Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just checked out 2010 g37 coupe firsthand

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
aexis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked out 2010 g37 coupe firsthand

Have a black/black 08 while getting service I checked out a black/black 2010 g37 coupe. In my opinion -

pros: new aluminum trim is darker, cooler looking on black interior.
Navigation resolution higher, easier to discern POI's etc
White gauge looks great, more like Lexus IS now (again personal opinion)

cons: new center stack not a huge improvement, not sure if even increased storage or not in there.
Bright silverish trim around shifter/center stack looks more feminine (personally didn't like)
Tech package: still hate the cutout box in front fascia (true of all years)
Rain sensing wiper and "plasma cluster" climate really
worth it? Even ICC I do not use so I would say skip the tech pack.
Aero kit: seems way overpriced for a "stock" bodykit. I think you can do much better with aftermarket. Midnight black grill is cool but can already paint yours black since 08.

Overall very minor improvements, I am very happy with the 08. Only thing I would say is a major Improvement from 08-10 is the 7 speed shift which was available in 09. At this point the G needs some exterior tweaking and the big improvement that should be made for the entire infiniti lineup is direct injection engines, but that may very well be made in the next refresh 2-3 years from now.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 PM
G35Coupe6MT05

Just got rid of my 2008 g37S 6MT coupe white/black and got a 2010 g37S 6MT coupe black/black.... in addition to the things you mentioned they added rear sonar with the back up camera, they replaced the ipod connection with usb and elimated the aux RCAs (they still have RCAs on some I think w/o nav). At first I didn't like the usb b/c i used the RCAs to play video through my ipod which you can't do through an ipod and usb. It does play divx files through any hard drive in fat32 under 60gb, the quality is much better and you have full controls of features through the car. They added stereo bluetooth audio which works really well, very cool for pandora. Through XM you now can get local weather (current temp, forecast, national satelite view, alerts). You can play DVDs directly through the front slot and you have the same options as a home DVD player. The media system is four times the resolution and has a whole new look with more details on songs and 3 different backgrounds. Overall not too much changed but the updated media system is worth it in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ That all sounds great but I don't get what people actually do with their DVD players. I haven't used a DVD in my car a single time. You can't (and shouldn't) watch a movie while the car is moving, and I pretty much never sit in my car unless I'm driving some where. So what is the point of all the RCA/video etc stuff?
Upgraded screen resolution for me would only be nice for the navigation and POI like you said, but other than that not really a big deal.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
pwlorraine

The upgraded tech does look very nice - I'm not sure I would pay the difference between the 09's on the lot and the new 10's. Streaming bluetooth and improved nav resolution are nice features - with a vert I like to see weather in the area (summer thunderstorms) while driving but use my iphone if I want a quick check. Also, rear camera is something you get used to very quickly and value. I'd love the all-around view that's on the ex35 - there would be no excuse for curb-rash then. The issue will be that the 10's will have a higher resale value (1 year newer on the coarsest measure), and the tech package dates the older 09's.

I would have liked to see an upgraded leather with better wear characteristics. Or maybe a couple of special screen displays - ie an "enthusiast's" screen on the nav display that lets you look at the OBD2 data, or an "eco" screen that would show more consumption related data. The software for those wouldn't take very long to write.

Peter
Old 01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
chaos in bloom

Personally, I would have liked to see cloth seats. Not cheap or ugly, just something a little more practical and resistent to common wear and tear. Leather looks ratty after so long in my opinion. It gets hot, then you sit on it, it starts to crease and crack. Then your left with a nice car... but the seats. Leather luster products are more or less a hassle, and I personally feel that cloth seats are more comfortable. You don't stick to them if your wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Another benefit, for those that have child seats and whatnot, they imbed themselves to the leather and you won't ever get rid of those creases unless you only have the car seat in the car when your using it, but who really wants to deal with carseats all the time?

Just my .02.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
krayziejoe

Im glad I got an 09...I will trade it in to get a 2011 or 2012 if there are major changes, or if they change the outside styling.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Namir
So what is the point of all the RCA/video etc stuff?
i know it wasnt built for this but... the purpose I WOULD have for the RCA/Video input is using it with my jailbroken iphone to output my nav app to my screen. ive tried it while the car is parked and it works perfectly. (as long as the phone is tilted in the landscape position of course)

not going to lie... i really want to do it...but im too much of a wuss to hack my car to display video while moving... maybe when the warranty expires... but im not taking any chances... text to speech will have to do in the mean time.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 AM
ObsidianGT

Did they get rid of the 4WAS?

Also, where exactly is the new USB port located? Also, I'm skeptical about it being able to play DivX files... and why the 60GB partition limit? That's odd.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:32 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by chaos in bloom
Personally, I would have liked to see cloth seats. Not cheap or ugly, just something a little more practical and resistent to common wear and tear. Leather looks ratty after so long in my opinion. It gets hot, then you sit on it, it starts to crease and crack. Then your left with a nice car... but the seats. Leather luster products are more or less a hassle, and I personally feel that cloth seats are more comfortable. You don't stick to them if your wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Another benefit, for those that have child seats and whatnot, they imbed themselves to the leather and you won't ever get rid of those creases unless you only have the car seat in the car when your using it, but who really wants to deal with carseats all the time?

Just my .02.
Well I disagree a little bit. If you have GOOD leather you don't have those issues. I owned a Sterling, interior was British (they do know how to make a nice interior) and the seats were all leather and not just the seating surfaces like almost all cars out there. This leather was soft, subtle and never once cracked in the 9 years I owned the car. Wasn't hot in the summer (unless it was cooking outside) and stayed soft in the winter. Granted, not all leather is like this but it can be done. Now the British electrical mechanical stuff on the car, well that was a different story
Old 01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Infiniti93
Banned

??? Those are pretty horrible changes in my opinion. I feel like everyone in Infiniti was sleeping until they realized that the year is about to end and they made random changes..... I'm perfectly fine with the 08 model i have because first off i don't have any issues that a lot of 08's did. Secondly there weren't any "astonishing" changes.

Also i think for whoever wanted a new G37 should go and purchase one of the 09 models they had in "new car sales" because those are guaranteed to have no problems and they are great line up according to the year. You are guaranteed to have absolutely no problems unless you go a ****ty lemon car. They would have also sold it to you in a great price because they like to get rid of old years. I recently bought the 08 in i think AG but it could be PG. I'm not sure but all i know is that its an amazing color. I'm glad i didn't get IP.