Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I picked up my new G wed and today some crashed into me

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:30 AM
flagrant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up my new G wed and today some crashed into me

This is 2ns accident in 3 weeks, the first was my 09 g37s some girl tried to make an illegal left turn on halloween and we went head on doin 50 mph.. needless to say that car was totaled! that car was my baby...
So i picked up my brand new 09 g37s wed night, Same exact the way i had it blk on blk but this time i got the 6mt, loved it the one day i had it lol..... And today im at a dead stop waiting to turn into parking lot and some 19yr old kidd slams into the back of me, Another trip to the hospital more x rays an cat scan! the best part the kidd says to me, "my brakes didnt work" I wanted to slap the **** outta him, He didnt even say he was sorry lil ****....Kidds car was new dont tell me your brakes didnt work. Maybe you were driving to fast to stop! I never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life! Here i am AGAIN without my G! The car will never ride the same and i stuck with this thing for 3 yrs... Theres no way they will total it! bags didnt even deploy! Im still shocked this kid didnt say he was sorrY!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:36 AM
nestle_!9

wow! such luck ha? i hope you are okei
Old 11-14-2009, 01:13 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow....yeah that's terrible rotten luck. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you'll make a quick recovery and so will your G. Hope the repairs go well.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:01 AM
sbmwg37s

I feel sorry to hear this. Some people really are more unlucky than others..

one of my friends driving a IS350 got hit at least 4 times, and two of them were just hit and run.
One was hit by a newspaper boy, but he didn't have any evidence, so he had to pay his deductible.
And, he bought his car just 8 months ago.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 AM
kushBLAZER84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about your accidents bro, just look at the bright side I guess and thank god your alive and not hurt too bad. Just reading your story about the 19y/o kid who read-ended you get my blood boiling also. If that would have been me in your shoes I know for a fact I would have lost it. Not really because of the car but mostly how you described the kid's attitude about the situation. Stupid kid couldn't even own up to his mistake and tries to make a excuse. Even if his brakes did not work, I'm sure his car had emergency brakes also.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Switch

Originally Posted by flagrant
This is 2ns accident in 3 weeks, the first was my 09 g37s some girl tried to make an illegal left turn on halloween and we went head on doin 50 mph.. needless to say that car was totaled! that car was my baby...
So i picked up my brand new 09 g37s wed night, Same exact the way i had it blk on blk but this time i got the 6mt, loved it the one day i had it lol..... And today im at a dead stop waiting to turn into parking lot and some 19yr old kidd slams into the back of me, Another trip to the hospital more x rays an cat scan! the best part the kidd says to me, "my brakes didnt work" I wanted to slap the **** outta him, He didnt even say he was sorry lil ****....Kidds car was new dont tell me your brakes didnt work. Maybe you were driving to fast to stop! I never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life! Here i am AGAIN without my G! The car will never ride the same and i stuck with this thing for 3 yrs... Theres no way they will total it! bags didnt even deploy! Im still shocked this kid didnt say he was sorrY!!!
First, I'd talk to Infiniti. Describe what happen and see if they will work with you.
Next,
I would just 'talk to' an attorney. See what you options are, if any.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:04 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It sounds like you are OK - that is the most important part. A car can be replaced a life can not.

Assuming yor need another car because this one is totaled, may I suggest not getting another black car.

You need some of these to make you feel better -->
Old 11-15-2009, 02:51 AM
y3chen86

Maybe it's a sign from a greater power to get a different color...
Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Just make sure your insurance pays out for diminished value.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 AM
flagrant

What do you mean by : pay out for diminshed value"?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
js3350z

Your car will not fetch as much when you trade/sell it, since the accident will be on the record. make sure you get paid for the "estimated" loss in value from it being involved in this.

well, make the other persons insurance pay for it. since he hit you...
Old 11-15-2009, 11:52 AM
lakerschamp2000

Originally Posted by Mike
Just make sure your insurance pays out for diminished value.
they will not compensate for the value lost.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
flagrant

Honestl i wish i could just take it back! and get a brand new one, only good thing its a lease!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:32 PM
js3350z

I wonder how it works on a lease if you are in an accident, does infiniti look for more money out of you since it diminished their resale value of it?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I beg to differ. Insurance will tell you a lot of things, including giving you as little as possible. Remember, anything they offer you is just that: an offer. It is no different from negotiating a price on a new or used car.

I've done it before, and I will do it again. Force them to hire a third party appraisal company that will do a market analysis.

When my G was totalled out, I was initially offered a fix on a framed car. I then proceeded to call three Infiniti dealerships, and asked for an appraisal over the phone with three different used car managers, and told them up front that my car had frame damage. I asked them to give me two offers: one for a "normal" car, and one for my frame damaged car. I forwarded the three appraisals to the insurance company, and said they can either 1. total out the car, or 2. repair the car and give me the difference between current market value and my car's diminished value.

At this point, they offered to hire a 3rd party appraiser to determine the market value of my car, as they were going to total out the car; obviously, it was not worth it for them to pay out diminished value on a nearly new car. It is a LOT. The 3rd party company did this:

1. They got all the information on my car. This includes options, features we consider standard, packages, tire tread remaining, mechanical condition, service records, color, etc. Give them every single detail, no matter how small or irrelevant you think it is.
2. They got my address.
3. They got the CURRENT listings for the closest 40 G's to my address. They go by advertised price, so higher prices worked in my favor; most of the listed cars were from dealers, but the highest priced cars were by private parties which were also counted.
4. they apply an adjustment for options and miles on the car. They did not account for condition, as the car was "too new" for it to be anything less than "excellent". The correction in my case considered coupes to be roughly worth 3700 more than sedans across the board.
5. They presented both myself and the insurance company with the average.

At this point, Insurance offered me that average figure + tax (on that average figure) + the prorated registration fee for the car (from the date of the accident to when it expired).

All in all, the 3rd party firm offered me a copy of the report which I accepted. It was close to 90 pages.

The entire process took roughly 5 weeks from date of accident to receiving a check via overnight fedex. This was me vs the insurance company of the guy that rear ended me. I did seek some legal advice from my lawyer, but he just guided me in what to do, and said I didn't really need his help.

I hope this helps you. The first guy I spoke with after the initial estimate flat out said "we're fixing the car". His supervisor told me "its not frame damage. Cars don't have frames now. They have unibodies.". However, as I got higher up the food chain, people were easier and easier to work with. Remember, the bottom of the food chain guys are paid bonuses for costing the company less money, while higher-ups generally do not. YMMV.

Last edited by Mike; 11-15-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: I picked up my new G wed and today some crashed into me