Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

anyone not go in for service for fear of damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone not go in for service for fear of damage

damages at dealership service happen all time and of course they always deny it. My car has had little damages when in for service before but i never mentioned it to them cause it would be a pointless battle.

Now that my car is modded, the last thing i want to do is give them my car with my Volk wheels on it (might just put on my winter tires for service appts) Anyone else try to avoid taking their car in cause they think something will happen to it?

if I ask the service rep to be very careful with my car, it wouldnt make a difference since he is not working on it; if anything it would **** him off I said that.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you should walk into the service bay area and introduce yourself to the mechanic staff armed with a case or two of beer prior to your service appointment. If they know you and your car and you give them suds you will probably be golden.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats why you do a walk around with your service manager. Show them and tell them there are no defects in the car.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Infiniti93
Banned

I just go with the dudes when their workin on my baby or given her an oil change.... i could care less what they think or if other ppl think its funny i care too much about my car.... i rly dont give a **** about what ppl think lol. So try that if you have time on ur hands
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Every TSB performed so far resulted in one or two other parts being changed because something went wrong.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

No, I actually never had a problem with any dealers damaging any car when I've taken it in. I just drop it off, get a loaner, and come back later to pick it up.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You should know your service manager, service writers, and at least some of the techs. As was said, have a relationship and be proactive. It works wonders. At my dealership they know my car and know me and seem to take great care of doing things right, ie no scratches on the Volks, no running it through the car wash, etc.

Get to know them, let them get to know you and how very important your car is to you. It works unless you just have a very crappy dealership.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:28 PM
beerme986

i do have somewhat of a relationship with my dealer, but it isnt a great one. my dealer is reluctant to fix issues so of course I have to push them. They know I am **** about my car but it didnt stop them from putting some scratches on my interior; which was probably done on purpose

Some people think I am too **** about my car but hell I paid 40k for it. I will be as **** as i want. I have found a new dealer that seems much better but just wanted to see if anyone else is as worried as I am.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Nope. No dealership car care issue. Definitely having a good working relationship is a plus.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Namir
Registered Member

I have the same worries, of course I've only been to my dealer once so far so the relationship is only starting to build.

I don't know about walking in with a case of beer, I wouldn't want a bunch of drunk techs working on my car :P

Some dealerships enforce the employees only rule in the service area due to liability issues but that really just depends on each service department. If they let you, I would definitely watch, but try not to annoy or distract the mechanics too much.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 AM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Suggestion, this forum should have a stickey where we could set up a grading system for all dealers, then we could choose to go to the dealer with highest marks. Maybe some dealers will be interested in improving their grade, if any of them follow this site???
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 AM
lakers8

Originally Posted by mikelr
Maybe you should walk into the service bay area and introduce yourself to the mechanic staff armed with a case or two of beer prior to your service appointment. If they know you and your car and you give them suds you will probably be golden.
So you want them to work on your car drunk?
Old 03-21-2010, 05:15 AM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If you have any decent aftermarket rims, you should also have beater wheels. Just throw em on before taking it in for service cuz you know the dealer will treat ur Volks like they treat any other crappy oem wheels.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:44 AM
beerme986

yea my beater wheels are my stock 19's. only problem is I have snow tires mounted on them. the dealer is like 30 minutes away. an hour round trip on snow tires in spring/summer would cause a lot of tread wear
Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
mikelr

Originally Posted by lakers8
So you want them to work on your car drunk?
The beers for after work silly..

They probably have some lame no drinking on the job rule anyway..

Quick Reply: anyone not go in for service for fear of damage