Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^+1 It's not very often and actually extremely rare that someone leaves a note and takes responsibility. Even though it's a pain to deal with the repair it could have been much worse.

I had a similar incident many years ago in my office parking lot and lucky for me I remember the car that was parked next to me. He had been parked crooked and I parked to leave him even more room than normal but when I came back to my car I found black paint scraped into my white bumper. He didn't leave a note, but because I remember the car I tracked him down and implied that someone may have seen it happen so I asked to see his car. That's when he admitted that he hit mine and agreed to pay (and he was caucasian, btw).

I'm sure things will work out.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They will re-paint the whole bumper for sure, no insurance company will do spot painting - if they DO try that chit demand a full bumper re-spray, you're entitled to it. This is coming from a guy who's had a few bumpers painted b/c of stuff like this.

Originally Posted by DrJones
Probability that they will paint the entire rear bumper and not just the side that was hit? I'm going to make a point to request the entire bumper be sprayed.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM
joelmd

that is unfortunate and i hope it gets repaired quickly.

i was hit by a company truck (ford 350 or similar) right outside of one of their warehouses. once i turned it over to the insurance people it was no different from any other claim process. i think the other party claiming responsibility will make a bigger difference than the fact that it was a company car.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
majin ssj eric

That'll buff right out....

Can't believe nobody said that yet, lol...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
That'll buff right out....

Can't believe nobody said that yet, lol...

I was waiting for this one......
Old 09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
DrJones

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
They will re-paint the whole bumper for sure, no insurance company will do spot painting - if they DO try that chit demand a full bumper re-spray, you're entitled to it. This is coming from a guy who's had a few bumpers painted b/c of stuff like this.

Good because there is a slight blemish on the drivers side where I might have hit a pole once upon a time. This way it gets fixed! So basically I see this as a blessing in disguise.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:02 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very lucky he left a note
Old 09-13-2009, 06:25 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by DrJones
like Sol said, because he was.

J... I was waiting for you to say get some "white out" or "liquid paper" LOL!!!
LOL i want to but your car is grey. I was going to say sharpie but then I didn't want to be a ****. I mean your car got it pretty bad where my car only has one chip. Besides its getting old where all my help and for sale thread turns up whored up like no one take me serious. If i were to put a thread with my front end just completely totaled I bet you people would ***** it up
Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I had a smilar thing happen.honesty is a very rare thing.18 yr old girl backed into my car while parked,cased 1400 in damage.at least she didn't dip out on me.I feel your pain doc.no pun intended.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

could have been worse...props to the guy that actually came through.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn... Sorry to see, Doc. Glad they left a note... Good luck with repairs.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
DrJones

Got the estimate today from the Infiniti approved bodyshop. Going to be $1,000. They are going to completely replace the rear bumper, refinish the rear wheel and may or may not have to repaint the rear quarter panel area.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
G2Envy

Wow same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago. My car was parked and this lady hit my front bumper/fender area. My clear bra was messed up, I had a dent in the bumper, and my fender was pushed out a bit. She was honest enough to leave a note though.

Estimator said about $861 worth of damage but when I took it in to the collision shop the guy said it'll cost more than that to fix. Last week I called the guy to ask about them taking off the clear bra as it may pull the paint. It didn't luckily but they have to wait for the paint to cure for 30 days before replacing the clear bra. What a hassle this is!

I'm driving this stupid 2010 Pontiac Vibe right now. This car sucks ballz. You can't accelerate smoothly at all! The only thing this car has going for it is the new car smell...oh how I miss that =(

Good luck with your repairs and I know how you're feeling.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I am 90% sure that if it wasn't a company car, he would not have left a note....Did you call in the claim with his company's insurance department/carrier? They will have an adjuster come out and sign off on it, I would say hold off on any repair work till the insurance signs off on it.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
From the photos I can't see how they can not repaint the quarter panel. Of course your biggest concern is going to be color matching on the gray metallic color. Good luck with that one.

If they use SABS to repair your wheel it will come out perfect, mine did. Request them.

Quick Reply: Well it was bound to happen sooner or later