G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How Practical is the Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a freakin coupe, fitting 3 or more people into your car should be the least of your concerns.

The friends who've been in my car aren't very big, so I haven't had a problem fitting 4. But if you're taller than 5'10" and sitting in the back, you might be a bit uncomfortable, especially for longer excursions.

As for golf bags, you will only fit 2 standing golf bags into the back. I've never tried putting a cart bag into the trunk, but I'd imagine you'd only be able to fit that one. Might have a bit more space to work with if you fold down the rear seats, but don't expect to be taking 2 more of your buddies golfing in your car unless you're hauling a trailer.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh and start playing a real sport and you wont have golf bag fitment issues.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ yea like bowling! hahahaha!

i <3 my G37 Coupe... LOOKS 1000% times better than the sedan... i almost got the sedan... but i knew i would regret it every single day i walked by it and got behind the wheel.... i was right... still brings smiles to my face!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 AM
herbiehancock00

Originally Posted by Josh
^^^ yea like bowling! hahahaha!

i <3 my G37 Coupe... LOOKS 1000% times better than the sedan... i almost got the sedan... but i knew i would regret it every single day i walked by it and got behind the wheel.... i was right... still brings smiles to my face!
I got the sedan and I do regret a bit.

Ok I lied. I regret it alot, but then I went to dealership to look at the coupe, sat in the back and is now regretting a little less. The regret will probably build up again the more I see coupes on the street.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM
w0ady

i bought my car to drive myself, not other people. i still want an suv for going out with the guys since i do most of the driving but my coupe is mine so daddy 4-doors for a while.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by g37sam
+1 to getting the car for yourself, you can go golfing with your buddies in their cars

I actually find it a nice excuse sometimes, "sorry you guys won't fit in the back". I like to keep my car clean and people getting in the back usually push/pull/hit against the driver seat (which makes me want to kill them sometimes lol) and mess up the place in the back which is why i try to avoid it as much as i can
+10000000000

Get your car for yourself and significant other (if applicable) not for your buddies cause the coupe is sexier and more fun to drive - it's a looker.
Carpool with your buddies in their car for the golf/hockey or use a beater or old sedan for those kind of tasks.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
-A past ride got four miles to the gallon, an early GF had bra strap issues, and I had one killer tax bill one year... All were trade-offs worth it to me.

Of course, choices will usually have trade-offs. Choices often have advantages too, no? Think of all the poor women folk that got augmentations that they think are just too big. And now, they are upset over the extra 20 pounds and that they can't wear clothes off the er ah rack. Well, maybe I'm thinking about that too much now...

IMHO, Point is, one just needs to focus on the advantages of one choice over the other, not the trade-offs. ;-) The sedan has more room than the coupe and looks better than most cars on the road, but, IMHO doesn't look as good as the G37 coupe. :-)

The first five new cars I owned in my life were Z's.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jhoffman
Thanks for all the replies, they are much appreciated. The car would definitely be for me. As for the hot chick - lets just say I spend some time with one but I'm fully open to meeting others. I'm pretty sure the coupe would work for me.

As for the person who suggested the CTS, I actually looked at that as well. I think if for some reason I decide to go sedan I will go CTS, but as of now it looks like I'm going G37 Coupe.

I think that the G Sedan's Rear seat does not fold down...Where the coupe's lays down flat.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
bunluvsvw

Dont do it, you will regret, the G coupe is one of the most impractical cars that I had. When I bought my G, I knew the trunk was small, but I didnt know it was that small. I couldnt fit my baby stroller in the trunk. I ended up selling my G coupe and picked up an IsF. I thought exactly like you when I picked the coupe up, Im buying this for myself, and ended up regretting getting the coupe over the sedan. but whatever rocks your boat man...
Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I wonder if the folks on the 370Z forum are suggesting G37 coupes for those that think the 370Z is impractical? %-)
Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
cesG37

On the trunk lid there is a small picture that shows that it is possible to fit 2 golf bags into the car.

I just drove from los angeles, 7 hours to arizona in the g37s coupe with 4 people in the car. Everyone was so comfortable.

Verdict: Get it.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 AM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
I wonder if the folks on the 370Z forum are suggesting G37 coupes for those that think the 370Z is impractical? %-)
I actually remember reading a thread at my350z and everyone suggested getting a g35 so I'm guessing you are correct
Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM
jdm_inspire

They must have been females in the back or people shorter than 5'6". Anyone > 5'9" will not fit comfortably in the back seat for extended periods of time. I sat in the back of my car once (I'm 5'9") and I had to lean forwards or sit low rider so that my head would not touch the rear glass / headliner -- no way I would sit like that for more than 1/2 hr.

Going back to the original poster ... get the car that suits your needs most. Now, if you're really young, then I would suggest the G coupe since you will probably regret not having the 'sports car' in your life unless you're willing to wait until your mid-life crisis (if you have money bags, then this would be a moot point ... having more than 1 car in the garage is within your means).

I got a sedan as my first car after grad and I kinda regretted it a little down the road. I waited 7 years before getting the G coupe so I didn't have to wait until the mid-life crisis (ie before children ... LOL)
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
For a coupe, the G37 sure is practical! But if you're going to compare it to a minivan...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

G Coupe not a family car disguised as a coupe. It's a performance car diguised as a luxury coupe....If that's what you want you will NOT regret it.

imo G37 is more practical than the 370Z with a little sacrifice to performance which is expected.

Quick Reply: How Practical is the Coupe?