G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How is the pull of the G37 coupe 7AT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
G4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compared to the 04 Civic it will feel like a rocket ship.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Will3212

Originally Posted by Skyline73
Cars are built so solid today its hard to feel that pull ur talking about. I think the best way to feel the G forces in a car are 2 ways. Open tops cuz ur not enclosed in a enviorment and G forces will peak effecting ur body. ( I personally hate the look of convertibles)
The next way is a turbo. And when I say turbo I don't mean 2 low-mid range turbos
I mean 20psi+ boosts... this is really the only way to get that chest caving in head thrown back feeling. Oh and lastly. 1000 non aspirated horses. Don't kno where to get that though. Lol
One thing is a promise. 330 hp vs 120hp. Ur gonna feel the difference regardless. But its possible in a small car with crappy suspension like a civic u might feel like ur going faster. U get that effect better in small compact cars. But the overall package. U come out winning in a G.
I would test drive the Z, G, evo and wrx sti and make my decision from there.
Feature wise those cars won't compare. But they sound more like the driving experience ur looking for. 11k will get u 2 turbos in a G. U can wind up the boost and get that feeling u want too. But its gonna cost $$$$
so you think maybe a convertible is more for me? i want to feel the g forces when i'm driving. Like me being thrown around, thrown back, and stuff like that. now i'm thinking the 335i or the convertible 370z or convert. g37 is more for me
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to feel EVERYTHING when your driving stop looking at infiniti. Get an sti or evo if you want all that. Sounds like you want a turbo anyway.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
js3350z

The Infiniti is pretty smooth in its delivery of power, so it doesn't really feel like its that quick, but once you get that motor into the powerband it will get you moving pretty good...

I was cruising right around 70 mph, downshifted to 3rd which was just about 5,000rpm (right near where the motor finally starts churning out some power) floored it for a couple seconds, shifted to fourth looked down after a couple seconds and was doing roughly 120mph... This impressed me, seeings as the car doesn't really feel that strong while cruising around town, but when you drive aggressively it really steps up.

**Just putting it out there...the above happened on a closed course, not public roadways.**
Old 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
so you think maybe a convertible is more for me? i want to feel the g forces when i'm driving
What does being convertible have to do with anything? You're confusing Air Resistance with G-Force

There are two kinds of G-Force you feel from driving, one generated from hard braking/accelaration and another generated from hard cornering! (Well there's a third one, but that's if you ever go airbourne lol)

Originally Posted by Will3212
Like me being thrown around, thrown back, and stuff like that.
So you want a car to be able to have sex in?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
BOXER83

Ok you will feel the pull if you are in 1st, or 2nd and push the pedal 80%, it will push your head back a little. I'm mean it not NOS or and thing like that and going from a Honda Civic front wheel drive, 129hp and not a very good suspension you will feel it. At high speeds once you down shift it will pick up speeds very smooth that is what Infiniti is know from. You will love the car. BMW is nice but has forced induction and barely runs with the G37. Put forced induction on a G and you will run with super cars. G FTW.!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
y3chen86

I came from a 96 Accord. The first time I test drove the car, I felt like I was in a rocket ship. I didn't even push the car past 5k RPM because it scared the **** out of me. After that, I knew I had to have it.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
mindonmatter

Originally Posted by Skyline73
I think the best way to feel the G forces in a car are 2 ways. Open tops cuz ur not enclosed in a enviorment and G forces will peak effecting ur body. ( I personally hate the look of convertibles)
Uhhh...what...huh??
I hereby nominate you for dumbest comment of the week.

To the original poster,
Do not listen to this guy. Do NOT buy a convertible thinking you will feel more G's.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Uhhh...what...huh??
I hereby nominate you for dumbest comment of the week.

To the original poster,
Do not listen to this guy. Do NOT buy a convertible thinking you will feel more G's.
OK... We will cut his A LITTLE slack since he is relatively new..

But I agree- OP, dont buy a convertible thinking you will feel mor eG force... In fact you will feel less in it as it is heavier and has slightly less power.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
focker

Originally Posted by rehtea
what are y'all talking about?! I own a 2009 G37x 7AT sedan, and you feel the pull, even at only 20% more pedal. It downshifts instantly, and continue to pull strongly as revs build. The most fun is to stomp on the gas from a complete stop. Press the pedal *fast* at maybe 40%. First time I tried it, the back of my head literally banged against the head rest. I was surprised, wasn't expecting such an instant response. The car response is so sharp and quick that I haven't felt the need to rev above 5000rpm yet, maybe never will.
Serious, Clark? I have the X coupe, and have never felt any jerk, unless VDC is off and i'm in manual mode.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
demuslee

I love my 7AT. As someone posted, you really feel the torque in the lower gears. My wife was trying to reach for the AC controls from the passenger seat while I was accelerating hardish (5500rpms) and she couldnt reach the ***** because of the force. Other people posted here that turbos do have a better 'punch' ... I agree. A friend has the Mazdaspeed 3 with the tubo engine with a lower HP rating and slightly higher torque and I definately feel the punch a lot more when I drive his car with that 'whiplash' effect. The G still outruns his car though. Best advice ... test drive all the cars then make up your mind ... everyone has their own taste. Good luck !
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're looking for a car with torque and affordable price tag, get a Camaro V8. Since you said you wanted a 335i feeling without eating your entire wallet, I'd start there.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:26 PM
dpadman

One of my other vehicles is a Mercedes 300D (diesel) with only about 70hp. When I drive the G, it feels like it pulls really hard. However, after I drive my 500e, it doesn't pull THAT hard. LOL.

To the OP, since you are used to your Honda, you are going to love the G.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:43 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
haha coming from a 140 hp car, the G37 felt like it pulled pretty hard during my test drive. I also test drove a 09 STI, and that thing definitely felt like it pulled harder than the G37. It was a bit too jerky for me, but that thing was fast as hell.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
beerme986

why do people keep comparing turbo cars to non aspirated cars. of course the STI will pull harder when the turbo spools

Quick Reply: How is the pull of the G37 coupe 7AT?