Sponsored By:

And the issues begin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
brycerocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the issues begin...

Hi Everyone,

I just brought my car in this last week to address several issues present at purchase. They make up quite a list:
- illuminated kick plates had air bubbles underneath them.
- sunroof cover had a brown (oil?) stain on it
- G37 emblem on the back was loose
- rattle in the front left area
- squeaky noise coming from the rear driver area

The dealership went radio silent for 4 weeks until I called them up about why it was taking so long. They said the parts took a long time for delivery. Yet when they misordered some of the parts, somehow those were magically overnighted...

For the sunroof cover replacement, they ended up chipping off the paint above both the passenger and driver side windows down to the metal ! They also put a pretty big gash into the leather of my shifter ****. When I finally got them to agree to fix the damage (I made them promise to my car to the body shop for the paint repair instead of touchup painting), they acted like they were doing me a favor

Concerning the squeaks, their "master" technician apparently could not hear the noise. On that note, I took the senior service advisor out on a road test and pointed out the noise (sounds like a loose screw that needs some WD-40). He then started banging on parts of the car hoping it would stop the noise and then stated that since he couldn't locate it that I would have to wait for it to get louder. He said that they may not be able to fix it and that even if they did, they may introduce a new noise. COME ON. I paid 40K+ for this car and now he's telling me I have to live with it? I commute 2 hours a day and can hear that noise every time I drive. My Honda didn't even make that annoying of a sound. Their "master" technician also said he fixed the front rattle. Yet the first time I turned on car I could hear it again.

On the kickplates, my service advisor was certain those came from the factory and thus ordered the standard kickplates , leading to an extra day of my car in service. Then when they arrived, the dealership said they solved the issue by pushing out the air bubbles, in the process scuffing up the transparent surface. They asked if I wanted them to install the new ones. ummmm yes?

To add insult to injury, it took me over an hour and a half to get someone to talk to me even though I had made an appointment and was on time. Let's just hope they know how to stick on the emblems correctly. I guess the only bright spot is they gave me a G37X Sedan as a loaner.

Oh btw, amid all of this they still tell me with a straight face they are the best service dealership in the area
Old 08-30-2009, 12:18 AM
aznutx

so you've had a loaner for 4weeks+ ?
go to another dealership.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:31 AM
TJHG37S

Call Infiniti Consumer affairs and file a detailed complaint.

But first tell us which dealership you went to so nobody EVER goes there.

kthxbye
Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Call Infiniti Consumer affairs and file a detailed complaint.

But first tell us which dealership you went to so nobody EVER goes there.

kthxbye

+1... save someone else the headache. sorry to hear of all your troubles.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

The best way to fix something is to just pound on it
Old 08-30-2009, 11:53 AM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, I know how you feel. I got my engine replaced and I had to go through BBB to get that. Some of these service department and Infiniti's consumer affairs people will say anything to blows you off, I don't know whether that is Infiniti's policy or just local service departments. Before I got my engine replaced, I called and complained to Infiniti's Consumer Affairs, some chick on the other line told me the engine noise is "normal"! I genuinely believed Infiniti is very inferior in their services, probably a trade-off for the G being value-package compare to a BMW or Lexus, I think. If its too good to be true, its probably not. Oh, and I got one of my wheel gashed after they replaced the engine!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Stanislav

What kind of a noise do you hear from the back? I'm wondering if you and I have the same thing (sounds like a small rattle when going over uneven surfaces at low speeds - under 15mph). I brought my car the dealer to look at - they said it was shocks adjusting themselves and normal. WTF!?!?!
That noise is really annoying.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:25 PM
tbevilacqua

I had a metallic clunk/clanging noise from the rear when going over bumps that you could only hear with the windows open. It turned out to be (according to the service guy) loose ebrake shoes. They tightened them and now no more noise
Old 08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
SL1CKZ

The squeaky noise is a known issue that Nissan/Infiniti has, let them know. The other issues, you should talk with customer service and explain your situation, and they should get you situated~
Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 AM
g37musings

Stay on them and get Infiniti corporate involved until it is taken care of.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 AM
demuslee

How many miles do you have on your infinity? I'm really sorry to hear you have these issues. What dealership is it that is giving you the run around. In my opinion all dealerships are the same, never want to do warranty work cause it doesnt pay them as much as billable hours. They promise great customer service, but in the end the customer's get as good a service as their profits allow.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What dealership is it
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Shuric
The Mad Russian.

Originally Posted by Stanislav
What kind of a noise do you hear from the back? I'm wondering if you and I have the same thing (sounds like a small rattle when going over uneven surfaces at low speeds - under 15mph). I brought my car the dealer to look at - they said it was shocks adjusting themselves and normal. WTF!?!?!
That noise is really annoying.
that's exactly how i described it to my service guy when i dropped the car off at the dealer this morning. we'll see what happens
Old 09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post name of dealership please.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Stanislav

Originally Posted by Shuric
that's exactly how i described it to my service guy when i dropped the car off at the dealer this morning. we'll see what happens
Let me know what happens? This noise is really starting to bother me - at the same time I don't want the dealer to rip my car apart only to tell it is "nomral". I actually scheduled a 2nd appointment this Monday - your feedback on what was done to your car would really help.

Quick Reply: And the issues begin...