Sponsored By:

Fix Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix Ticket

Quick story. I got pulled over by CHP and was given a citation for having tinted covers on my rear plates. Anyway this is an easy fix ticket that costs ten dollars from what I hear, all I gota do is get it signed off at CHP office and pay fee at court house. However, I have tinted windows and no front plate which I did not get cited for. If I remove my rear plate covers and take my car in to be inspected what will happen? Will they deny clearance of correction if they see those two things at the office?

I have nwo received citations from all forms of law enforcement: Local Police, Sherif, and California Highway Patrol .
Old 03-06-2010, 12:25 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It depends on the officer. One of the times I've gone in to get things written off, I saw another guy get sent home. He was there to show his correct on the tint, but the officer told him he can write that off but he's need to issue another ticket for no front license plate. Or he can take the car home and come back when his front plate is back on.

I've gone in both times for no front license plate but had with tints and I escaped both times without any additional tickets.

I chose the lady officers both times and used my charm

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

Yeah well I have to go to CHP station and they are a bunch of **** heads maybe I can mount my front plates in a ****y way with an adhesive tape like gorilla tape temporarily.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 AM
ucla bruin

I would do it more securely than that. One time the lady officer tugged on it just to see if it would come off, it didn't but it was loose. So I had to go home and redo it.

I recommend using the OEM bracket, screw the plate on there then secure the back of the bracket to the lower front grill with a few zip ties. You can always cut the zip ties if you want in the future.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I would do it more securely than that. One time the lady officer tugged on it just to see if it would come off, it didn't but it was loose. So I had to go home and redo it.

I recommend using the OEM bracket, screw the plate on there then secure the back of the bracket to the lower front grill with a few zip ties. You can always cut the zip ties if you want in the future.
I will try that too. It legal to have zip tied front plate brackets?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:46 AM
ucla bruin

I'm not sure but if you want to go my route, you will be connecting the back of the bracket to the front of the lower grill, so the zip tie will be hidden behind the bracket and won't show.

Using the zip tie, make a loop behind of bracket on the left and right side, make a loop on the corresponding spots on the lower grill, then connect the 2 pairs of loops using 2 more zip ties.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

I'm not sure but if you want to go my route, you will be connecting the back of the bracket to the front of the lower grill, so the zip tie will be hidden behind the bracket and won't show.

Using the zip tie, make a loop behind of bracket on the left and right side, make a loop on the corresponding spots on the lower grill, then connect the 2 pairs of loops using 2 more zip ties.
I am a little confused. How are they not gonna c the zip ties. By lower grill do you mean the lower part of the grill or that mess things that we have on the lower parts of the bumper (G37S)?

I wanna try your route. I tried using gorilla tape and it works too but i dont know how long the adhesive will last.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:55 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

btw how much does this citation cost exactly? He also cited be for driving without proof of insurance and registration which I later on found in my car between my seats.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
TJHG37S

I just bought a cheap universal rubber plate mount bracket and screwed it into the front holes and took it in to get fixed. I also have tint so i just rolled my windows down before I went in to get a CHP officer.

Not sure you wanna drive this far but I went to the Culver City CHP and they were really cool, the guy just checked to see I had a front plate and stamped my ticket, took 5 seconds.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Not sure Id put gorilla tape on my paint. When ya go to pull it off it might screw up your paint. Id try the zip ties first.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

I was surprised I got pulled over for just having tints on my rear plates. He did not pull me over for a moving violation.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:23 PM
ucla bruin

Maybe he felt like you had something to hide for tinting your plate, they sometimes try to scan that just to check your records.

The zip tie method will attach to the mesh grill on the lower part of the S bumper.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

Maybe he felt like you had something to hide for tinting your plate, they sometimes try to scan that just to check your records.

The zip tie method will attach to the mesh grill on the lower part of the S bumper.
If i had something to hide I would put on the dealership logo for my rear plates. CHP are just very lame.