G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery + Seat Bubble + Bad Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 PM
lenmacd11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY 2008 Loaded G37S has 12,000 miles on it, on second battery. So far, had 4 AAA battery boosts, 1 Infiniti roadside service boost. Took 2 weeks and several phone calls to get the 2nd battery. Likely only got it since I've bought 7 Infinitis.

I drive about 2.5 miles to my office, come home for lunch, use community gate opener, garage door opener, bluetooth phone, wireless key, auto headlights, satellite radio, etc, etc. The cheapo battery is a miscalculation by greedy execs.

You'd think think that someone over at Infiniti would put a higher quality battery in these cars and raise the price $50.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 AM
huyberz350gt

Originally Posted by djkymar
I have the same battery issue and I have the car only for 10 month. Im kinda affraid bring it to the dealer cuz i have subs and the power wire running of the battery, will it be a problem?
Thanks in advance
Im having the same issue. Anybody tried this yet?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 AM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lenmacd11
MY 2008 Loaded G37S has 12,000 miles on it, on second battery. So far, had 4 AAA battery boosts, 1 Infiniti roadside service boost. Took 2 weeks and several phone calls to get the 2nd battery. Likely only got it since I've bought 7 Infinitis.

I drive about 2.5 miles to my office, come home for lunch, use community gate opener, garage door opener, bluetooth phone, wireless key, auto headlights, satellite radio, etc, etc. The cheapo battery is a miscalculation by greedy execs.

You'd think think that someone over at Infiniti would put a higher quality battery in these cars and raise the price $50.
I don't think its just a battery issue. My car has had a new higher amp battery installed and still has the problem. Infiniti is aware of the issue (according to my dealership). They tell me there is something in the car that is not fully shutting down, which causes the battery to die fast. I have been dealing with it for over a year, basically carrying a jump pack in my car, so if it wont start when I need it to, I can just give it a boost. They claim that they are working on it, but I agree that its ridiculous for a 46K car to have to be jumped every day or 2 just to drive it. When I go in for my next oil change, I am going to drill them on this, because I am tired of dealing with it. Over a year of dealing with jumping a battery is a little bit ridiculous.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:57 AM
pwlorraine

Audi would provide loaner cars but had a finite number - when you called to schedule an appointment they would ask if you wanted a loaner or first available appt. Sometimes they could fit you in the same day if you didn't need a loaner. Wait for loaner appointments was typically 3-5 days. The dealer was always very nice - even outside of warrantee and would drive me to work, or wherever, if they didn't have a loaner. Once I got there and the loaner wouldn't start and they let me do the "day-long" demo - which actually lead to my buying a car for my wife.

I understood their limitations, that they were in business and loaner cars were in finite supply, but so long as I got courtesy, honesty, and consideration I was happy. My service manager moved to another Audi dealer and I moved with him just because I was pleased with the relationship. Some service managers get promoted up from other brands within the same dealer family - volkswagen, toyota or pontiac to Audi for example. Audi put a lot of effort into making sure you got a consistent dealer experience. If you go to a BMW or Mercedes dealer the experience is flawless -

Peter

Peter
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You all dont read very well. There is an emmission evap valve that is staying on that kills the battery. There has been a TSB issued for it. They will replace the valve and give you a brand new M battery.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
You all dont read very well. There is an emmission evap valve that is staying on that kills the battery. There has been a TSB issued for it. They will replace the valve and give you a brand new M battery.
TSB Number by chance?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 AM
mswistak14

this is encouraging because I have a test drive with Erin later today and I am also an Aggie, thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Lije Baley
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
I described my recent experience in the Technical Forum under the "electrics" sub-forum.

In short, new, larger battery and new sensor valve. BCM and ECM to be replaced. This should fix a recurring and annoying problem. Dead after five days of sitting. I'm glad Infiniti figured out the problem and it appears the fix is going to be thorough.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WHI is the worst dealer in Houston, SW is just barely better, I have no experience with CL, and Sewell (formerly NHI) is the best of the lot. Having done two group buys (4 cars in 05, 9 cars in 07) for people on this forum, I know from experience that WHI treats people like crap. Both the group buys were done at NHI and they were the only ones who would even make a deal. Now that Sewell has taken it over, their Service dept has stepped up their game, customer service is tops (havent bought a car since they became Sewell so dont know about their sales staff). Their parts guys are jerks though, they refused to order the sports muffler for me unless they could charge like a 500$ markup on it. I have had the battery problem and Sewell has changed my battery out for free twice and waiting for the BCM. A while back NHI put me in an enterprise rental when they did not have any loaners on hand.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
infiniti of annapolis

i have 6k miles on an 08 s coupe and scheduled for an oil change and battery issue. the give me a loaner on monday and i say to my tech that the trans whines when out of gear with the clutch out. i get a call late in the afternoon and i am told that they are replacing my battery with a higher cca battery that comes in the m. they are also changing out my trans and replacing my drivers seat cushion. i drive an ex35 for a week and get my car back with a perfect seat cushion, new trans, stronger battery and the evap module replaced. no questions asked, no extra charge and all with a smile.