Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Taking the car in this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
DJMatrix1067

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Taking the car in this afternoon

Well, I finally scheduled an appointment at the dealership to take care of a wealth of issues. I want to see what your take is on any of these. I love my car to death, but it seems like after 20,000 miles everything started going downhill.

1. Seat bubble- Obviously identical to what everyone else on here is experiencing, but I'm afraid the dealership will say wear and tear, even though my car is in immaculate condition.

2. Tail light seal- I noticed after my car wash yesterday that my reverse lamp had condensation in it on the left side. Not sure how the dealership will handle this since it may or may not be visible when I take the car in.

3. Windshield popping noise- Same as what everyone else is describing except mine seems to be making a noise almost all the time the car is in motion. Very faint and hardly noticeable during the day, but at night when things quiet down, it seems so loud.

4. Drivers window squeak- drivers window makes the most annoying squeal (continuous) that sounds like a cat being castrated every time it goes up or down.

5. Annoying rattle from suspension- Every time I am under braking and make a turn in either direction at a moderate speed, I am hearing a rattling noise that sounds like a part of the suspension is loose and is shifting around. Its hard to describe in text, but I want to make sure its nothing loose that will kill me later on.

I mean I know that all these issues are fairly common on our cars, but it just seems like a laundry list when I type them all out. I just honestly expected more from a car of this caliber. Like I said, I love my car to death, wouldn't trade it for anything, just wish Infiniti could get their act together and step up on some of these things.

Your thoughts?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
I love my car too the only problem I've had so far is the TSB done on the rotors and that's it. Other than that my car is perfectly fine. Hope the dealership takes care of you well and gets everything resolved
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an early production 09 sedan with the condensation in my left reversed light. I had it fixed 3 times under warranty but still see water stuck in there after heavy rain. I sort of gave up on it.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Krebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whyd you give up? the customer is always right all you need to do is get loud a little.. ask for a manager and they will fix it. Tell them you want a new light and to stop wasting your time with bogus fixes.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
hadokenuh

Originally Posted by Krebo
Whyd you give up? the customer is always right all you need to do is get loud a little.. ask for a manager and they will fix it. Tell them you want a new light and to stop wasting your time with bogus fixes.
Lol I'll do that when I need to put off my stress

Actually they "tried" to fix the first 2 times (bulb went out the 1st time), then replace the entire housing and whatnot. I still have the problem. Oh well ... I'll get louder on my next service.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg, i have window squeak too!

it happens when ever i hit a bump on the road, it just goes ekk ekk ekk and its pissing me off!

tell me how it goes
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I need to take my car in as well...again. I've been hearing creaking noises from my driver's side dash lately. Plus my RPM issue came back last night. Plus my gas tank hasn't been going entirely to full (well it did on the last tank, but the 3 tanks before it would only go 3/4 to 7/8 of the way). But mainly the creaking noise is annoying me, so time to go!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 PM
ruckus12251985

what happened at the dealership djmatrix
Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

I had the condensation issue and got it replaced no questions asked. Although I took some pics right when I saw it and also I was lucky that I was right next to the delarship when I noticed it, and got them to look at it and document it.

The window noise with the seal I got that to... Just got use to it. I thought it was the window tint....

Got the bubble too...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
DJMatrix1067

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Okay heres the run down:

1. Seat bubble- Replaced the seat bottom. Had to order the leather but it came in the next day. I'm still in the loan car and he said that was the part that was taking the longest. He did say to me that when he used to be a tech, he used to have to replace them a lot.

2. Tail light seal- Apparently there is a bulletin on this and the QX56 about how the condensation is "normal." He said as long as it goes away on its on in a few hours, not to worry about it. He said there is actually a small vent in each tail light designed to allow a small amount of air in to keep the lens from yellowing?

3. Windshield popping noise- Technician said that the noise was actually coming from the sunroof. "It's weird how noises travel in the G37." He replaced the seal around the sunroof and says that it's silent in their now.

4. Drivers window squeak- Cleaned and lubed all the weatherstripping. He says that it just needed to be lubed again. This one I actually believe.

Rather than have him attempt to diagnose my suspension rattle, I had him diagnose my steering column rattle instead. He ended up replacing the entire gauge surround of the steering wheel.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
ruckus12251985

let me know if that fixes your windshield. mine makes the popping noise and it really don't sound like the noise is traveling from the sunroof

and the driver window squeak, do you know what they lubed it with? silicone spray? mine goes away when its warm and gets real annoying when cold
Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
Okay heres the run down:

1. Seat bubble- Replaced the seat bottom. Had to order the leather but it came in the next day. I'm still in the loan car and he said that was the part that was taking the longest. He did say to me that when he used to be a tech, he used to have to replace them a lot.

2. Tail light seal- Apparently there is a bulletin on this and the QX56 about how the condensation is "normal." He said as long as it goes away on its on in a few hours, not to worry about it. He said there is actually a small vent in each tail light designed to allow a small amount of air in to keep the lens from yellowing?

3. Windshield popping noise- Technician said that the noise was actually coming from the sunroof. "It's weird how noises travel in the G37." He replaced the seal around the sunroof and says that it's silent in their now.

4. Drivers window squeak- Cleaned and lubed all the weatherstripping. He says that it just needed to be lubed again. This one I actually believe.

Rather than have him attempt to diagnose my suspension rattle, I had him diagnose my steering column rattle instead. He ended up replacing the entire gauge surround of the steering wheel.
Seriously?? That sounds like a bunch of crap about #2. Why would you want air going into your tail/head lights? I would imagine condensation would add to the yellowing problem if anything.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
juicybusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water in the taillight assembly??? o yea that's perfectly normal--------wtf----Not! I guess I better take mine in since it doesn't have any water in them and have some added-sheeesh
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by juicybusa
water in the taillight assembly??? o yea that's perfectly normal--------wtf----Not! I guess I better take mine in since it doesn't have any water in them and have some added-sheeesh
Totally agree! WTF! Condensation in any light will cause yellowing - more over a cloudy film. Go back and punch him in the jaw! Lol JK! But tell him he's wrong.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
HenryLee

Take it to the dealer and have it fixed.