Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dead Battery + Seat Bubble + Bad Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G4me
West Houston Infiniti's service & sales is much worse than when I bought my 1st Infiniti, an '04 sedan. They will not get my business again and after the two years free service is up it's cya later.
Sorry off topic, but I totally agree with you on this. The salesman was nice at first but he got rude and everything once we started to talk about price. He refused to give the 2K incentive and gave a run around when I told him to check out Edmunds website. He said "What is this website?" . I just walked off. Never go there for anything although my work place is like 1 mile from it.

Do you notice the dealer looks dark and dull at night, unlike the Nissan dealer right next to it?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I had the same dead battery problem last week.
Had to pay $25 for a new battery though.
I can understand about making an appointment to get a loaner. My dealer has customer shuttle vans for their Nissan customers. They can probably use that if I was in the same boat as you.

A bit off topic but could you post pics of the seat bubble issue??
Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading this thread, I think I will drop by this or next week to take care of my battery and seat bubble as well. Infiniti of
Tustin,CA seems pretty cool. Have never gave me any problems. Changed my brakes and dashboard cover with now questions asked. Dashboard where the gauges were, was starting to peel out during the heat wave several months ago. Also mention the battery. He said if I complain abt the battery for the third time, they will replace it with a higher amperage one. The first time, the battery was replaced with like for like.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Well made my appt for today, and guess what, no loaner car. Now having issues for them to replace the bubble seat bottom and they are still testing the battery issue. It may have to do some thing with lo-jack. I gave infinit of Tustin too much credit.
Does any one have any written justification for the bubble seat bottoms that may help my case?
Old 12-10-2009, 03:40 AM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fmrlegend
Well made my appt for today, and guess what, no loaner car. Now having issues for them to replace the bubble seat bottom and they are still testing the battery issue. It may have to do some thing with lo-jack. I gave infinit of Tustin too much credit.
Does any one have any written justification for the bubble seat bottoms that may help my case?
I had my seat bubble re-wrapped (not replaced) by them no questions asked. But it was only a month into owning the car. Sure enough, the issue came back after another 3 months. I don't want to bother anymore.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xyz
I had my seat bubble re-wrapped (not replaced) by them no questions asked. But it was only a month into owning the car. Sure enough, the issue came back after another 3 months. I don't want to bother anymore.

My bubble was re-wrapped about 1 year into my ownership. Its back now and looks worse than it did before- the leather is crooked and looks like crap. In the process of re-wrapping my seat, they had to take the seat out obviously, they hit the center console, steering wheel, and plastic trim piece by the kick plates and took giant gashes of plastic/leather out of each and tried to give the car back to me that way.

Took the car back and they looked at it in horror and tried to cover up for their mistakes. Left the car there for a few more days so they could fix it. Got back later in the week and all was good until I tried to start the car once I got home. The orange "Key" light came on and there was a failure with the interlock system and the car wouldn't start. Come to find out, they forgot to plug something in under the seat, so the car wouldn't start. 3 trips for a simple fix is absolutely ridiculous.

I am not going to complain about the seat again- I don't want to go through that all again. I'm still working on the battery issue with not much luck...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

I guess I'm not going to change out my leather but will let them know that have done it in the past. My issue now is the battery and also my seat makes a clicking noise every time making a turn or stop. Not major.but very anoying. They are looking into that. Thy don't have a tech that is 200+lbs to dplicate the problem. Hmmm
Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

The dealer replaced with an updated valve assembly. That was the assumed culprit that was drawing the battery. They also changed to a bigger amperage battery. Clicking on the seat couldn't be duplicated. I guess I'm happy overall.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Rusdude

Wow, I just bought a G37 sedan and I guess West Infiniti's customer service is not a whole lot better than their sales (admittedly, it was better than SW or CL). Wish Infiniti dealers were more centrally located down here. Had to drive 30+ miles to pick up the car from Sewell.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
nogoodname
Banned

everyone should just has Nissan CS affairs on their cell... when they start acting up.. just say i have a phone call to make and call Nissan with them staring at you...
Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 PM
BOXER83

Dr. Jones next time you should take it to Sewell Infiniti, they have great customer service and will give you a loaner car. They also know what known problems they have had with these cars and can relate to the problem. That is where I take my car.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 PM
BOXER83

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
I guess I'm not going to change out my leather but will let them know that have done it in the past. My issue now is the battery and also my seat makes a clicking noise every time making a turn or stop. Not major.but very anoying. They are looking into that. Thy don't have a tech that is 200+lbs to dplicate the problem. Hmmm
Of coarse they don't have a tech that is 200+ because they would have hands to big to work on the car. The engine compartment is really small. You should get your service advisor to ride in it.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:21 PM
BOXER83

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Wow, I just bought a G37 sedan and I guess West Infiniti's customer service is not a whole lot better than their sales (admittedly, it was better than SW or CL). Wish Infiniti dealers were more centrally located down here. Had to drive 30+ miles to pick up the car from Sewell.
You should have bought your car from Sewell. Thet sales lady name is Erin Guindy and she will help you out alot. I got free tint and my rim had a scuff so she also got that fixed. They great people working there. Customer Service is also pretty good.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 AM
andromeda

Battery....

So guys, is the battery covered under the warranty? I got mine last dec. and a week ago I worked on detailing the car in my garage. While I did that I listened to the music for a good few hours with the doors open. Next morning the car wouldn't start, had to jump start it. After reading this thread, I will give another start today as the car has been sitting in the garage for a week now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
-A<o></o>
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Rusdude

Originally Posted by BOXER83
You should have bought your car from Sewell. Thet sales lady name is Erin Guindy and she will help you out alot. I got free tint and my rim had a scuff so she also got that fixed. They great people working there. Customer Service is also pretty good.
I guess, my last sentence wasn' clear enough - I said that I had to drive over 30 mi to pick up the car from Sewell and it'd be nice if I didn't have to do that for service and could take it to a dealership that's closer (Southwest Infiniti, in my case).

P.S. I can also attest that Erin GUNDY is a top-notch sales person I'd start an Erin Gundy fan club, but she's an Aggie

Quick Reply: Dead Battery + Seat Bubble + Bad Service