G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

3500 budget Help Mold my red G37x coupe to Perfection.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Bx_KaotiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3500 budget Help Mold my red G37x coupe to Perfection.

Ok so my budget is 3500 and would appreciate suggestions on what to get. Keep in mind this is my first car and im a complete noob to everything. This is a fun project for me and will be posting up pics as i update car.
It is a G37x awd vibrant red coupe with black leather interior premium and nav inside. im goin for the red and black look overall. i will post links of everything im looking into and would love you guys opinions.

lets start with rims as this is hardest for me bcuz of what i been reading. i want to be 20's but have no idea if it should be 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 or how about bolt patern and offset?? As of now i know tires front should be 245/35 and rear 275/30R. these are links to some im interested in. what do u guys think?

Rims

Gianelle Qatar Matte Black with Machined Lip Wheels at Street Dreams with the red lining around of course

Giovanna Essen Matte Black Machined Wheels at Street Dreams

Those are only 2 i seen so far if u guys know of any more plz let me know. As far as tires what are the best for me ? Total-2300 possibly?

Overlays
I will be getting bluebat mobile black rooftop, gtr style tail lights, and rear valence overlays. Total- 175?

Headlights
Love this ironman mod i seen on link below for red coupe. i Have no idea if they are legal? Total- still trying to find out

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...b-warning.html

Car lowering

Have been reading that eibach sport kit springs would be the best.
Total- 257 wit shipping to 10452 bronx NY. Any Cheaper sites?

Grill

Should i just paint the grill black or get these?
STILLEN : STILLEN G37 Grille Assembly
Total- 257 idk about tax shipping is free. Or Paint the grill black anyone know how much that would be?

Cold air intake
what would be best one for me i have no knowledge on this at all.

Exhaust
Again i have no knowledge of this and already love the way the G sounds as is. Unless im missing something plz tell me the benefits of getting one.

Subwoofers
I know premium pack already comes with 11 speaker bose but i feel it wont be strong enough bass for me. I listen to mainly Hip-Hop and some rock so love that extra bump. I seen a perfect setup that i will most likely do as well to leave good trunk space.
MyG37 - RedG37SNC's Album: RED's G37S - Picture
What are best brands for 10 inch sub and amp to power it. How much would it be to install as well? Total- ???

Ok so thats all i can think of for my project as of now. Once again all opinions and help will be greatly appreciated. Which ever topic u can give your input in would be fine does not have to be all.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:29 AM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure about rims or suspension with the awd but here is a link to igor for all your headlight questions
https://www.myg37.com/forums/lightin...ls-prices.html

for intake i would suggest injen cold air

exhaust: the g does sound nice but with a set of high flow cats and cat back exhaust is can sound even better ang get hp gains. but the exhaust is all a matter of preference of sound some are louder and raspier than others youtube some videos
Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 AM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
@intake: you should go with the stillen Gen3 cuz i think it's the best.

@cat-back: depends, are you ok with loud tone or???
if you ask me, i think Fast Intentions is the best company in terms of performance and sound.....ooooh you gotta love the sound

@grille: i dont recommend the stillen, i say just paint your OEM grille BLACK to match your goal:black on red.

@lowering: Eibash springs are really good for lowering if you dont want to spend 1000$+ to get a coilovers.

@headlights: iron-man is cool but i think you will go over your budget if you want to get both: the iron-man and the rims......just do black housing.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rims- Alone should be your entire 3500 dollar budget. Did you account for tires (1000-1200 dollars), lug nuts because you cant use stock (200), TPMS sensors (200), mount/balance (200).

Overlays - Did you think about install? Typically it will run you about 40-60 to install the tail light overlays and 100-200 to install the roof overlay.

Lights - Are legal depending on the color LEDs you get. Dont get red or blue and you will be ok. For paint and LEDs, expect to pay 800 from Igor at 180 Customs or about 500 from Danny at Limited Edition.

Intake - Best bet is to look in the classified section and pick one. I would actually suggest a short ram intake because they are much easier to install and to clean the filters.

Grill - Just take it to a paint shop and spend the 150 to get it painted black.

Springs - Eibach are great but you also need to factor in the cost to install (200-300) and also the cost to realign your car (150-200)

Exhaust - If you love the way the G sounds, dont do exhaust. Just get some BERK high flow cats. They will make it a lil bit louder but keep the same stock tone.

Stereo - You could do a 1080 enclosure box, JL 10w6v2, and 500 watt amp. Very simple and common setup that sounds great. Expect to pay about 1200-1500 installed.

Pretty much you could do everything but the rims, or just the rims/tires. There is no way you could do all of it unless you bought some crazy cheap rims like XXR or Rotas.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Pretty much you could do everything but the rims, or just the rims/tires. There is no way you could do all of it unless you bought some crazy cheap rims like XXR or Rotas.
x2

Overlays
Do it right and paint it or don't do it at all. Overlays look cheap up close...especially on the edges.

Lights
These can range anywhere from $350 to $1000+ depending on options. With your budget, you may want to consider doing them yourself.

Intake
Looking at another $350 to $500 for a decent one, depending on what you go with. Not including install, but this isn't hard if you know what you're doing. I recommend Injen CAIs or Stillen 3Gs...although their installs are a bit more complex than the short rams.

Grill
Paint it black ($150 @ a paint shop) or get a CF replacement (~$600)

Springs
I would go with Eibachs for springs only or JIC/KWv3 if you want coilovers + camber kits + install/alignment...this is another ~$700 with just springs and camber kits, not including install and alignment (add a lot more for coilovers). You should also consider sway bars (add ~$350).

Exhaust
Without a doubt, MXP or HKS...add ~$1500

Stereo
I did a JL 10W6v2 and JL 500/1v2 in a ZEnclosure box with JL Audio/Monster cabling + RBC-1 for just under $1000...if you self install. Add another $200-300 for install if you don't know how.

There are, of course, cheaper options. But eitherway, $3500 isn't enough for everything you want to do.

Last edited by JLai; 03-15-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Bx_KaotiK

Thanks for all the replys this is really helpful. i never knew installations would be so much lol. No comments on the links to rims i put up? Keep the suggestions coming Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
jarborn1

My suggestion... If you have $3500 right now, think of what you want the most and do your mods progressively... For instince... This time get, Intake, Exhaust, springs, window tint etc...

Then start saving again and next round go for wheels and anything else you want...

It makes it much easier and it gives you the ability to be consistently adding new parts to your G so the likelyhood of growing bored goes down...

Just a thought. No need to do EVERYTHING all at once.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
The rims you put up don't belong on a G in my opinion
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
LightningG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Rims- Alone should be your entire 3500 dollar budget. Did you account for tires (1000-1200 dollars), lug nuts because you cant use stock (200), TPMS sensors (200), mount/balance (200).
What he said. Save some more money, get some nice rims save on the drop with springs. Yer looking for advise....there's a reason I'm like the 3rd or 4th person saying the same thing. IMHO, rims are the foundation that you build on, they either make everything else look better..or out of place.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Think about these rims instead. They're only moderately expensive, and marginally better than those you've selected.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
G37Alex

get some Work VS-XX
Old 03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Narrow it down to 3 things that you want the most right now first.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
IMO your best spending it on:

1) Rims - Vossen can be purchased for around $1,700-$2,000 - nice cast wheels with best warranty in class.
2) Tires can be purchased for around$780.00- $1,000 (vredestein ultrac sensata shipping included)
3) Eibach Springs = $250.00 & Labor = $250.00-$450)
^ Rear camber kit and front optional if your spirited driver.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
xlack
Registered Member

i suggest leaving rims for the last because good rims+tires will probably be 3/5 if not 4/5 of ur budget. and for everything else u can pretty much get it covered under $3,500 and still have left over money.

i would do the following in this order first..

1) eibach springs + spacers 10mm front, 15mm rear
2) bluebat mobile black rooftop, gtr style tail lights, and rear valence overlays
3) black out stock grill, leaving emblem chrome
4) tanabe exhaust
5) plan what u want to do next now

that should leave u plenty of money still and ur car will be looking really good already!

Quick Reply: 3500 budget Help Mold my red G37x coupe to Perfection.