Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

my 12k maintenance = disaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 PM
amarcusg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 12k maintenance = disaster

So today I bring my car into Infiniti of Coconut Creek in Florida for the routine 12k mile maintenance.. On my way home I thought the car sounded kinda different .. So I get home and look at my car.. there are two big dents on the roof.. it looks like they dropped something on the roof or the car hit something while on the lift.. will post pics shortly.. next I look at my receipt and notice that instead of using Nissan Ester oil like they usually do , for some reason they used Castrol GTX. Also my air conditioning sounds TERRIBLE and I think somehow they gave me a MAF leak because my intake is making a whistling noise... also they somehow managed to break the heat shield off one of my intakes.. I plan on going back tomorrow and talking to the service manager.. what should I ask for / do ??? HELP !!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 PM
G4me

I suggest taking a gun.

LOL
Old 10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
nogoodname
Banned

give them shit

also, how'd u not notice the dents on the roof?? before leaving ....always inspect the car before leaving the dealer/shop
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
amarcusg37

Its ridiculous ... the dents are so bad... if it wasn't dark out I'd take a picture... ill post pics in the morning
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 PM
patmsb1

Dealer service sucks some time and they make you pay top dollar for this level of work. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:46 PM
amarcusg37

Yea, I don't know how I missed them, I was in a hurry to leave and it was really sunny, so I think thats why , but I went straight home and nothing hit my car or anything on the way home so I know it had to have been the dealership..
Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
amarcusg37

And when I got home and popped the hood , part of the heatshield somehow fell off the intake, and the other part was hanging loose like over the radiator shroud ...
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by amarcusg37
And when I got home and popped the hood , part of the heatshield somehow fell off the intake, and the other part was hanging loose like over the radiator shroud ...
Amarcus I bought my G from Coconut Creek brand new in 2007 and they SUCK *****!! If I could burn that f***ing place down I would. I'm sorry to hear that they trashed your car like that man. I absolutely refused to take my car there for anything, instead I either took it to Infiniti of Davie or changed my own oil and brakes.

If you can take action against them, I suggest you try. Their service department is full of a bunch of young guys looking to rip off parts for their own cars.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 PM
amarcusg37

Ya, after I sort all this out I will NEVER return there...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ This is EXACTLY why I'm learning to do all of my own maintenance. And if I take it to the dealer for the big services, I'm watching them do the work.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 AM
SpawnAero
Former Sponsor

I have no idea how its like every person who goes to the dealer has some kind of horror story. Its like do these people forget how to do their jobs or maybe they are learning to do their work with their eyes closed or something I don't know... Take pictures, notify the dealer, then find the regional manager or what ever its called. The guy / gal that keeps an eye on all the local dealers.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:23 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
don't make a big scene.... just speak w/ the manager if he is there and leave your car there. explain the situation and have them look at it. they don't want to push clients away (i hope).... good luck
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Be professional but firm. If they're unwilling to help, let them know you will contact Infiniti Customer Affairs, corporate, share your story on the forum......the whole nine yards, whatever it takes.

Don't get pushed around but be reasonable. Take pictures of everything, the car, the dealership, and record the names of everyone that you speak to in front of them.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:27 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Thing is, the dealer will probably tell you those dents on your roof are from when you drove her away.

Over here, they make you sign a before/after vehicle condition form and FORCE you to inspect the vehicle all around before you take delivery.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
If you bought the car there, talk to the sales manager first. Let him know what happened and how disappointed you are (keep your cool). If it's like most places, sales department toutes their service dept as part of their sales pitch. Let the sales mgr this will be the last car you ever buy from them and you will be very happy to share your story with anyone that will listen. Then ask for you, the sales mgr and service mgr to go to a conference room and talk about it.

I had this happen to me on a Toyota I bought and had problem with the service department. Long story short, they kissed my ***! Sales does not like the prospect of loosing business because of service, seems the sales mgr has much more clout/pull than service. Just be firm but not an a-hole. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: my 12k maintenance = disaster