G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

anyone not go in for service for fear of damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Never had a problem with my dealer. I always do a walk around when I pick up the car, especially with my wheels. I take very good care of mine and so far, no curb rashes, *knocks on wood. If I find a damage, even minor ones, and they deny it, I would raise hell and demand to speak with the manager. I baby my car and I expect them to respect it.

And I always refuse the carwash. I don't let anyone else wash my car except myself.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
SnoopDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer I bought my car at sucked so bad I now drive across town to the other dealership. I'll not take my car back to the dealership I bought it from. Every time I have taken it in there were problems, bunch of freaking amateurs...

My one experience at the other dealer was awesome.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
The beers for after work silly..

They probably have some lame no drinking on the job rule anyway..
Man, what kind of fascist employer Infiniti must be. Running sweatshops like that.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Stanislav

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid to take my car in - but based on my prior experience with them, they "try" to fix one thing and break something else. Most of the time its just being careless - i.e. - when I had a beige leather interior in my prior G35, one of the technicians left a 2 inch black ball point pen mark on the driver seat. I thought it could be easily taken out - only to find out that it is almost impossible to take it off.
They had to send my car to an upholstery shop to re-dye the leather.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:18 PM
espoe213

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by beerme986
damages at dealership service happen all time and of course they always deny it. My car has had little damages when in for service before but i never mentioned it to them cause it would be a pointless battle.

Now that my car is modded, the last thing i want to do is give them my car with my Volk wheels on it (might just put on my winter tires for service appts) Anyone else try to avoid taking their car in cause they think something will happen to it?

if I ask the service rep to be very careful with my car, it wouldnt make a difference since he is not working on it; if anything it would **** him off I said that.
I just made an appointment to get my vehicle check up @ Miller Infiniti. I'm really regreting for calling them for previous issues. Their just the nearest dealer****(Dealership).

I've had horrible experiences with Miller Infiniti on Van Nuys. First they return my vehicle, after an oil change, with a long scratch from the passenger side front bumper to where the passenger door ends. I was so mad I showed them the damage and I even spoke with the manager. Oh yeah they even took a chunk out of my tire and rim. WTF serious what did they hit? Well they gave me a loner and I was like ok they r going to fix it. They fixed it but when I got it back I noticed my paint had deep scratches near and around where the long scratch was. I was like **** it I'll fix it myself. I look inside my car and they left permanent stains of like a white tar substance on my passenger chair. It's like they have lunch in ur vehicle.

Their is a rep also he is an idiot. He was mad at me cause I reported the damage. Lol he said he is going to get in trouble.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
InfiniDrew

At least you guys have a dealership nearby to complain about! lol I bought mine from the nearest dealer which is over 2 hours away (one way on the Interstate). So far, I do my oil changes myself...

Has anyone brought their car to a Nissan dealership instead?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good thread. I'm always a little nervous when leaving my car at the dealership. We love our cars b/c we paid for them, but the guy working on them, who probably can't afford one (no offense) sees them 20 times a day and treats them like, well, work.

I hate the whole "Service Writer" bs business model. Most people never meet their technician and the SW is usually someone who is just a customer service type that knows nothing about the car. When I had my Acura CL I got to know my technician and my car was well taken care of when I took it in for service and repairs. I'll have to remember to get to know my technician at the Infiniti dealership too.