G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just got a Vibrant Red G37S...Now, What Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Mixman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a Vibrant Red G37S...Now, What Mods?

Yes, I just a 2009 VR G37 with the Sport Package. What can I mod that could further improve handling and maybe some minor visual mods. Now, before you guys get too crazy this is a lease, so it has to be something I can remove at lease end.

I know a lot of you just love the Washi Aluminum, but I hate it. It's looks like a cheesy metal look to me. I would like to change it out with real wood, or even Carbon Fiber, but the CF kits that actually swap the oem parts out are too expensive for a leased car. If there were some $500 dash kits (not overlays) of either wood or CF that I could swap out I would do it in a heartbeat.

Overall, I do like the car a lot so far. It is a lot sportier than my Lexus GS300, which lease is now up.

I was thinking of starting with some Michelin AS all seasons and maybe some Eibachs for a drop. How does that sound?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 AM
WhiteGhost

Take it to a shop and paint it IP. Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Hmmmm, I would stick with the tires it came with. A drop would definitely improve looks, personally like S-Techs. Would also swap out the OEM headlight bulbs to 6K or something with a light hint of blue; get daylight bulbs to match as well. Replace interior, trunk, and rear license plate bulbs too.

Last edited by WhiteGhost; 07-19-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:54 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Eibach ProKit springs is the most popular choice here. It gets rid of the ugly fender gaps and maintains the ride stiffness. You can get the GT-Spec strut bar to get rid of some flex. They also have the braces to further stiffen the chassis. These are easy installs and you can sell them when your lease ends.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:02 AM
CHEFONE

Hmmmmm Eibachs are ok but I would prefer S-Techs for that major drop! Then maybe you should pick up a cold air intake (Stillen Gen3), exhaust, HFC's, and stick with the sport wheels, their sick looking! Ohh yah congrats and welcome to the G family!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:05 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Mixman
Yes, I just a 2009 VR G37 with the Sport Package. What can I mod that could further improve handling and maybe some minor visual mods.
I was thinking of starting with some Michelin AS all seasons and maybe some Eibachs for a drop. How does that sound?
Handling:
If you're looking to improve handling, you can start with sway bars and a strut bar.. feel like you need more you can get a whole load of underbrace brackets (Check GTSpec) to improve chasis rigidity even more. Still greedy? Aftermarket coilovers.. Brings your body roll close to zero. Even more? Go back to the dealer and get your money back lol But yeah I think that should do, depends on how extreme you're willing to go.

Visuals:
That's very subjective. Majority (including myself) would tell you wheels & drop. But there's no limit to what you can do when it comes visual mods, you're better off checking out the exterior and interior subforum and members galleries.

All those could be removed and sold btw when the lease is over so you shouldn't worry.

Enjoy the mod bug and welcome on board
Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Mixman

Thanks guys. Not looking for extreme handling or anything close as the G37 already handles better than my GS300 did. Not looking for an extreme drop either, just looking for any small improvement and that may be the Eibachs with maybe some sway bays. Oh, let's not forget some tints too.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...ogression.html
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can buy my exhaust: https://www.myg37.com/forums/exhaust...ml#post2673915

edit: my bad, you're in NY!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:50 PM
steop

well if i was u first, id smoke my taillightsss, powder coat ur stock rimz black and paint ur calipers red and of course tints 15% all around and if u want to go all out tint ur front windshield 50% so nobody can c u wut so ever=D then i would drop it wit eibach pro kit and at last injen CAI! =D...trust me on this ur car will loook too ****ing sickkkkkkk. DO IT! =]
Old 07-19-2009, 05:28 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by myk1013
Eibach ProKit springs is the most popular choice here. It gets rid of the ugly fender gaps and maintains the ride stiffness. You can get the GT-Spec strut bar to get rid of some flex. They also have the braces to further stiffen the chassis. These are easy installs and you can sell them when your lease ends.
I concur
Old 07-19-2009, 07:00 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

I just got my Eibachs on and did an alignment, back in spec.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Mixman

Yeah Eibachs are one the of the cheapest of mods you can do. I am a little worried about scraping the bottom. Is that a problem?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

I have not scraped yet
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wheels and drop (Springs) are your best bet... They can be easily removed when it is time to turn it back in.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by steop
well if i was u first, id smoke my taillightsss, powder coat ur stock rimz black and paint ur calipers red and of course tints 15% all around and if u want to go all out tint ur front windshield 50% so nobody can c u wut so ever=D then i would drop it wit eibach pro kit and at last injen CAI! =D...trust me on this ur car will loook too ****ing sickkkkkkk. DO IT! =]
50% windshield is for pansies. Gotta go at least 35% if not darker

Quick Reply: Just got a Vibrant Red G37S...Now, What Mods?