatory or it will void the warranty??? who the hell has ever heard of this? they are charging me $1400 to flush the damn car. i am a bit irate. all of this come out to about $3200.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 AM
nwryuber

im not really even sure what they are supposed to "flush" but if it is the transmission... they already had to put a brand new one in less than 4,000 miles ago.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 AM
DashKid
Banned

Naw they are screwing you. If is under your warranty they shouldn't charge anything for that warranty work. Now if you want anything else done with your car it's gonna a lot cause they are known for stealing money (hence stealership). Tell them is BS and that you can file a law suit for it.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 AM
nwryuber

i feel like dropping a nuke.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The closest Infiniti dealership to you is 3 hours away? You are under warranty for most major work. What do they define as wear and tear? Just the flush??? Are they finding some kind of shoddy modification? I am finding it hard to believe they are trying to charge you that much for a simple engine flush. We need a little more detail.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
JonfromCB

I agree with Callaway, There is more to the story than we're being told. What parts
are the dealer claiming have "wear and tear". What is being flushed?
My assumption based on your "bits and pieces" is that you're having a
transmission problem...is that correct? If so, I'm assmuming from what you're
saying that you've worn out your clutch.....is that correct? Or is it an engine
issue, since it appears you got a tranny not long ago? If that's the case, I'd
bet the flush is for the engine because it's sludged up and you've incurred
VVEL actuator failure???? I'd like to hear more of this story.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:52 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

What happened to ur car? What is it being towed for
Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 PM
nwryuber

i had a brand new transmission put in 3900 miles ago because it had been acting funny since i bought the car, and it finally went down.

now they are saying the transmission is down again, 3 months later, and they are saying that i need to put a new clutch in, saying that my clutch is about to go out as well. they put new brakes on my car 3 months ago when the transmission was put in, and my breaks were so dangerous that they had to come tow the vehicle, because they will not stop the car. all of the lights in the gauge came on, the ABS, Slip, VDC, traingle with the exclamation mark, and more. and there have just been so many more problems with this car. so they are not charging me for new brakes or installation, but they are charging me the $1800 for putting in a new clutch. that is outrageous.

and i found out yesterday, the $1400 is to flush the radiator, and i think the engine? they just told me "flush the system" .... i doubt its the transmission? its brand new? they said if i do not have it done while the car is still at the dealership, it will void the remaining warranty that I have left.

I spent $1200 just 3 months ago on repair work that in my opinion, should have been covered completely by warranty. there were lots of rattling noises and such from the engine.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:08 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Sounds like a lemon to me man.. sorry to hear that
Old 03-27-2010, 01:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You need to call Infiniti, then get a lawyer. You're getting hosed, big time. You got hosed the last time as well, so they think you have a target drawn on your forehead.

They are lying to you about the engine flush being required. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even exist as a service item in the manual. You're getting screwed. Read the service schedule, arm yourself with knowledge, and tell them you're not paying for unnecessary maintenance. There is a warranty on their previous work - typically one year. Find out what it is and stick up for yourself.

Unless you are absolutely beating the crap out of this car, it sounds like you're paying for everyone's bonuses this quarter.

Last edited by 15951; 03-27-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
nwryuber

im super pissed about this. this is my first, and probably my last infiniti. they always say "most people can afford the car, but not the insurance" ..... its the damn maintence of nearly $5000 in only 2 years that gets me. oh the joy of when this is no longer under warranty. i have named my car "shanita" , cause shanita new transmission, shanita clutch, shanita breaks.... i guess i better start saving up some money in my "shanita mechanic" account. im glad none of you guys are having issues like i am, its reassuring. but they should do something more to take care of my problems.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
nwryuber

yeah... i appreciate your guys inputs more than you know, im really thinking about going as far as getting a lawyer.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

What a ****ing huge headache. The radiator flush thing is total bulllll****. 1800 for clutch swap is what I expect from dealerships but you have the right to have it done elsewhere. Can you briefly explain what the problem with ur transmision is because I am wondering If I may have issue with it to (6mt).
Old 03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
nwryuber

GT35R , I have an 08 6MT, my car was stalling bad when i pulled out from a stop, and when I applied gas, it felt like it was missing power and the reaction was very delayed. there were popping noises coming from the hood, and when in idle it was very loud when it should have been very quiet. it also began to smell.

ive searched around and ive seen where hundreds of people are having transmission problems and clutch problems, as well as battery problems (which im on the 3rd battery in 2 years) and gauge problems with the lights coming on. particularly on 08 models.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

I did rad flush myself and changed hoses to Samco ones in about an hour and half...

But again, there isn't a need for you to change rad fluid this early. You definitely are getting scammed here and you should seek help from a pro mechanic and a lawyer. Prepare to sue the **** outta those crooks.

Quick Reply: $3200 for "routine maintenence" and labor????