G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Body Control Module (BCM) Programable Options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body Control Module (BCM) Programable Options?

Does anyone know which options in the 08 G coupe (journey, sport, nav, tech, 4was) are programable? The reason I ask is because I had my battery, BCM and something with the fuel system replaced to correct the continuous need to jump start the car. When I got the car back, the dome lights and illuminated kick plates don't light up when I open the door. If I manually turn the switch on, then they light up. I called the dealership to ask and they said that "that feature" probably wasn't programmed back into the BCM when they re-programmed the BCM to my car, so they need to go into the BCM and "turn it on", so that it works.

What I'm inquiring about is if there is an option to have the car automatically lock when I park it and walk away- once the Intelligent key is "X" distance away from the car. I know that other cars can do it and am curious if the G can do it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
akfox37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been wishing for that feature for so long. it would be so nice to never have to worry about whether or not the car is locked as long as you know you have the fob and are away from the car.

i currently have my car at the dealer waiting for a new BCM to get in and be installed (had battery issues too). if nobody else can answer this between now and when i go pick my car up i will ask at the dealer if they know anything about that
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
no, there is no option to make the car lock/turn off/etc when the key fob is "X" distance away. the reason being for safety so that if the battery dies while you are driving they dont want anything to happen (I am surmising I dont know that for a fact). It WOULD be really nice to be able to do that though...

and as to your lights problem...turn the audio off and then hold down the settings button while turning the volume **** in any direction ~40 turns to access the diagnostic menu and see if its showing a problem. check out this if you have any questions about it
2007-2010 G35 and G37 Sedan, and 2008+ G37 coupe diagnostics and settings display system
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
no, there is no option to make the car lock/turn off/etc when the key fob is "X" distance away. the reason being for safety so that if the battery dies while you are driving they dont want anything to happen (I am surmising I dont know that for a fact). It WOULD be really nice to be able to do that though...

and as to your lights problem...turn the audio off and then hold down the settings button while turning the volume **** in any direction ~40 turns to access the diagnostic menu and see if its showing a problem. check out this if you have any questions about it
2007-2010 G35 and G37 Sedan, and 2008+ G37 coupe diagnostics and settings display system
Dang- I wish there was a "switch" that could be programmed in order to make that work. I'm still going to ask them in the morning when I take the car in.

I checked the error log- I don't know if these errors are new, or if they are old errors from the old BCM. (I would assume that when a new BCM was installed, they would have cleared the error log, or it would have cleared itself when the new BCM was put in.) Here are the errors-

CAN_COMM_CIRCUIT 39
AV COMM CIRCUIT 39
Internal Communication Error 39

Any clue what any of these relate to?

(Sorry if the formatting looks crazy- sent this from my phone)
Old 02-11-2010, 12:39 AM
TommyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G is at the dealer as we speak waiting on the parts for the BCM to be replaced...took me 4 jump starts and 3 trips to the dealer to get them to perform this TSB...I had to supply them with the part# since they gave me a bit of a runaround before agreeing to do this. Thanks to myg37, I would have never known what the problem was