Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Dealer Sucks...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dealer Sucks...need advice

I took my car (08 G37s) to the dealer (Infiniti of Manhasset) yesterday becuase of this annoying squeak/rattle coming from the instrument cluster area every time I go over a small bump.
Got it back last night and they said they took the cowl off, installed felt tape, road tested it and the squeak is gone...
Left the dealership and not only is the squeak still there but it might even be worse! Also, when they reinstalled the cowl behind the steering wheel it doesnt look like the did it right. It sticks out a bit on the left side and there are gaps where there werent any. There was also a small and very light grease stain on the A pillar cover but I was able to get it off.
I want to call them and take it back but I know the same jackass mechanic is going to work on it and probably F it up more. Can I take it to another dealer or will they not want to deal with it?

I should have just fixed it myself but I dont have the time and figured the car is under warranty so they should fix it.
I knew this would happen though...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 AM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't know if squeak/rattle is a known issue or not, but if the car is under warranty and making these sounds and it's obvious they(you can and dealer) can hear it, they should try to resolve it.

I think that in any dealership there are good mechanic and some bad ones. The person who tried to resolve your squeak probably didn't get paid jack under warranty work.
My brother used to work for dealership and I hear stories like taking apart the whole dashboard taking several hours and getting only paid for like 1/2 an hour because that's how warranty program works. So I say don't be too quick to judge. For we all know he could have spent hours on your car.

I say take your car and let them try to resolve it once more. Before picking up 2nd time, test drive it first and if you need to also with service manager to make sure all working order before driving it back home.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by test007
I don't know if squeak/rattle is a known issue or not, but if the car is under warranty and making these sounds and it's obvious they(you can and dealer) can hear it, they should try to resolve it.

I think that in any dealership there are good mechanic and some bad ones. The person who tried to resolve your squeak probably didn't get paid jack under warranty work.
My brother used to work for dealership and I hear stories like taking apart the whole dashboard taking several hours and getting only paid for like 1/2 an hour because that's how warranty program works. So I say don't be too quick to judge. For we all know he could have spent hours on your car.

I say take your car and let them try to resolve it once more. Before picking up 2nd time, test drive it first and if you need to also with service manager to make sure all working order before driving it back home.

I have a friend who was a dealer mechanic so I know they dont get paid well for warranty work. My friend also told me that if their work gets sent back...they dont get paid to fix it again so they're under even more of a time crunch and they rush to get it done. Thats why I didnt want to bring it to them in the first place. I knew they would screw it up because they just want to get the job done as quick as possible.
You're right... I shouldnt judge them for not fixing the car properly the first time but there is no excuse for getting grease stains in my car and reinstalling the cowl incorrectly.
I'd like to just take it to another dealership so another mechanic will get the car and hopefully he'll be more competent.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
I'm from long island too. I take my car to Infiniti of massapequa they do all their stuff right.