G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti of Montclair try to rip me off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
82chilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of Montclair try to rip me off.

i got 08 G37s. Last Friday there have a smoke coming out under the hood.
And the car jump in to the limp mode and have it tow in to dealer.
Dealer find out there have a oil leak from the drain plug. So i am agree to pay $200 for a oil change and some test.
4 days later, they have not done yet. They told me they going update the computer to clear 2 codes. After they update it they told me my car won't start now ask me to pay another $192 to do the compression test.

what the hell...They make my car dead now and told me we need to make someone pay before they do anythings. i am sure that my car will start when the time i tow it in.

i believe my car is still under warranty.
crazy

called in infiniti and BBB this afternoon.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anything engine damage related falls under powertrain warranty. With an 08, I doubt you are over the mileage for that. Most things Check Engine Light related are covered under the 8 year/80,000 mile federal emissions warranty. The only way you should have to pay them anything is if you or someone other than the dealer did something to the car to cause the oil leak which lead to the current issue. I don't see how it's possible that the car ran before the reprogramming, but not after. Maybe they damaged your ECM?! I wouldn't pay the extra $192.

Also, the only cars I've heard of low oil levels causing no-start conditions were on some high end Benz's. Doubt the G37 has that technology. It's possible that you coulda ran the engine so low on oil that you damaged it.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 AM
TJHG37S

You should not have to pay a penny for what has happened to you, demand that they fix your problems and refund your money ASAP or you will open a complaint with Infiniti Consumer Affairs.....you are getting ripped off.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16 AM
G-ThirtySe7en

Sounds like no oil in the engine make your car dead. Was it a faulty drain plug or was the plug not put in properly at the last oil change. And who did the last oil change? If the plug was damaged, not defective, you would have to go after the person who did your last oil change, not infiniti.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 82chilam
i got 08 G37s. Last Friday there have a smoke coming out under the hood.
And the car jump in to the limp mode and have it tow in to dealer.
Dealer find out there have a oil leak from the drain plug. So i am agree to pay $200 for a oil change and some test.
4 days later, they have not done yet. They told me they going update the computer to clear 2 codes. After they update it they told me my car won't start now ask me to pay another $192 to do the compression test.

what the hell...They make my car dead now and told me we need to make someone pay before they do anythings. i am sure that my car will start when the time i tow it in.

i believe my car is still under warranty.
crazy

called in infiniti and BBB this afternoon.
You may want to work on your sentence structure and grammar because that is hard to read.

I used to change oil/tires, and I can tell you that whoever did the last oil change or was the last person to touch the oil plug is the one that you need to go after for the damages. If it was the dealer, you're def getting ripped off.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Take it easy on the OP, it doesn't seem like English is his first language.

Where did you do your last oil change?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 AM
aznutx

i definately believe you are getting ripped off, you shouldnt have to pay anything from the start.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
mens_restroom

what the ****? Bitch slap that foo and get your money back thats straight up theft!