Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later

I was going to dinner with my parents tonight when I walked up to my car and saw this (Jeremy can I get another appt )

I was so very pissed. Then I noticed on my windshield someone left a note. It basically said, "hi I'm a dumbass and I hit you with my Honda Accord. here is my name and phone number".

Can't tell you how surprised I was that someone actually left a note. Few minutes later a guy pulls up (asian) and tells me it was him. Apologizes and says he didn't see my car until it was too late. I got all his insurance info and will have to find a body shop on Monday. Not how I wanted to spend my vacation mind you.

Since this is a lease I wonder if I need to notify Infiniti or if it'll mess with the resale value? Any thoughts guys?

Oh and by the way here is a snapshot of his accord:

Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whoah u lucky ****! okay maybe unlucky.. but how many times do u get something like that? i mean he actually left a note admitting his fault and all.. omggg
Old 09-12-2009, 11:07 PM
DrJones

Turns out the Accord is not his.... its a company car..... wonder if that can/will play to my advantage.... plus he f'd my back wheel up
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 to guy that hit you.... thats awesome he stood up
Old 09-13-2009, 12:11 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
agreed....he did the right thing admitting he's the one who hit you. I would do the same thing if I hit someone cause I'd like to think there's a thing like Karma, and if you do the right things they'll come back to you in the end. Hope the repair goes well bud.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 AM
MUSCARLIVE

sorry to hear what happened at least the guy owned up to it as far as telling Infiniti you do not have to tell them a thing I hit an animal and had to have the whole front end replace on my lease just take to a good repair shop and have it fixed.. I called my dealer to find out where they take their cars to for repair
Old 09-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Kwang

Wow, I was thinking "that's horrible!" But was surprised that the guy took responsibility for it. Was about to jokingly say, "Asian drivers for you." And the guy turns out to be Asian.

My friend's C class was key on the trunk, I told her that karma will get the bastage and she replied "Karma will not pay for the paint job!"

But yeah, hopefully the repair will be smooth!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Danny if it were me I would tell Infiniti. Here's why: we all know how difficult it can be for body shops to color match the pearls and metallics. Tell them about the damage and have their shop fix it. That way if there's any issue when the lease is up, it's their people who did the work so they can't complain if the color is off.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 AM
wrathletik1

Why did you feel the need to mention he was asian?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 AM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^^
I don't get it either ??? Or its more like I don't want to assume what your intention is. I empathize your car being hit and the trouble you will go through.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Asian people know how to man up and tell the truth? duh why else hahah

sucks to see that man
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Happened to me in my Dad's Lexus Gs400 before and the girl left a note as well and I was able to call and get her info. Consider yourself lucky - I bet like 1 in 5 people leave a note. Most hit and split.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:25 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wrathletik1
LOL...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by wrathletik1
I hope your joking right He mentioned he was asian bc he was. I hate people that take **** soo serious or out of contex. Thats whats wrong with the US we are a bunch of pu55ys
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 AM
DrJones

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Danny if it were me I would tell Infiniti. Here's why: we all know how difficult it can be for body shops to color match the pearls and metallics. Tell them about the damage and have their shop fix it. That way if there's any issue when the lease is up, it's their people who did the work so they can't complain if the color is off.

+1... pretty much what I was thinking but glad to get back-up. Thanks for the input Jeremy.

Anyone had any experience with their vehicle being damaged by a company car? I hate to sound like a noob but this is the first time something like this has ever happened to one of my vehicles.

+ i guess the bodyshop will contact D2 for a new back wheel. Didn't come up on camera but there are a couple of gashes on the rear wheel.

Quick Reply: Well it was bound to happen sooner or later