Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just got my Black on Black 6MT: 1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 AM
tomb18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my Black on Black 6MT: 1st impressions

Well, yesterday I got it, 2 months ahead of schedule! What can I say...Wow!!

This is a real step up for me..previously I had a pathfinder and I just returned my Nissan Sentra. Totally different beast. I thought an Integra I had was quick...no comparison. I haven't stepped on it yet...waiting for the breakin.

Anyways, I have the canadian version of the 6MT. As such, it does not have the 6MT letters. Just G37S on the back. Also, I was presently surprised to find that the Nav system, does not have the disclaimer and require you to hit ok when you start up. Also it does NOT have the automatic mirror folding as some have mentioned.

The delivery from the dealer was not great. The car obviously had been washed (and not that well) with dirty rags. The hood has tons of swirls and it was far from what you see in the showroom. There was still pieces of plastic in the wheels...wait till I get the survey.

Anyways, as it has been for the last 3 vehicles I bought, there was snow that fell, when the previous week we hit record high temperatures, so it's already really dirty.

First chance I get, it's a wash and then it's off to the detailers for a swirl removal and sealing.

Great ride!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Xaran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations !

Im very happy with my G, post your mods as you do them.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Professional detailing is the way to go to remove swirls, there's no practical way to get it done well by hand. I saw your other thread about the swirls - the dealership should take care of this for you.

No G37's have 6MT lettering on them, they all say "G37S" on the back. None of the North American cars have automatic mirror folding either. So yours is normal. However the not having to hit the "OK" button must be new. At least I've never heard of it but I have a 2008. Maybe others wit 2010's can verify that this has changed.

Welcome to the club, enjoy your new ride.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Non-US car... Canadian's aren't as stupid as us American's; they don't crash by not looking at the road, and then blame the manufacturer.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!

No "disclaimer" before starting in my '10. I have a 7at S. Didn't notice that in my bros 6mt either (pre '10).
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Must be a huge difference from the Pathfinder and Sentra.

Good luck keeping the black, clean and swirl free.
Now let the modding begin.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
tomb18

Thanks everyone. The dealer told me that these things happen and wants me to bring it in to the service preparation where they will make it look like it is a showroom car (should have done this at delivery). I can talk to them first and if they aren't going to do the work to my liking (I've been studying the detailing section!!) I can take to a detailer of my choice and they will pay the bill.

I guess I have to give them a chance.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tomb18
Thanks everyone. The dealer told me that these things happen and wants me to bring it in to the service preparation where they will make it look like it is a showroom car (should have done this at delivery). I can talk to them first and if they aren't going to do the work to my liking (I've been studying the detailing section!!) I can take to a detailer of my choice and they will pay the bill.

Seems they want the chance to make things right. Good to hear!

Keep in mind that on the survey, you should reflect the FINAL condition of the car. If you say the car was in bad condition on the "scoring" part, then that is all Infiniti will take into account; corporate does not take comments into account. Giving the dealer a good (perfect) survey will likely help you in the future with servicing. Likewise, a bad survey will hurt your relationship.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Sha37

Originally Posted by Mike
Non-US car... Canadian's aren't as stupid as us American's; they don't crash by not looking at the road, and then blame the manufacturer.
Canada, Being 1/3 of population Chinese, I don't know about your assumption, LOL. Let me say though that the Asian Driver joke doesn't apply to people on this forum since they chose to drive a G.

Welcome to the forum tomb18, enjoy your new car.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Gee37S

Congrats tomb, which dealership did you get it from?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
When we bought our used G at a Nissan dealer .... when we were doing all the paperwork, etc .... they said lets have our guy wash it for you. I told them no thank you and they seemed shocked. I asked are you going to use a new sponge, fresh water and a chamois that's either new or washed? They said no .... I said that's why. All that dirt in the existing materials just creates swirls. They said ...yeah, I guess you are right.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
they said lets have our guy wash it for you. I told them no thank you and they seemed shocked. I asked are you going to use a new sponge, fresh water and a chamois that's either new or washed? They said no .... I said that's why.

I F'n Love it... I took delivery of my G37S just last week... I took 1 look
at the wheels and unfortunately for my salesman, embarrassed him.
I swiped my finger on the wheels and there was a very visible mark.
I had so much dirt on my finger. I said to the salesman, your prep dept.
had an entire two days before I was coming to pick up the car and this is
what they deliver for you??? They should be fired.

I had an issue with the wheels which they are making right,
but when in discussion with them, I said you'll at least get these
wheels back CLEAN... LOL. People simply don't care that much.
The simple fact that we're on this site talking about our cars certifies
us. We are car crazy *****... But I'd have it no other way... LOL

Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
tomb18

Originally Posted by Gee37S
Congrats tomb, which dealership did you get it from?
Spinelli Infiniti. Third car I buy from them. The first a pathfinder, was covered in 6 inches in snow when they delivered it, and the sentra, well I didn't care much. But this time...
Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
SnoopDawg

Originally Posted by tomb18

Congrats on the new ride!

I'm going to sound cynical but they already proven they suck, do you really want to give them a chance to trash your ride?

Unfortunately I'm speaking from experience (a different Infinity dealer). See if they will pay if you just direct to a good detailer, most of the dealership detailers are amateurs...
Old 03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
welcome! and + 1 on getting pro detail or if you want it right, do it yourself! Don't let dealer do it unless they farm it out to a professional detailer, I ought to know, I work at a dealership ( not infiniti )

Quick Reply: Just got my Black on Black 6MT: 1st impressions