G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery + Seat Bubble + Bad Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:13 AM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rusdude they should have brought the car to you but for service it may be a pain in the azz but they do have good service. Southwest Infiniti guys are A**holes. When I went to buy my G they didn't have very good customer service and were not willing to work with me. I live in Humble so it isn't that big of a deal for me to drive there.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:14 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by andromeda
So guys, is the battery covered under the warranty? I got mine last dec. and a week ago I worked on detailing the car in my garage. While I did that I listened to the music for a good few hours with the doors open. Next morning the car wouldn't start, had to jump start it. After reading this thread, I will give another start today as the car has been sitting in the garage for a week now.fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>
-A<O></O>
A few hours of stereo with doors open, etc. is more than enough to drain the battery - why do you think the battery is bad?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
vibrant_red_G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok since we're talking about the now infamous "battery issue" this is how Niello Infiniti in California had to do it. Battery kept dying on me and I had to call Infiniti roadside assistance to jump the car each time. The third time was when I was going to drive it into Niello to have them check it out. What I thought would be a fairly simple process of swapping out a dead battery for a new turned into a two day affair.

The service advisor asks me if I would like a loaner car and me thinking it's a straight forward issue says well how long will it be? A voice from an adjacent office (persumably the service manager) says no they will need the car to at least to 5:00. Ok I get the loaner car, plus a $10.00 charge for gas for the loaner. I call at about 3:00 to check the status and they said Infiniti requires that the battery be hooked up to a special diagnostic machine to see if the battery fails the test. The advisor says it did fail the test, but they didn't get the readout (apparently this is the first G37 to come into their dealership with this issue, which is surprsing to me) and they needed it as proof to Infiniti (for warranty work) and would have to rerun the test. The test takes 1.5 hours to run and he will give me a call back to let me know. The service advisor says it's related to a valve for the fuel line which is draining the battery.

5:00 roles around and I get a call from the service advisor stating that the battery passed the diagnostic test the second time, but says he wants to hold the car over night to rerun the test again (third time is a charm) and for me to hold onto the loaner car till the following day. I call the service advisor on the second day at 3:00 (no call from him during the day) and he tells me the test failed, they got the okey-dokey from Infiniti to replace the battery (they replaced it with a M battery instead of the G) and fixed the valve issue with the fuel line that drains the battery. I will only be charged for $10.00 for the first day of the loaner car and the rest is covered by the Infiniti warranty.

Basically this was a huge hassle with lots of red tape to correct an issue Infiniti is well aware of. Why Infiniti hasn't put out a service bulletin in regards to this issue is beyond me. Or if they have, my dealership was oblivious to it. All things considered everything turned out ok, but it was just added stress the day before Christmas!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by vibrant_red_G37
Ok since we're talking about the now infamous "battery issue" this is how Niello Infiniti in California had to do it. Battery kept dying on me and I had to call Infiniti roadside assistance to jump the car each time. The third time was when I was going to drive it into Niello to have them check it out. What I thought would be a fairly simple process of swapping out a dead battery for a new turned into a two day affair.

The service advisor asks me if I would like a loaner car and me thinking it's a straight forward issue says well how long will it be? A voice from an adjacent office (persumably the service manager) says no they will need the car to at least to 5:00. Ok I get the loaner car, plus a $10.00 charge for gas for the loaner. I call at about 3:00 to check the status and they said Infiniti requires that the battery be hooked up to a special diagnostic machine to see if the battery fails the test. The advisor says it did fail the test, but they didn't get the readout (apparently this is the first G37 to come into their dealership with this issue, which is surprsing to me) and they needed it as proof to Infiniti (for warranty work) and would have to rerun the test. The test takes 1.5 hours to run and he will give me a call back to let me know. The service advisor says it's related to a valve for the fuel line which is draining the battery.

5:00 roles around and I get a call from the service advisor stating that the battery passed the diagnostic test the second time, but says he wants to hold the car over night to rerun the test again (third time is a charm) and for me to hold onto the loaner car till the following day. I call the service advisor on the second day at 3:00 (no call from him during the day) and he tells me the test failed, they got the okey-dokey from Infiniti to replace the battery (they replaced it with a M battery instead of the G) and fixed the valve issue with the fuel line that drains the battery. I will only be charged for $10.00 for the first day of the loaner car and the rest is covered by the Infiniti warranty.

Basically this was a huge hassle with lots of red tape to correct an issue Infiniti is well aware of. Why Infiniti hasn't put out a service bulletin in regards to this issue is beyond me. Or if they have, my dealership was oblivious to it. All things considered everything turned out ok, but it was just added stress the day before Christmas!
Could you please elaborate on this valve in the fuel line causing the battery to die???
Old 12-28-2009, 06:39 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I brought my car in for some regular service the week before Christmas to my dealer Ray Brandt Infiniti in Metairie, LA and mentioned the battery issue. The tech noted my inquiry.

When I picked-up the car later in the day, I found out I was given a new battery under warranty. The tech said that there was some type of service bulletin that had been issued. Apparently, something in the electrical system was draining the battery at an accelerated rate.

I guess it's just a matter of which dealership you deal with.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What made you think Infiniti is aware of a known issue with this valve? It may just have been faulty which the diagnostics identified and they replaced. Do let us know what valve this is, I've had consistent problems with the battery loosing charge when left park for a week and finally replaced it today with an Optima Yellow-top since I'm betting our battery is just a POS. If this sucker dies however, I would like to save them some time if this is a known issue.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is almost my exact story except they could not get mine to fail while it was with them and I never wanted to leave it over night. I may have to do that next because it is feeling weak again.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
y3chen86

Niello Infiniti is where I got my G. Thanks for a heads up on this, in case I ever have to bring my car in for the battery issue.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
A few hours of stereo with doors open, etc. is more than enough to drain the battery - why do you think the battery is bad?
Didn't think the battery was really bad, just wondered if it's covered under warranty just in case. I have the Infiniti extended 7y/100k warranty.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BOXER83
Rusdude they should have brought the car to you but for service it may be a pain in the azz but they do have good service. Southwest Infiniti guys are A**holes. When I went to buy my G they didn't have very good customer service and were not willing to work with me. I live in Humble so it isn't that big of a deal for me to drive there.
+1 on sw infiniti. The people there dont kmow how to treat a customer. It was the first dealership i went to lookinh for a G and i felt belittled by the salesman just because i walked in with jeans sneakers and a jacket. They
looked at me as if i wasnt suppose to be going into those kinds of dealerships.

Currently working on a deal with sewell
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 PM
vibrant_red_G37

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Could you please elaborate on this valve in the fuel line causing the battery to die???
This is from my invoice verbatim: "Vent valve draw replaced with updated vent and battery." Sorry nothing more. The service advisor also said the reason why they used the M battery was for a higher amperage.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

pulled into a gas station and left the G in ignition mode with music running at a very low volume. After filling about 8 gallons I tried to start and it failed to crank all the way to a start. Battery was dead in just 3 minutes

I had to wait for 10 minutes before retrying and it just barely made it...

another trip to a dealership I guess
Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 AM
cash-c

i like how you pulled the forum card....always bring them to their knees.haha
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My battery has been cranking slow with this colder weather but its hanging in there. No non-starts yet...
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 PM
djkymar

I have the same battery issue and I have the car only for 10 month. Im kinda affraid bring it to the dealer cuz i have subs and the power wire running of the battery, will it be a problem?
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Dead Battery + Seat Bubble + Bad Service