Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

And the issues begin...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 PM
brycerocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone,

It's the Pleasanton Infiniti dealership. The service manager seems to have a level head there, unfortunately was not always in when I brought the car in. They have my car still for the paint repairs (which thankfully they've reaffirmed is taken care of by a shop).

So far they said they're still having a hard time reproducing the noise and they are hesitant to tear apart the interior hunting it down. They said they would like to see more miles on the car (it has 4k right now), hoping that the noise becomes more pronounced. The noise really isn't a rattle; it's more of a squeaking noise. It's like the noise you'd hear from a loose license plate screw.

I'll keep you all updated when I get the car back to see what they did.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not from your sunroof area? A lot of people have had a problem with a rattle coming from their sunroof area.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
CitationX

Brycerocket,

I hate to tell you that I had the same experience at the Pleasanton Inifniti. Their Sales people were professional and easy to work with, but their service department showed lack of competence. (I am trying so hard to be nice...)

My 2009 G37 has a rattle behind the dash near the driver side, AFTER they taken the thing apart to replace the steering wheel column adjustment motor. Somehow the gears got stuck before the delivery, and I managed to free them by assisting it while moving upward. It worked, but I just didn't like the fact that the brand new car had a bad assembly.

With fear...I specifically asked if this is something that could cause more issues like rattling. Service Advisor said, "No, this is simple replacement, and it does not require taking the dash apart."

Got my car back, steering wheel housing is scratched to h*ll, I could see someone tried to PRY it open with a tool. During the process, they also managed to scratch the h*ll out of the illuminated kickplate AND scratched the side of my car, as if someone was leaning against it while wearing clothes with metal on it.

At this point, I have a new steering column, they have taken apart my dash twice(I hope my Airbag still works..), have a scratched kickplate and the side panel.
How about that for a brand new car buying experience?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 AM
brycerocket

Still no word on my car.. hopefully it's at the body shop. I have been enjoying driving the G37x though. If only they had applied the harsh downshift software update on it, because nothing's more fun than downshifting super hard in traffic moving just at that 20mph mark..
Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
brycerocket

Got my car back today.. to recap:
- paint chips completely gone now - looks like new
- rattles and squeaks - who knows, I'll let you know when I drive it tomorrow to work. We did locate a squeaky license plate frame and the service manager gave me some foam to pad it.
- kickplates - apparently the bubbling is a fact of life, according to the infiniti rep. no comment.
- shifter **** - the new **** apparently got scratched between installation and delivery back to me. Manager promptly replaced again.

Everything else appears fine. One plus is they did give me the touchup paint for free. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong on my car.

Everyone have a good labor day weekend!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
brycerocket

Update: Rattle is still there - more than ever. Has anyone had good experiences with a dealership in the SF Bay Area and resolving squeaks/rattles?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 PM
RaiderG37x

I have the same rear deck rattles over bumpy roads. I pulled the upper trunk liner out and found that all 3 seat belt mechanisms rattle when you tap them. It is very annoying. I went so far as to remove the black plastic enclosure are around one of them. It seems like the spring mechanism that recoils the belt is the culprit. not sure how to fix it. any suggestions?