Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 30k service

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
rhyno76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37-6MT
What's even more crazy is the "or 24 months" part. My car might have 12,000 miles on it 24 months. Has my radiator cap magically gone bad because it's two years old?

I don't have the owner's manual in front of me, but are you sure those replacement items don't say "as needed"?
Unfortunately, no...The list was a copy\paste from the Service Manual PDF. They seem to think we definitely need all that at 30K.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
wireboltman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37-6MT
This is complete overkill for 30K:

- Replace differential oil (most likely synthetic)
- Replace engine coolant/flush system (not needed)
- Replace engine drive belts (not needed)
- Replace manual transmission oil (not needed)
- Replace radiator cap (what????!)
- Replace transfer case oil (4WD/AWD) (not needed)

I would be very careful to make sure your dealer actually does all these things if you decide to pay for this. I would not be surprised if they skipped most of or all of the above and told you they replaced them. You would never know unless you watched them perform the service and they know that. The "premium" plan is designed to bring extra revenue into the service department. This list is crazy.

Exactly-

Outside of the in cabin filter, (which you can do yourself-they normally charge .5 hrs for that) (That was the charge for the FX, and the FX looks to be about the same amount of work involved as the G37)
30K maintenance can be done at any neighborhood garage for 40-50 bucks or less if you bring the oil.
I bring my own AMZOIL and filter in and they have no problem with that.

Absolutely no reason to pay dealership rates to look at stuff. (inspect)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If I go to any place in the neighborhood and get this done, can the dealer void any part of my warranty. Especially when I go for services therafter, they r gonna ask about the 30k service.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
wireboltman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by junyea
If I go to any place in the neighborhood and get this done, can the dealer void any part of my warranty. Especially when I go for services therafter, they r gonna ask about the 30k service.
I was never questioned ever about my FX. It had a MAF go on November 30, 2006. I had to have it flatbedded 300 miles to the dealer.
They not only didn't ask me about any maintenance, I had numerous bolt on modifications.
They tried to blame it on the 1/2 Motordyne Plenum Spacer, but Tony Colette (Motordyne owner) went to bat for me, and they quickly backed down.

Of course, had they asked, I still have every receipt of any work ever done to my FX