Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

<Rattle><Groan><Squeak>

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vibrant_red_G37
Well my G is almost 1.5 years old and only 11k miles and the things sounds like a perverbial trash dumpster lid being opened and closed. I now have an annoying squeak from the dashboard area that has developed over the last few days and the on-going rattle from the sunroof area that the dealer has yet to find/fix.

I am really disappointed by the "quality" that Infiniti has put into this product of theirs. They claim to be on the level of Lexus or BMW, but honestly guys if my car is any indication of their standard production quality it is far from those prestigous marques.

People always rag on American quality, but I persoanlly owned a GMC Jimmy that lasted ten years that NEVER had the noise for rattles et al that this $42,000.00 car has. Would I recommend this car to a family member or friend? Well maybe, if they put the engine in a Lexus quality body.

Sorry for the rant, but this really is something I would have never thought would have been an issue. I plan on writing a letter to Infiniti detailing the things I have outlined here.
Are you friggin kidding me?!?! A GMC Jimmy? I used to have a Chevy Blazer (same thing) and that thing rattled and squeakd when parked!!! Hell, there were so many rattles and squeaks nobody would have been able to identify one single one or where it was coming from (everywhere). I'm sure you're a little disappointed in rattles in your $40k car but come on, don't compare the G37 to a GMC Jimmy for God's sakes....
Old 11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by blackfunk
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. This car has way too many rattles for any luxury vehicle. I was able to get the headliner rattle resolved a couple of months ago now for the last couple of weeks or so I’ve been getting an intermittent tapping sound – like a pebble hitting the glass in a short sharp way (twack, twack). Happens whenever the chassis flexes which to me seems like a design flaw.
This sounds like the windshield popping problem (I have it too). I think the Service Advisors are aware of it and how to fix it though...
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
vibrant_red_G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Are you friggin kidding me?!?! A GMC Jimmy? I used to have a Chevy Blazer (same thing) and that thing rattled and squeakd when parked!!! Hell, there were so many rattles and squeaks nobody would have been able to identify one single one or where it was coming from (everywhere). I'm sure you're a little disappointed in rattles in your $40k car but come on, don't compare the G37 to a GMC Jimmy for God's sakes....
Friend, you are obviously missing the point here. I would think Infiniti that aspires to be the luxury car division of Nissan and hopes to be in the best of company with some of the finest automobiles in the world, can never be with quality control issues, that I and many other people have complained about. I would put GMC (and in your case Chevy) in a completely different level of quality than what Infiniti SHOULD be. My standard of a $25k car vs. $42k is stricter. Perhaps your Blazer was loud, it's a Chevy, not a luxury car. But you are right, I am more than a little disappointed in what I consider to be an expensive car.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Coupe Daddy

Originally Posted by vibrant_red_G37
Friend, you are obviously missing the point here. I would think Infiniti that aspires to be the luxury car division of Nissan and hopes to be in the best of company with some of the finest automobiles in the world, can never be with quality control issues, that I and many other people have complained about. I would put GMC (and in your case Chevy) in a completely different level of quality than what Infiniti SHOULD be. My standard of a $25k car vs. $42k is stricter. Perhaps your Blazer was loud, it's a Chevy, not a luxury car. But you are right, I am more than a little disappointed in what I consider to be an expensive car.
Easy, easy... Let's not modestly bash each other because of the way we feel about issues we have with a vehicle neither of us built. You are entitled to believe that an Infiniti should be higher in quality than a GM. Afterall, no one wants to have to explain to their passenger why their Infiniti squeaks or rattles or makes any noise other than what it is supposed to. I've owned, driven and rode in other luxury brand vehicles (even Lexuses and Benzes) and they all have their fair share of problems. Does "stuck accelerator" ring a bell?Don't get me started on BMW. Also, for the most part of the 90's Mercedes' quality was very poor. You think $42K is a lot? Think $70 - $100K (ala S Class). At the end of the day all cars are mechanical things, nothing more. Luxury is perceived and should be taken with a grain of salt. This little issue we are dealing with is minor and does not taint my opinion about Infiniti at all.

BTW, the GMC Jimmy was a piece o' crap at inception.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
iinviktus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bocatrip
It's unfortunate that Infiniti has still not been able to address the poor fit and finish and general quality control of the G's interiors after all this time. One of the biggest complaints of the early G35 interiors were rattles and I am still reading about them to this day. I don't see the same problems with the M which is a different platform. Regardless, it's unacceptable for our cars. This is one of the reasons I will not buy another G35/37. It's a great car not counting these issues and tires.
I agree. My G rattled and squealed like a bag of cats. I could not believe a 45k car could do that.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM
flagrant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no problems at all 23,000 miles