G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

$3200 for "routine maintenence" and labor????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nwryuber
GT35R , I have an 08 6MT, my car was stalling bad when i pulled out from a stop, and when I applied gas, it felt like it was missing power and the reaction was very delayed. there were popping noises coming from the hood, and when in idle it was very loud when it should have been very quiet. it also began to smell.

ive searched around and ive seen where hundreds of people are having transmission problems and clutch problems, as well as battery problems (which im on the 3rd battery in 2 years) and gauge problems with the lights coming on. particularly on 08 models.
I think you are a bit exaggerating. Hundreds of cars? I think not. If there really were that many cars, Nissan/Infiniti would have already issued a recall for it.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:08 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
You are exaggerating. G37s and 370zs are overall very reliable.

Either the work done on your car previously was shoddy, or you have a lemon.

They're trying to pull a fast one on you with the flush crap, and that alone would not cost as much as they're saying.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and report them, they are ripping you off and not honoring the warranty on their previous work. Then, call them and let them know you've contacted Infiniti Consumers Affairs and see what they say. My guess is your costs magically go down.

Oh, and the car may qualify under the Lemon Law as well.

Last edited by TJHG37S; 03-28-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM
nwryuber

the dealership is supposed to contact me monday.... since ive had the car, today makes about 21 whole days that it has been at the dealership when they're all added together. and i apologize, i realize now that when i said "hundreds of cars" were having these issues, it was actually like 4 or 5 cars who have posted on multiple websites and files complaints.

i think i have a lemon.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Get an itemized service ticket and call Infiniti Consumer Affairs.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 AM
nwryuber

UPDATE: $3200 for routine maintenence

here is the original thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...and-labor.html

i got my car back tonight at around 1am..... here's the new info, if you guys have any advice... I'm calling Consumer Affairs tomorrow.

first off, when i called Lake Norman 8 days ago they told me roadside assistance would COME GET, and then BRING BACK my car as long as I lived withing 250 miles (which im at about 180) of the dealership.

They came and got the car, no problem.... and i told the dealership not to do the maintence of $1400 to change fluids and flush the radiator... cause thats major BS. so they told me that my warranty is now voided? i told them im not paying 1400 to have my radiator flushed and have the fluids changed.

this all happened today and they told me that i'd have to come and get the car myself , and i told them no.. they told me the other maintenece was $55, but I could pay it over the phone. they told me the car wouldnt be delivered back to me, after they told me IT WOULD BE to begin with... so i ended up on the phone with roadside for about 45 minutes getting that straightened out, because they werent going to bring it back. then i had a lot of trouble trying to make the payment, they kept telling me i was going to drive 3hours away to pay a 55$ payment before my car could be released... finally we did paypal.

now, the first thing i checked when i got my car was the mileage... they put 86 miles on my car?? why???? i dont think they needed to drive 86 miles to test the breaks???
Old 03-30-2010, 01:46 AM
nwryuber

they kept making the comment "u dont need to be putting any more money into this car... its a lot of trouble, just trade with us" .... and they were going to give me 18,000 as a trade? ummm hell no? they said the trade was so low because there are so many problems with the car that they would have to fix. isnt that what warranty is for?

i feel like they were charging me all of these ridiculous prices of things to try and FORCE me to make a trade with them.

and i think them trying to make me come down there to pay the 55$ was so they could try to corner me to make the trade again.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 AM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
i would just entirely avoid that dealership if i were you.. even if it is the closest one to you. never trust dealerships
Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
worldcrafter

wow, just wow... very crooked dealership you got there. i would definitely call consumer affairs, hell even look them up on BBB and file a complaint or something. and don't EVER bring your car back to them, that's for sure. they are just beyond retarded
Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
+1.

Don't ever go there again. Make sure your survey reflects the poor service, and don't ever be shy to bring in Infiniti Corporate for anything that isn't done to your satisfaction in the future.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just deal with Nissan Corporate going forward.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 AM
rohardi

WoW Just WoW my friend. That's all I can say.... Take control of the situation at hand and stand up for your self!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Call Chuck Norris and ask him to roundhouse kick them in the face.

But for real, they are lying and trying to rip you off so badly.

A dealership that has you pay through PayPal? Really?!?! Trade cars with them? Are you F@cking serious?!?!?!

They need to be reported and FAST. Who knows how many other people they have actually gotten to pay for this scam
Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Surfdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nwryuber, check your PM. I sent you something that hopefully may help you.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:51 PM
G4me

Sounds like your a little rough on your car to me, have you ever thought about owning a Hummer?

Quick Reply: $3200 for "routine maintenence" and labor????