Sponsored By:

My Accident Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Accident Update

So as many of you have seen I got in a accident a month and a few weeks back (not my fault) and I still haven't got my car back yet.

Thread here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...ed-or-not.html

Her insurance is paying for everything so far... well over 10k in damages. The Infiniti Body Shop and her insurance company is responsible for getting the car fixed and getting it back to me exactly how the car was previous to the accident. As of right now I've been following up on my car for the last few weeks and also went down to look at it, the car looks like its in perfect condition like how it was previous to the accident besides the front right wheel which was a iforged custom wheel. So I talk to them and figure out whats going on and why the car is just sitting there and they tell me they are just waiting on iForged to get that wheel to them before they can release it to me. So for the last month and a few weeks or so I've been out of a car seeing as I'm 20 and can't drive the rental if I did get one I haven't been able to get around including school and work. As I think Infiniti could be at fault for ordering my wheel a little late.. (because I think they didn't know how long the wheel took to get built) Therefore the car has been sitting there for the last few weeks because its done with all repairs as I understood and they are just waiting on that last wheel.. In my opinion 1 wheel shouldn't take 3-4 weeks to get built.. for gosh sakes its only 1 wheel! when I ordered the wheels I was told 4-6 weeks and it ended up taking 8 weeks (bad news and let it go). I ordered the wheels from Andy @ HPauto. Hes a great guy.. ordered much other stuff from him and everything seemed to get here fairly quickly. SO I'm thinking IForged might be responsible for the waiting time on this wheel.. its only 1 wheel.. 3-4 weeks sounds a little outrageous if you ask me. So from now on I'm going to be ordering shoes for my ride from a different wheel company. I just wanted to let everyone know my situation and that if you have iforged wheels and they get injured somehow where it can't be fixed and need a new wheel.. just letting you know.. be prepared to be waiting a month or so. That drives me crazy that my car has been done for a few weeks now and they have only been waiting on that wheel. Good job infiniti for getting my car done within a few weeks and bad job for the wheel company taking longer to get the wheel to them then how long it took to fix the whole car all together. I'm pretty disappointed.

Don't get me wrong.. iForged is a very good quality wheel and I've been happy with the wheel and how they look since I got them. But what if someone curbed their wheel pretty bad where they had to order a new one.. or anything happens where someone has to order a new wheel? No problem ordering a new one.. but waiting a few weeks to a month to get it to my door is kind of out of my waiting time.

Let me know about any similar experiences people have had with accidents and iforged wheels build/fixed time. Because I'm not sure if its me or thats just how long 1 wheel takes to get built.. Thanks.

Last edited by Meltdownblitz; 07-16-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear... Unfortunately that's kinda how it is with custom wheels since, I believe, iForged is made to order. While 8 weeks is a bit more than expected, I'm sure there is a reason... more orders in front of you, materials, etc. No clue.

iForged is a great wheel and of course Andy@HPA is as well. Can't imagine it would be Andy's fault in any sense.

While I can see your frustration... if you're gonna mod cars, you gotta have thick skin. Nothing seems to go right. Lol.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

I agree. Andy is an awesome guy and Iforged are good wheels.. but sorry to hear.. the waiting time is what is going to make me seek a different wheel company on my next ride.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I don't think it's so unusual. They had people waiting for wheels before your order came in, they can't just jump your order to the front of the line. It does suck that you can't get a rental though.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:56 PM
DashKid
Banned

Glad that everything is working out for you perfect =).
Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM
TJHG37S

OP, did you even call iForged to get their side? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to blame them

I just bent my iForged and talked to them today, they quoted me 1-2 week turn-around on new barrel, perfectly reasonable for a multi-piece wheel

Maybe they are at fault and are being slow, but it seems like you're just taking the body shop's story as the truth without digging a bit..
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
OP, did you even call iForged to get their side? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to blame them

I just bent my iForged and talked to them today, they quoted me 1-2 week turn-around on new barrel, perfectly reasonable for a multi-piece wheel

Maybe they are at fault and are being slow, but it seems like you're just taking the body shop's story as the truth without digging a bit..
I'm actuallly getting my story from Andy @ HPAuto. The body shop went through him and I get the status on my wheels from him.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:26 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to hear you're back in action, or at least going to be.

But about your concern: welcome to the world of custom wheels Don't forget, iForged is pushing out a lot of orders world wide, not just your repair. Weeks of down time is normal. It's not Infiniti's fault either because I wouldn't expect them to know the down time associated with custom wheels. Now that you know, in the future, I'd call to plan ahead.

Post some pics of the car once it's all done.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
custom wheels go by production line, they wont start a production just because u need one wheel now. like other said, there are tons of other customer that had already ordered.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:47 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had to wait about 2 months for my Asantis to be built.

I still do not get why you didnt get a rental. Many companies still rent to a 20 year old. I know Enterprise does for a fact. Most just add a charge for being young. But her insurance would cover it anyways.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:49 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also make sure you go after her for Diminished Value on your car. Now that you have been in an accident, even though it is fixed, your car is not worth as much money as a car that wasn't in an accident. You can get a percentage of the value of your car in a check because of it. I did it with my G35 when someone hit me and got a 2800 check for Diminished Value.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that all sucks bro, im glad you are ok, glad your G is fixed perfectly, but 6 weeks for a full wheel is regular time...custom wheels tehy usually say take up to 10 weeks at the most...jsut hang on a lil longer and you will have ur sweet ride back!! GOOD LUCK
Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
g-UN1T37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a Heads up DPE wheels also took a long time to get me my wheels. i think you will have problems on wait time with any custom wheel maker.