G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

dubbed by Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
PhilH930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Betty said it best - Auto mode does not regulate temperature very well.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
BB,
I have to say that I just haven’t had the problem you describe. I usually keep mine in auto mode, and both the temperature and fan speeds adjust to my 74 degree setting in a few minutes. I’ve also noticed on cold days (albeit rare in LA) the heated air may come out of the lower vents until the desired cabin temperature is reached.

Auto mode was designed to do just that – set the cabin temperature you want and leave it alone. I would suspect that if you’re getting those large temperature swings you describe, then there’s something wrong with your system that needs attention.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Maybe it's just because it's much hotter an more humid here than in many parts of the country?

100*°+ temperatures and 90%+ relative humidity are very common for the entire summer which is about 5 months. Manual works fine, I just thought the Auto system would regulate and adjust itself better than it does in my case.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by anh3
I have the same thought as you Chekov, but I want to find out for sure. This is why I am curious, I think almost all cars (especially ones with manual climate controls) have variant degrees of coolness and warmth with their climate control. I think Infiniti is going the 'cheap' route with their climate control system. I would have to call the dealer and ask, either mine is defective or Infiniti is selling it short to the G owners. My girlfriend's got a MBZ ML350 and it puts out coolness and warmth to the dial (also with my ex-88' Accord!); which makes me become very suspicious of the G.

update- I called the dealership and spoke to a service manager, her impression is that something is wrong and I am going to bring my car in for them to take a look at. But my inclination is still the same as what Chekov said - if true - it means we're short-changed by Infiniti. hopefully I am wrong and something is wrong with my climate control?!
Short-changed; No...

Think about it; when you turn your home AC thermostat to 75 when its 80 in the house, does it blow 75 out of the vents; NO it does not; it blows as cold as it can until the ambient temp of 75 is reached then the AC kicks off for awhile. The car does something similar, but the fan keeps blowing, it just reduces the fan speed and\or cycles the compressor clutch more often as needed to maintain the 75 degree ambient temp in the car.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Chekov
BB,
I have to say that I just haven’t had the problem you describe. I usually keep mine in auto mode, and both the temperature and fan speeds adjust to my 74 degree setting in a few minutes. I’ve also noticed on cold days (albeit rare in LA) the heated air may come out of the lower vents until the desired cabin temperature is reached.

Auto mode was designed to do just that – set the cabin temperature you want and leave it alone. I would suspect that if you’re getting those large temperature swings you describe, then there’s something wrong with your system that needs attention.
I agree; I leave my AC set to 75 most everyday... It blows high and drops speed all the way to low after the ambient temp nears and then reached. I also do not have the vents blowing on me, just up and around to cool the car; The direct air will freeze you before the car reaches its ambient temp request.
If it's not working like this, something is wrong.

Works great for me!

Last edited by htownboy; 09-01-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:41 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

FYI - was showing 105deg yesterday around noon in Houston; was feeling great in the car maintaining 75deg showing fan speed on 2.

Last edited by htownboy; 09-01-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Michelangelo

I set mine between 74 and 76 depending on my mood. As long as the vents aren't blowing directly on me, it's perfect 99% of the time.

The direct air, though, is meat-locker cold. I've never owned a car that can almost produce frost on the vents. Holy cow.

My overall experience is like the others here who say it's working right for them--on very hot days (and it does get pretty hot here in Virginia) the fan goes full blast until the interior feels comfortable, then drops down to maybe two bars.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
The one in my 03 G35 worked slightly better at producing gadual variances. Although the one in my G35 didn't cool the car off nearly as quick as my G37. Even when near 100 degrees outside my ac starts blowing significantly cold air within 1 to 1.5 minutes of starting the car. However there isn't as much of a gradual variance when trying to set the climate control in the middle temp ranges.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
The one in my 03 G35 worked slightly better at producing gadual variances. Although the one in my G35 didn't cool the car off nearly as quick as my G37. Even when near 100 degrees outside my ac starts blowing significantly cold air within 1 to 1.5 minutes of starting the car. However there isn't as much of a gradual variance when trying to set the climate control in the middle temp ranges.
exactly what I am trying to say/complaint I am one of those that like to point the vent toward me with low fan and the right temperature - instead of full-blast air cooling the cabin when nobody else is in the car - more preferable for me.

and so I am done b!tchin' about it, movin' on...

Last edited by anh3; 09-01-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 AM
SteevK

You could try setting the mode to bi-level - which has a bias toward the floor vents. You still get the vents blowing directly on you, but the bulk of the fan volume comes out at your feet.

I hardly use the auto, and I could never see the logic in the A/C starting in recirc - with the inside air so much hotter than outside. I would have programmed it to do the opposite - recirc the cooled cabin air, but bring in cooler outside air (and exhaust the hot air) when trying to cool down in a hurry.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by SteevK
I hardly use the auto, and I could never see the logic in the A/C starting in recirc - with the inside air so much hotter than outside. I would have programmed it to do the opposite - recirc the cooled cabin air, but bring in cooler outside air (and exhaust the hot air) when trying to cool down in a hurry.
The logic of starting with recirc may be that the outside air will remain hot but the car’s inside will cool down quickly as the A/C kicks in. Bringing in that outside heat may actually lengthen the time it takes for the cabin to get to the desired setting.

Considering the air inside the car may initially be around 140 on a hot day, I always open both windows when I start out for a minute or so until the inside temperature at least matches the outside. Then I close the windows to allow the A/C to do its job. It works for me.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
bluesun

The problem some people seem to be having is that after the car cools down the Auto system keeps blowing cold air at high speed. Has anyone tried covering the sun sensor on the dash or does is do the same at night time?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Same story day or night, hot or cool for me.

Ironically, my AC unit's motor in my home system just took a dump on me. Too cold in the car and muggy in the house. I can't win.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
VR4GSM

My first post has been deleted because I came into this forum and introduced myself to the community by being a smart ass instead of saying hello or contributing anything useful.

Last edited by Black Betty; 09-03-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Same story day or night, hot or cool for me.

Ironically, my AC unit's motor in my home system just took a dump on me. Too cold in the car and muggy in the house. I can't win.
Then I would stay away from going to the movies for awhile. It may rain inside.

Quick Reply: dubbed by Infiniti?