Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

non sport g37 coupe question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
randyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non sport g37 coupe question

The g37 owners that don't have S package ,.. since you don't have Limited Slip Differential, I was just wondering under Hard exceleration do you get 1 wheel spinning.With that much power ,it must be easy to get wheel spin ? Trying to figure out if it's worth getting ?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by randyc
The g37 owners that don't have S package ,.. since you don't have Limited Slip Differential, I was just wondering under Hard exceleration do you get 1 wheel spinning.With that much power ,it must be easy to get wheel spin ? Trying to figure out if it's worth getting ?

Hey. I have a Non-Sport and I do regret not adding on the sport package. To me, the sport package is way worth the money. I'm planning to switch my brakes with the BBK's in the sport and its already running me around $1900 (which is already more than the cost of the whole Sport Package altogether!). When i do a hard accel, I actually dont get a lot of wheel spin. I get some, but not a huge burnout or anything. It leaves a small tire mark. You should try test driving a Non-Sport and Sport before making a decision. If you do get a Non-Sport and decide you want to make the conversion to sport, your gonna have to fork over a lot more money than having included during your car purchase.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes! get the sport. Theres too many members on here that get their car, then a few weeks later they find themselves regretting not getting the sport package. Then they end up forking over a tone of dough to convert everything. And the LSD is the only thing that you cant swap out. Not without some major cash and labor at least.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
irondog168

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, there, I'm a G37 journey non sport owner, I didn't buy the sport package because i use those money to pay for navigation and premiuem package, I know sport package worth lots money and is a good choice, but for me that i don't go on track, i don't speed in local street, also barly drive on freeway. so sports package really do nothing good for me. but I'm more of a luxury type of person, no so big of driving fast and turning hard and break hard.....I got my motorcycle to do all those.
bottom line, get what works for you and fit your driving style. don't get sport because everyone getting it. get it because you need it.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by irondog168
Hi, there, I'm a G37 journey non sport owner, I didn't buy the sport package because i use those money to pay for navigation and premiuem package, I know sport package worth lots money and is a good choice, but for me that i don't go on track, i don't speed in local street, also barly drive on freeway. so sports package really do nothing good for me. but I'm more of a luxury type of person, no so big of driving fast and turning hard and break hard.....I got my motorcycle to do all those.
bottom line, get what works for you and fit your driving style. don't get sport because everyone getting it. get it because you need it.
That is all very true. The OP's biggest question on getting the sport seemed to be about the VLSD and wheel spin, so I figure he is somewhat interested in the performance a little more. Now if you are more toward the luxury side, then it would definatly make sense to not spend the extra money on it. If your gonna do any sort of spirited driving at all it would be benificial.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

I don't get much wheel spin with my non-s G.

Most people change

-tires
-sways
-suspension

anyways even if they have sport package. So the only thing you get out of it is the VLSD and BBK...

the paddles can be added if you have a journey and the seats/sport bumper/sides those to me aren't that important and can also be swapped or go aftermarket.

All in all, for the extra $$ the BBK is worth getting an S with all the other frills. I'm sure the 19s would go for more than the 18s too..

If you want softer ride, and dont care about vlsd, bbk then just get the non-s upgrade to hotchkis sways and your handling will improve a lot..
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
irondog168

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
That is all very true. The OP's biggest question on getting the sport seemed to be about the VLSD and wheel spin, so I figure he is somewhat interested in the performance a little more. Now if you are more toward the luxury side, then it would definatly make sense to not spend the extra money on it. If your gonna do any sort of spirited driving at all it would be benificial.
Oh yeah, that is true, sometime if i gas really hard from 0 to 60 lets say, my lights when on for "SLIP" but just for a blink of a secend.
I think I could solve the problem by changing a set of better tires.
or maybe spend more on a set of new wheels with tires and rims which is maybe 9 or 9.5 at rear and 8.5 or 9 at front. there is many way to not slip. and I think for OP, if you don't want slip tires than sport package is the way to go. it come with wilder tires in rear and better suspension. for cheap!!! really cheap than after market.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

although I've heard non-s Gs are faster in drags due to less weight
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 PM
irondog168

Gs with s package or without, its all the same horspower 330......
but with s, car gets heavier because all the add ons. but hey, also proformed better a bit.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Stanislav

I got the non-sport mainly because I really don't like the front bumper of the sport package and prefer the non-sport cleaner lines... just my $0.02
I also don't track it - but like to step on it once in a while
Old 10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
85bmw86vw09inf

I swore to myself that I wouldn't do a wheel/tire swap on this vehicle (like I have on just about every previous car I've owned.) That having been said, I chose non-sport because I liked those wheels better (granted they're smaller.)
Old 10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
get the sport or you will regret it later. I was driving last night with vdc off, and when i came out of the turn the car did a 180.thsnk god for LSVD.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
beerme986

Get the sports package. Like people said, the BBK in the sports package alone makes up for it. Plus it drives a lot better, like a sports car should. Drive a non sport and sport back to back. night and day difference
Old 10-18-2009, 06:46 PM
DrJones

to each his own. everyone has a reason for the trim they selected.