G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn man sorry to see this. It is nice to know there are some honest people left out there though.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is matching PG really that hard? I've had mine done, bumper and hood. Came out perfect. Maybe you can get another opinion?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tomcatm
I am 90% sure that if it wasn't a company car, he would not have left a note....Did you call in the claim with his company's insurance department/carrier? They will have an adjuster come out and sign off on it, I would say hold off on any repair work till the insurance signs off on it.
Originally Posted by Black Betty
From the photos I can't see how they can not repaint the quarter panel. Of course your biggest concern is going to be color matching on the gray metallic color. Good luck with that one.

If they use SABS to repair your wheel it will come out perfect, mine did. Request them.

Bodyshop says that the plastic on the rear bumper is too stretched to be just repainted. They feel better just ordering a brand new bumper. The quarter panel is still under debate. I'm waiting for a call back from his insurance so I can get the work started. Most likely tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 PM
G37fan4Infiniti

Srry to hear Doc...just Photoshop it out! No biggie!
But yeah, the Asian dude really has guts!
Btw thats the first time I saw your rims and they look sweet.
Get that G fixed up soon! Good luck.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
superslick

That would be awesome if you do get a new bumper but working in the insurance business and making an opinion based on your pictures, I think I would write to repair that bumper. Just did same vehicle and color as yours with worst damage on the front bumper and it was repaired. Again, things look different in photos then in real life. Hopefully the other guys insurance company signs off on a new bumper.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Nice to see that the guy owned up to his responsibility. I'd still be a little angry at the situation but the fact that he owned up when he could have just left the scene would ease some of the frustration.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 AM
DrJones

Originally Posted by superslick
That would be awesome if you do get a new bumper but working in the insurance business and making an opinion based on your pictures, I think I would write to repair that bumper. Just did same vehicle and color as yours with worst damage on the front bumper and it was repaired. Again, things look different in photos then in real life. Hopefully the other guys insurance company signs off on a new bumper.

super..... they wrote up the claim for a brand new bumper... since the bodyshop has a direct link with State Farm there is no inspection or adjuster to review the damage. The bodyshop has the last say. So I will be getting a brand new bumper + more.

Also I decided to let my insurance company handle the claim and go after his insurance company. Reason being is that his insurance company is out of Japan (Japanese Oil Company Car) with an American Company called Broadspire being the mediator and that is too much red tape for me to get involved in. Especially since I'm on vacation this week and have chit to do!

Thanks for all the kind words guys.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by nogoodname
it's b/c Asians can't drive properly.....lol

all my Asians friends can't drive normally..... like they are leaning towards the steering wheel while driving
Yeah~ Asians might not drive properly, but they don't drive fast enough to kill themselves and other people.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
good luck with repairs. asian people are honest... duh who doesn't know that jk
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
DrJones

bodyshop called yesterday..... this is kinda interesting.... they are going to have to paint the rear quarter panel or just basically everything behind the passengers door. They also said they are going to have to remove the rear quarter glass????

Not quite sure why. Damage estimate is now up to $1,500
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
dang man lol. least he left his contact information. I was thinkin hope the rims aight lol.. those rims are nice. i want them!!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Dimitry6

Originally Posted by DrJones
Bodyshop says that the plastic on the rear bumper is too stretched to be just repainted. They feel better just ordering a brand new bumper. The quarter panel is still under debate. I'm waiting for a call back from his insurance so I can get the work started. Most likely tomorrow.
LMAO nothe bumper isnt that bad its the body shop making money off the insurance......Thats pretty much it
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Update DJ???
Old 10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
DrJones

Car is finished and I am somewhat pleased.

However I'm still waiting for my deductible back and the money I spent to re-tint my rear quarter glass window.

Other than that. I'm good.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:03 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
bodyshop called yesterday..... this is kinda interesting.... they are going to have to paint the rear quarter panel or just basically everything behind the passengers door. They also said they are going to have to remove the rear quarter glass????

Not quite sure why. Damage estimate is now up to $1,500
Every shop looks to max. damage,especially if they are a (DRF) Direct Reapair Facility for the insurance carrier.its better for you they spotted it now, who know what kinds of leaks/rattles you may have if they don't do it.Trust me if he is a drf,he knows the sitation your friend left a note & the insurace company is gonna subragate the damge.Usually on the paperwork in code So State Farm Just has to lay out the $$.they are gonna get every penny.