G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 30k service

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
aj2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did it at this place called amplified motorsports. google it. Ask for Lou or Jet. infiiniti told me i had to change my brakes a long time aago, over here they told me a month or two from now. they seem very honest, i like that about them

Last edited by aj2006; 08-30-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ohhhh, so Lou did your 30K service. Haha yeah I might drop by there when the time comes.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 AM
aj2006

yeah they are cool people
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 AM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anybody know if they are good at installing kp technologies there? I want to buy the autolock for my 2008 G37
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
aj2006

Just give them a call.they know g37 upside down. Otherwise i would not let them touch my car.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
junyea

Originally Posted by aj2006
so i got my 30k done. Over all they did a great job for a very reasonble amt. they had few nice cars there. the tech knows the G37 very well.I am going back there again.
So what was the cost of the 30k service? I'm coming up on 30k. I'm at 27k. I'm hoping there is a substantial savings over the dealer, making it a must to go to this place over the dealer ...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 AM
aj2006

around 250.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 AM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by junyea
I'm hoping there is a substantial savings over the dealer, making it a must to go to this place over the dealer ...
Even if there wasn't any savings at all, go there. Lou is the best.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 AM
junyea

Jet quoted $350 over the phone. Don't know y the $100 difference. Guess I gotta ask?

He is suppose to call me back with a quote for installing the auto-lock module from KP Technologies.....
Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
G37-6MT

This is complete overkill for 30K:

- Replace differential oil (most likely synthetic)
- Replace engine coolant/flush system (not needed)
- Replace engine drive belts (not needed)
- Replace manual transmission oil (not needed)
- Replace radiator cap (what????!)
- Replace transfer case oil (4WD/AWD) (not needed)

I would be very careful to make sure your dealer actually does all these things if you decide to pay for this. I would not be surprised if they skipped most of or all of the above and told you they replaced them. You would never know unless you watched them perform the service and they know that. The "premium" plan is designed to bring extra revenue into the service department. This list is crazy.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
rhyno76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37-6MT
This is complete overkill for 30K:

- Replace differential oil (most likely synthetic)
- Replace engine coolant/flush system (not needed)
- Replace engine drive belts (not needed)
- Replace manual transmission oil (not needed)
- Replace radiator cap (what????!)
- Replace transfer case oil (4WD/AWD) (not needed)

I would be very careful to make sure your dealer actually does all these things if you decide to pay for this. I would not be surprised if they skipped most of or all of the above and told you they replaced them. You would never know unless you watched them perform the service and they know that. The "premium" plan is designed to bring extra revenue into the service department. This list is crazy.
That's what I was thinking...premium maint is a ripoff. Still, I thought I'd throw it out there to see what others are doing. This car cost a lot more than my previous cars and I want to take care of her. At the same time, I'm on the lookout for stuff that appears to be overkill. Thanks for your input on this
Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
aj2006

I did some other things on the car too thats why i rounded it off. Also the oil you use. They wont charge you extra just to charge you extra. They like to keep thier customers. 350 sounds right. Keep in mind this place knows our car.so if you dont wanna give 700 to the dealer which is a rip off, then your second bet is somebody that knows how to work on our car.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
G37-6MT

What's even more crazy is the "or 24 months" part. My car might have 12,000 miles on it 24 months. Has my radiator cap magically gone bad because it's two years old?

I don't have the owner's manual in front of me, but are you sure those replacement items don't say "as needed"?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
AustinG35

Honestly, you can do this service interval yourself if you have a little bit of time, a lift or place to jack your car up and standard tools. The draining of the oils is pretty easy, I just got done doing this to my G35 at 30k miles. The coolant was the only thing that took a little while to properly 'bleed' the air out of the system (several attempts to warm then cool the engine completely) It practically took longer to jack up the car and put 4 jack stands underneath it and then drop the car than it took to replace the rear differential and transmission oils. Plus, like another poster said, you have no idea if the dealership actually performed those maintenance jobs, although, I can't imagine them saying the did them and not actually doing them. At 30k, I had a considerable amount of metal shavings attached to the rear differential drain plug and I baby my car. I went with Mobil One 75w90 synthetic this time around. I got the coolant and the transmission oil from the dealership, I did notice that my shifting appears to be slightly smoother than before too after the refill.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 AM
G37-6MT

Originally Posted by AustinG35
Plus, like another poster said, you have no idea if the dealership actually performed those maintenance jobs, although, I can't imagine them saying the did them and not actually doing them.
It happens. The dealer assigns routine maintenance jobs to the least skilled (lowest paid) mechanic in the shop. This person is typically young and inexperienced. He just might decide your rear diff. fluid really does not need to be changed and knows that the customer will never know the difference.

On more than one occasion I've had something as simple as an oil change screwed up by the dealer. Either my oil fill cap was not screwed back on or they overfilled my motor. Again, the dealer is not going to give their top mechanic oil change and routine maintenance job assignments so you will always get the lowest skilled mechanic. That person is typically a kid who could give a rats axx about your car.

Quick Reply: My 30k service