Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R.i.p / or get well soon poor g!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R.i.p / or get well soon poor g!!!

So about 2 days ago my car started turning on weird, following by some weird noise... took it to a near by shop (couldnt take it to infiniti they would void my warrenty) they told me u have nothin to worry about u got a little water in ur tank...... of i drive had to drive about 25 miles from my house when all of a sudden at a red light my car starts smoking from under the hood..... i pull over, shut off the car open the hood and i see my anti freeze boiling.. call my dad telling him the spot im in, and that my car doesnt start...after some time i started the car and went home, about 3 hours later i decided to go check out the car drove it to the shop about half a mile away from me. the started fine drove fine and everything came to the shop he told me just refill the anti freeze and ull be fine, i knew they were total ****ssss!..left the shop mad as soon as i get out my car starts smoking twice as much as before and just dies and wont start.... put it in N and started to park it by hand . parked it on the meter now waiting til tom to put on my oem exhaust and cats......question i also have is do i need to throw on the oem exhaust to keep my warrenty or will they void it with the exhaust?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:13 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
They will not void it for exhaust!!! Lol it did not cause the problem did it? Ok so it has nothing to do with your car smoking
Old 11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Dimitry6

i dont know wat caused anything i was driving like a granny for the past 3 weeks....so i dont know whats going on or what it could be but dont wonna risk it to have my warrenty void and my tranny is acting up lol
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Rules are if the part did not cause the problem theycant void your warranty, I never heard of a cat or exhaust causing engine failure!!! Maybe if you had a cold air intake and sucked up water then yes voided warranty , or if you lower your car and blow a shock then void suspension waranty !!!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Dimitry6

all i have is exhaust and test pipes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess u dont want the lip anymore lmao
Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
what will void the warranty is if the after-market parts caused the malfunction. so if it's an engine/transmission problem, I sincerely doubt they could claim that it was the exhaust.

HOWEVER, there have been cases of crazy dealers on here, so just try and check to see if the dealership you go to is mentioned on here -- that's what I would do at least
Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Removal of the stock cat is grounds for warranty claim denial.

Removing your stock cat and putting on HFCs is enough to give you a CEL. Have you thought about why that CEL is there?

A Cat-back will not void your warranty; HFCs and test pipes can, depending on the problem you have.

@ OP: I recommend you put on the stock cat. Use fresh gaskets and new bolts. Be very careful to make sure the bolts look fresh after they are put on. Test pipes generally require you to get a tune, as you'll be leaning out due to increased flow. The car already runs fairly lean from the factory.

Hopefully your problem is something unrelated, and something simple.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Dimitry6

Originally Posted by Mike
Removal of the stock cat is grounds for warranty claim denial.

Removing your stock cat and putting on HFCs is enough to give you a CEL. Have you thought about why that CEL is there?

A Cat-back will not void your warranty; HFCs and test pipes can, depending on the problem you have.

@ OP: I recommend you put on the stock cat. Use fresh gaskets and new bolts. Be very careful to make sure the bolts look fresh after they are put on. Test pipes generally require you to get a tune, as you'll be leaning out due to increased flow. The car already runs fairly lean from the factory.

Hopefully your problem is something unrelated, and something simple.
The prob deff isnt Simple, also i dont have a cel light with my test pipes FI test pipes have the o2 Sensor slot so i dont get any lights =]
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
flagrant

They will ANY reason to void your warranty be very careful!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Good luck getting this fixed and keep us posted please. Id keep my exhaust parts
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
they can blame the test pipes to cause overheating sending the wrong signal to the ECU.... no CELs?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you at? I know you were down in Florida not to long ago. FYI if you can get the car down here I will take care of it. IF you take it to the dealer somewhere else and they flag your account there is nothing I can do.

I can have a few guys back my statement on this forum that Ive taken care of them through my hook but once your in that system, their is nothing they can do. I would take it back to stock completely