Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5 Things About the G You Like / Dislike the Most

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Coupe Daddy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ice350
Doesn't have the same prestige as Lexus either....if that matters. Not that far behind though.
It's just that everytime I tell someone I am going to get rid of my GS350 to get the G37, people say I'm crazy. My wife really needles me hard about it. I tell people I want more of a "drivers" car that is a coupe but people think it's silly to downgrade. I don't see it that way but everyone has an opinion.
Toyota does a superb job at creating the presige buzz for the Lexus brand, but I think you have the right idea, and it's far from a downgrade. Your friends are buyin' what Lexus is sellin'. Just remind them that, unlike the Germans, all of the Japanese Luxury brands have parent companies that are non-luxury brands; and Lexus is one of them. No different, therefore not "downgrade". That's more lateral. Not be be a badge ***** myself, but going to a non-luxury brand would be more of a downgrade, but even then a crap load of non-luxury cars come equally equipped with everything that luxury cars are equipped with, so you have to define "luxury" for yourself.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
gamer2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ice350
Doesn't have the same prestige as Lexus either....if that matters. Not that far behind though.
It's just that everytime I tell someone I am going to get rid of my GS350 to get the G37, people say I'm crazy. My wife really needles me hard about it. I tell people I want more of a "drivers" car that is a coupe but people think it's silly to downgrade. I don't see it that way but everyone has an opinion.
I agree that Infiniti does not yet have the brand respect that Lexus gets. However that being said, any real gearhead will know that a G37 is most certainly an upgrade over a GS350 when it comes to being a driver's car... it's a totally different segment. When considering models of the same sporty entry-lux teritorry, I really enjoy Lexus' IS cars for their luxury and reliability. In terms of driving dynamics and performance though, they are completely outclassed by the Infiniti G and BMW 3-series.

Last edited by gamer2k; 10-21-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:54 AM
cesG37

Originally Posted by Coupe Daddy
The title says it all. What do you think? Here are mine.

Dislike
1. Cheap gas cap door
2. Wheels too easily scratched
3. Driver-side blind spot
4. Seat heaters are lame
5. Faux grills in the front bumper
Heres what I have to say bout your dislikes.....

1. Cheap gas cap door. Really?! When the thing you dislike most is that, the car is pretty damn good.

2. Wheels to easily scratched......... DONT SMASH INTO SH*T!

3. Driver-Side Blind Spot........ what car doesnt.....

4. Seat heaters..... those things are more powerful then my George Forman Grill! That Sh*t grills my ***! If anything there should be seat coolers available.

5. Faux Grills..... you dont like em? Take em out!

There...... EXACTLY why the G37 is the PERFECT CAR.

My dislikes:

1. Doesnt have an on board bathroom....if it did it would really be PERFECT.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Coupe Daddy

Originally Posted by cesG37
Heres what I have to say bout your dislikes.....

1. Cheap gas cap door. Really?! When the thing you dislike most is that, the car is pretty damn good.

2. Wheels to easily scratched......... DONT SMASH INTO SH*T!

3. Driver-Side Blind Spot........ what car doesnt.....

4. Seat heaters..... those things are more powerful then my George Forman Grill! That Sh*t grills my ***! If anything there should be seat coolers available.

5. Faux Grills..... you dont like em? Take em out!

There...... EXACTLY why the G37 is the PERFECT CAR.

My dislikes:

1. Doesnt have an on board bathroom....if it did it would really be PERFECT.

The G37 is a fantastic vehicle but not perfect by ANY stretch of the imagination (period).

I don't dislike the gas cap the most. It is 1 of 5 (in no particular order). It is a piece of cheap plastic that is easy to break and I think that is unexceptable on a luxury brand vehicle.

The wheels ARE easy to scratch. Because they are painted, soft aluminum a pebble can hit them at highway speeds and scratch them very easily. No curb neccessary.

Not every car has a blind spot. In fact, very little do. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. The blind spot over the left shoulder in the G IS pretty bad by any measure.

I guess this is your first vehicle with heated seats. The heaters in the G just "warm up" the seat. In my previous vehicle it would heat until I was ready to turn it off (not when the heater decided)

Take out the grill.... yeah....

All in all, I'm glad you are elated about your vehicle. We all are. That is why we decided to get the G, but some of us have owned luxury cars and coupes before and have a reference point to an expectation. It sounds like this is your first, so again, enjoy but the G is not a perfect vehicle.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM
cesG37

Well rush me to the burn unit.

Ait so basically, I love the car a lot but of course its not perfect. All I'm saying that I think infiniti made a great improvement from the previous g and I'm sure the next one will be even better. My point is I got everthing I expected from a $40k nissan and more.

I am right bout the grills tho
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Coupe Daddy

Originally Posted by cesG37
Well rush me to the burn unit.

Ait so basically, I love the car a lot but of course its not perfect. All I'm saying that I think infiniti made a great improvement from the previous g and I'm sure the next one will be even better. My point is I got everthing I expected from a $40k nissan and more.

I am right bout the grills tho
I whole heartedly agree.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM
G-Rocket

Yeah, I have to say I disagree as well. For a $40k car, it has way too many imperfections. Starting from the clunky tranny and ending with all the rattles and squeaks inside. I've owned several BMWs and they do have issues, however I expected a very top of the line car from Infiniti. And i think many of the annoying things in the G35 are still in the G37. (the loud throw out bearing)
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Sexy styling, coupe gets way more looks and street cred than Sedan, relatively unique on the road
2. Great power out of the 3.7VQ, engine hum/exhaust tone is on point
3. Fun to drive in 6MT, always requires some attention
4. Tech/Nav/ICC/etc.
5. Interior design/layout

Dislikes:
1. Frequent TSBs & little warrantied kinks/quirks (exhaust rattle, axle chirp, VVEL knock, the list goes on)
2. Seat controls uncomfortable to reach, back seat and trunk space a joke
3. 6MT's clutch and gear engagement takes time to master, somewhat rigid and unrefined
4. Soft and easily chipped/scratched paint, easy to curb rash 19-in Sport wheels
5. Wish the torque was higher, such as 300 peak!