G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I picked up my new G wed and today some crashed into me

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Hoodoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, good info. To the OP, wow what rotten luck. Hope it all goes well trying to fix or get another car.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike is a walking encyclopedia. hahaha
Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
flagrant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey mike thanks for the info, was your car a lease? Im thinking as long as my car is repaired the right way, they take the car back at the end of lease either way.. Thats fine then i just get 2012 lol
Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
B767drvr

Originally Posted by flagrant
This is 2ns accident in 3 weeks, the first was my 09 g37s some girl tried to make an illegal left turn on halloween and we went head on doin 50 mph.. needless to say that car was totaled! that car was my baby...
/QUOTE]
QUOTE=flagrant;2802268]This is 2ns accident in 3 weeks, the first was my 09 g37s some girl tried to make an illegal left turn on halloween and we went head on doin 50 mph.. needless to say that car was totaled! that car was my baby...
So she made an illegal turn in front of you and you weren't able to compensate? Do you have any track time?

Hmm... then shortly thereafter you're in ANOTHER "accident"? I'm fairly certain if we reconstruct each of these "accidents" we'd find that another more "defensive" driver might have avoided a collision?

Hey, it's YOUR insurance rates... so be as assertive as you'd like!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 PM
flagrant

Actually she went to make an illegal left turn and I tried to go to the left to avoid her, then she changed her mind again and came back straight, I would have cleared her until she tried to to comeback straight, I had NO CHANCE to more to the left, i would have gone into oncomng traffic.... At that point i was already commited and couldnt go to the right!! If id known some jerkoff was gonna pick apart my story i would have gone into more detail for you.... and the 2nd time i was at a dead stop at a light, and some kidd with no control over his car slammed into me.... So reconstruct whatever you like, lemme see what you can avoid while doing 50 with 2-3 sec to make a counter move ...BIG GUY>>> Already spoke to my broker and my insurance will go up a lil bit im sure, But i pay next nothing now! So what can do! Hope you enjoy driving a car you dislike....

Last edited by flagrant; 11-15-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: to correct a fact
Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 AM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Isn't diminished value dependant on the state? I thought some states do not allow for diminished value.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Ababe

It does depend on the State. It also depends on who is paying for it. Your insurance carrier or the other person's. AND it can also depend on whether you are using collision coverage or uninsured motorist coverage . . . .once again, it depends on where you are.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM
SnoopDawg

OP, sorry about your luck, I feel your pain, I just had my 8 month old 09 totaled last month and am still waiting for my replacement to come in (hopefully next week based on what the dealer is telling me).

Not sure how your first settlement worked out but as another poster put it, the ins. co. first offer is just that, an offer, you can negotiate as long as you have some research to back up your claim and time to put into putting your "case" together. A couple of extra weeks of going back and forth with them and some time spent on the web got me over 6K more on my final settlement.

Google can work some miracles when looking for info on state laws/statues regarding diminished value, or what other people in your state are doing.

I have no idea how this would apply to a lease, but I'd ask your dealer.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
flagrant

Originally Posted by SnoopDawg
OP, sorry about your luck, I feel your pain, I just had my 8 month old 09 totaled last month and am still waiting for my replacement to come in (hopefully next week based on what the dealer is telling me).

Not sure how your first settlement worked out but as another poster put it, the ins. co. first offer is just that, an offer, you can negotiate as long as you have some research to back up your claim and time to put into putting your "case" together. A couple of extra weeks of going back and forth with them and some time spent on the web got me over 6K more on my final settlement.

Google can work some miracles when looking for info on state laws/statues regarding diminished value, or what other people in your state are doing.

I have no idea how this would apply to a lease, but I'd ask your dealer.

Thats funny because i didnt even get an offer they called my bank to see what was owed on the lease, And then i got a call saying the call was satisfied, WOW i wish i knew that cause i lost money on my deal, not knowing all this info! Its already done or id i start raising hell! Thank you for your time n info
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is horrible to hear man. I really hope you are ok
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

damn bro sorry to hear, maybe time to sue some people and grab yourself a m3 or something? lol
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
DrJones

Dang OP... sorry to hear about this.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
That's just crazy! 2 New Cars man?!?!... you have bad luck!

I have to say... if it was me ...the second crash would of had me arrested.
Not that violence is a solution... just would make me feel better.