Paint Code - 19" Sport Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
HtownG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Code - 19" Sport Wheels

I did a search and could not find the information. Does anyone know the paint code for the couple 19" sport wheels? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:32 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know the paint code but I know its a high metallic silver (obvious I know). I only say that because when I had my curbed wheels fixed, they painted the wheel a dull silver and it did not match the rest of the wheels. They had to repaint the wheel to the special silver the the sport wheels had.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:54 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same issue trying to find a match for the standard wheels - even the dealer didn't have a code. If the sport is the same as the standard color, I believe it's called Hyper Silver which is a black base coat with silver top coat that is supposed to give it more depth. If you can find a Hyper Silver labelled touch up it should come close but I've been told it's hard to match it perfectly.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:35 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
No one really knows except Infiniti. My friend works for the rim repair co that is contracted for the local Infiniti dealer in my area as well as other dealers. Infiniti will not share the code with them.. He was able to match it but only after much trial.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
BUMP to the top. Do we know the pain code now?

Is it one of these?
2008 Infiniti G37 Touch Up Paint Colors
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wonder why this is a secret. I doubt nissan is trying to protect wheel repair companies.

They'd make money by offering wheel touch-up paint. Why don't they?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
MyocyteX

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I wonder why this is a secret. I doubt nissan is trying to protect wheel repair companies.

They'd make money by offering wheel touch-up paint. Why don't they?
Yeah, no logical reason to keep it secret really. I was trying to find the stock color, but if I can't I'm going to try something cool like PPG Ferrari paint. We'll see...

Anyone, stock 19's color code?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Maybe we can bug Enkei since they made the wheel?

edit: lol, google search it. Seems like there should be a decent market for wheel touch up paint.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Tonewheel

See this article. Matching Hypersilver for repairs is not easy, if at all possible.

Lead used in the paint is a problem here in the US.

Wheel Finishes: Hypersilver
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
MyocyteX

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Maybe we can bug Enkei since they made the wheel?

edit: lol, google search it. Seems like there should be a decent market for wheel touch up paint.
Exactly, after a little more research I see that others are having the same problem.

Originally Posted by Tonewheel
See this article. Matching Hypersilver for repairs is not easy, if at all possible.

Lead used in the paint is a problem here in the US.

Wheel Finishes: Hypersilver
Great article. Thanks for the link! I always knew the stock finish was beautiful, but I guess I took it for granted. I am now in the market for some nice paint. I'm thinking a PPG/Ferrari metallic silver.

This thread was brought back from the dead and now it can be buried again. Thanks guys.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
still not a paint code, this is something Enkei would have to tell us..
Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Tonewheel

Guys,

My RF 19" OEM sport wheel suffered a slight case of curb rash on the beautiful Hypersilver finish. Not too bad, about 2" in length and on the high part of the lip...really close to the tire. I took my time to sand it smooth, wipe it down with denatured alcohol, then headed off to Autozone (in the wife's car). What I experimented with worked darn near perfect, and I had neighbors over to try to find the paint repair from standing 2 feet away. No one could spot it. Here's what I bought, and mixed...

Two bottles of Dupli-Color touch up paint:
"Scratch Fix 2 in 1", NG CC 410 Bright Silver Met. PS2 Chrysler
"Scratch Fix 2 in 1", NG CC 427 Brilliant Black Crystal PXR, AXR Chrysler

I used the built-in brush to place about 10 drops of the silver in a clean plastic bottle cap, used as a dish. I then placed one drop of the black into the silver, mixed it thoroughly with a toothpick, then used the silver brush to carefully apply the mixture to the rash repair. It dried really fast, and the instructions said to wait 30 minutes between coats. I didn't wait...never do with touch up paint, and it has always worked fine. I did around 6 very carefully controlled coats. And now, it looks great.

Given the variances of the Hypersilver paint process, your wheels may vary from mine, so you may have to experiment a bit with the mixture. But basically, it's lots of silver and a touch of black.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Shankster

Originally Posted by Tonewheel
Guys,

My RF 19" OEM sport wheel suffered a slight case of curb rash on the beautiful Hypersilver finish. Not too bad, about 2" in length and on the high part of the lip...really close to the tire. I took my time to sand it smooth, wipe it down with denatured alcohol, then headed off to Autozone (in the wife's car). What I experimented with worked darn near perfect, and I had neighbors over to try to find the paint repair from standing 2 feet away. No one could spot it. Here's what I bought, and mixed...

Two bottles of Dupli-Color touch up paint:
"Scratch Fix 2 in 1", NG CC 410 Bright Silver Met. PS2 Chrysler
"Scratch Fix 2 in 1", NG CC 427 Brilliant Black Crystal PXR, AXR Chrysler

I used the built-in brush to place about 10 drops of the silver in a clean plastic bottle cap, used as a dish. I then placed one drop of the black into the silver, mixed it thoroughly with a toothpick, then used the silver brush to carefully apply the mixture to the rash repair. It dried really fast, and the instructions said to wait 30 minutes between coats. I didn't wait...never do with touch up paint, and it has always worked fine. I did around 6 very carefully controlled coats. And now, it looks great.

Given the variances of the Hypersilver paint process, your wheels may vary from mine, so you may have to experiment a bit with the mixture. But basically, it's lots of silver and a touch of black.

Sounds interesting. What grit sandpaper did you use? Do you have any pics?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
phreekeeG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like some people have had good luck with rustoleum silver metallic.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-car...19-wheels.html
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...e-painted.html
Old 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Tonewheel

Originally Posted by Shankster
Sounds interesting. What grit sandpaper did you use? Do you have any pics?
No pics yet. I'll try to post some.

Started with a 400 grit sandpaper, working my way up to a 2000 grit, finishing with a super fine wet sanding block for the final feathering. The key is to take your time!

Quick Reply: Paint Code - 19" Sport Wheels