Sponsored By:

Dead Battery Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:02 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by akfox37
when did you take yours in? i am in dallas too!

they ended up giving me my car back with a new battery (from an M i believe) and a new VCV and they said it would last me until Mar 15th when they are expecting to get the BCM

I took my to Crest. They treat me better than Sewell of Grubbs and I got mine replaced like in 1 day.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
bobmcc

I took my 2008 G37s to the dealer for my yearly oil change and state inspection yesterday and told them that I have to use a trickle charger if my car sits for over a week in my garage or it cranks very slowly. I am low miles-it's not my dailer driver (4,600 miles after 2 years). They told me about the TSB and are going to replace my battery with a higher capacity one and install a new "control module unit" which is on back order and should be in in about 2 weeks. I thought they were going to give me grief about the low miles causing the battery to drain but they said they will take care of it under warranty--no problem.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 PM
dbg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine failed to start the car after sitting for only 2 hours. ( 2009 with less than 7k miles) I ended up jumping it and drove it to the dealer the next day. They tested everything and said they could not find anything wrong. Within a week or so the car was having difficulty starting again in the garage. It is driven daily so sitting is not the problem. The problem is simply that the OEM weak kneed battery just doesn't have enough cranking amps to spin a higher compression engine under many circumstances. The OEM battery is only 550cca. The red top optima of the same size configuration is 720cca. The optima is actually a little smaller and uses a spacer to match the height.
It was not worth it to me to be leary of driving the car anywhere with the hope that it would be able to start and get me home. I just bit the bullet and bought the optima and installed it myself. Life is much better knowing that the starter is going to crank.

I don't know who in Nissan spec'd the battery and who is providing them, but in both cases the job outcome is extremely poor.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
^ Yup, didn't want to live with the worry about my wife or I being stuck with a dead battery so I got the red top too. Jumps to life now .....
Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM
el'ation

A few weeks ago, I went to a local Infinititi Dealership to test drive a 6MT.
I pushed the clutch in, then the Start button... nothing.

LOL, dead on their lot.

It was an 09 model and probably been sitting there for a while.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Danny Boy

Originally Posted by bobmcc
I took my 2008 G37s to the dealer for my yearly oil change and state inspection yesterday and told them that I have to use a trickle charger if my car sits for over a week in my garage or it cranks very slowly. I am low miles-it's not my dailer driver (4,600 miles after 2 years). They told me about the TSB and are going to replace my battery with a higher capacity one and install a new "control module unit" which is on back order and should be in in about 2 weeks. I thought they were going to give me grief about the low miles causing the battery to drain but they said they will take care of it under warranty--no problem.

Is that a 2008 only TSB or is 2009 covered?

Please advise TSB number. Thanks...
Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
bobmcc

Originally Posted by Danny Boy
Is that a 2008 only TSB or is 2009 covered?

Please advise TSB number. Thanks...
The service advisor only said there was a TSB, but didn't say if it was year specific or give me a TSB#. When I go back when the part comes in I will ask for more info and post it.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its posted in one of these battery threads.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Kwang

My battery died after owning the car for about 6 months. Took it to the dealer and the test showed nothing wrong, so they just charged the battery.

Just got home a few minutes ago and I had to turn the car on again -- did not start. Can't believe it just died out of nowhere. I noticed the car crawled to a start when I started it up earlier. I just called Tustin Infiniti (it's 9:20 pm and they are still open, odd? lol) for an appointment tomorrow and hopefully get it replaced with a larger one.

Last edited by Kwang; 03-01-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Lot of battery issues here like you guys, got the BCM tsb performed last week. Car sat for 48 hours without starting and the battery died. Have another appt. on Monday...
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
trippen

So far mine has been working good (with the larger battery) even sat in the collision repair shop for two weeks and has a nice strong start. Keeping my fingers crossed the problem has been resolved.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
bobmcc

Finally after almost 2 months my dealer called. The control module is finally in. I will take the car in on Monday to have the module replaced and a new heavy duty battery installed under warranty with a free loaner for the day.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
welshg37owner

My Battery died after I left the car for the weekend. Had 20,000 miles at the time. It was jumped and Ive had no problems since. I dont think it should have happened to such a new car. I was pissed. had to miss 4 hours of work that day as roadside was assist was slow.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
bobmcc

Finally after almost 2 months my dealer called. The control module is finally in. I will take the car in on Monday to have the module replaced and a new heavy duty battery installed under warranty with a free loaner for the day.
The service was done today. The invoice states "replaced battery, BCM, vent valve and reprogrammed ECM per TSB".

They also gave me a 2010 g37x sedan with 1,800 miles as a loaner. The 2010 was nice, but I like the colored gages and info center on the 08 and 09's compared to the plain white ones on the 2010. The dials look nicer than the rocker switches for the seat heaters tho'.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
2009G37

Does anyone know if the battery issues is also present in the 2010 models??

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Club