Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problem with G37s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Chris3232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with G37s?

I just picked up my 09' G37s last week. I had to buy it from a dealership about 200 miles away. The car drove awesome the entire way home. Soon after I got off of the freeway and on to a normal road, as I was shifting I noticed the service engine soon light came on. The car sounded funny, like it was missing and as I would give some gas, say something over 3,500 rpm, the car would stall out. The engine would not cut out it would just not go. I had to milk the rest of the way home, about 2 miles.

The car has not done it since and has been running great, I don't see a point of going to the dealer, I am sure they will say "no problem found".

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 08 G37S has done that a few times, but not in the same situation. Mine has been when its parked, I will start it, put it in reverse to get out of my garage or parking spot and when I give it gas, it hesitates, like its not getting gas. I have tried gassing it hard, to get it to kill, so it will throw a code in the computer, but no luck. When I gas it hard, it will work the "burp" out of its system and work normally. This has happened to me probably 6-7 times, and there is no rhyme or reason as to why it does it. I have talked to the dealership about it and they have no idea as to what is causing it, and they claim they have never heard of it happening before. I'm at a loss also, and not so happy that it is doing it.

(I have been running Shell V-Power in the car ever since I purchased it, so its the proper octane fuel.)
Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
This is the first issue like this that I have read. Not sure about others. If you received a service light, take it in to the dealership . It should have left a code to tell them what went wrong.

Hope it works out well for you, and welcome to the forums!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris3232
I just picked up my 09' G37s last week. I had to buy it from a dealership about 200 miles away. The car drove awesome the entire way home. Soon after I got off of the freeway and on to a normal road, as I was shifting I noticed the service engine soon light came on. The car sounded funny, like it was missing and as I would give some gas, say something over 3,500 rpm, the car would stall out. The engine would not cut out it would just not go. I had to milk the rest of the way home, about 2 miles.

The car has not done it since and has been running great, I don't see a point of going to the dealer, I am sure they will say "no problem found".

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this?
Not sure if it's the same issue but I had a bank #1 VVEL Actuator failure a few weeks ago. The service engine soon light came on, the car would not rev past a couple thousand rpm and it was basically in limp mode. I had the car towed to the dealer, where they reset the ecu, checked the harness and oil level and I was good to go. Unfortunately, 20 mins later it happened again and the dealer was instructed by Infiniti to replace the bank #1 VVEL actuator and the harness. Supposedly, they had never seen this happen before. Click the link below for more on this.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ler-twice.html
Old 10-03-2009, 01:46 AM
cocoyito

limp mode happen to me too. rpm wouldnt do more than 2000. i was teaching my wife how to drive stick before that. i thought it was her fault. i gave it a rest for 15 mins and then all back to normal after that. never happened again.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 AM
NismoVQ37

Originally Posted by NotUrG
My 08 G37S has done that a few times, but not in the same situation. Mine has been when its parked, I will start it, put it in reverse to get out of my garage or parking spot and when I give it gas, it hesitates, like its not getting gas. I have tried gassing it hard, to get it to kill, so it will throw a code in the computer, but no luck. When I gas it hard, it will work the "burp" out of its system and work normally. This has happened to me probably 6-7 times, and there is no rhyme or reason as to why it does it. I have talked to the dealership about it and they have no idea as to what is causing it, and they claim they have never heard of it happening before. I'm at a loss also, and not so happy that it is doing it.

(I have been running Shell V-Power in the car ever since I purchased it, so its the proper octane fuel.)
My 08 5AT does this every once in a while too, backing out of the drive way. Hella annoying.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Chris3232

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NotUrG

My car is at the dealership right now for a window fix and it acted up for them. They told me that they hooked some equipment up to it and found out that it was losing fuel pressure, so they are ordering fuel injectors for it. I would have thought that a loss in fuel pressure would be a fuel pump issue, but what do I know? Hopefully it fixes my issue.