Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
psycobusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?

hey guys, i'm new to the forum as you can see, although i do have an 06 g35 coupe and am a member of a few g35 forums. anyway, im thinking about purchasing a salvage flood 09 g37 coupe with 93 miles on it and need help figuring out what would be a fair price to pay. i have only seen pics of the car so far and it looks to be plain jane and it does run and drive. ill try and post a few of em. in figuring the price, let's just say the car is in excellent condition (no electrical or engine damage) and when i look at the car in person and get the details, ill know where to go from there. thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-09g37_1.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-09g37_2.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-09g37_3.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-09g37_4.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-09g37_5.jpg  

Old 07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is the price on it?

Just so you know, you cannot get a car loan for a salvage title.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
psycobusa

there is no price on it as it is at a car auction and will be auctioned off to the highest bidder
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So in effect there's nothing wrong with the car? So then why does it carry a salvage title? I fail to see why the insurance company would write off a car that only required cleaning. As newer cars are primarily electrical in nature I would expect that a flooded car would require loads of replacement parts and such.
Its posible that the car has an ordor that cannot be removed which is why its being sold, so you may want to be aware of that as well.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't pay any more than $15K for that car. Who knows what electrical gremlins are going to pop up with a flood damaged car, especially one with so many electrical/electronic systems like the G.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 PM
psycobusa

i don't know what the requirements are from an insurance company for a car to be deemed totalled but i have bought salvage flood vehicles before where water never even entered the cabin or was cleaned up very well. ive bought mustang saleen with no apparent damage and a jeff gordon edition monte carlo the same way. both ran just like new and everything worked, no smells or anything.

its obvious little to no water got inside the car as there would be noticable silt deposits and water lines along the interior. ive seen enough of these cars to know. maybe the driver was driving thru standing water low enough not to seep thru the doors but a little to fast and the water pushed up over the grill and stalled the engine. who knows right?

i know for certain being that the car is run and drive it will definitely go over 15k. i personally watched an 08 G37S journey coupe w/ 15k miles go for $24K at the auction a few weeks ago, although i doubt the buyer will be able to make any money off it because i figured at that time the most a consumer would buy the car for is 24k and the car needed repainting of the front bumper and had a dent in the rear quarter. the buyer could be shipping it over seas to make money, who knows.

anyway, this is an 09 and although its not a sport or better, it only has 93 miles on it. im figuring its a 35k car new so if i could get it in the low low 20's i could sell it and make a little profit right?

tell me this... if you were buying this car for yourself and after testing driving it an all and seeing there are no problems with it and everything works, what's the most you would pay?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 PM
DashKid
Banned

well i think you should go for a good deal. Nothing above 20k.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Motor25

I personally would never buy a salvage car

They're salvage for a reason, just not worth the potential headache IMHO

myke
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Chapinb

if it sucked up water into the intake, there could be some major warping, ect to the rods/pistons. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a slight knock in it right now that would only get worse. Then again maybe it only stalled it and its still worth 35k =)
I agree with the others, 15k
You either get yourself a new car or can part it out if need be. Going to be a gamble either way.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Curious where the car was located when "flooded". Near the ocean so it was "salt water" or "fresh water". Also it would be best to inspect the car (look under the seats and under the carpet (for rust/deposits). They have moisture sensors out there you can buy. These can detect moisture in walls (for flooded houses) and you could probably use them on the car. My motto: look before you leap! In the end I agree with Myke. I would never purchase a salvaged car.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

There is no resale on a salvage vehicle so as long as you know this you are good. $12-15K. When it siezes start to part it out. Good luck
Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
psycobusa

Originally Posted by DrJones
Curious where the car was located when "flooded". Near the ocean so it was "salt water" or "fresh water". Also it would be best to inspect the car (look under the seats and under the carpet (for rust/deposits). They have moisture sensors out there you can buy. These can detect moisture in walls (for flooded houses) and you could probably use them on the car. My motto: look before you leap! In the end I agree with Myke. I would never purchase a salvaged car.

you remember that last big rain we had in houston around april-may right? that's when it got flooded and it was fresh water.

i know a lot of people are scared of salvaged vehicles but after being in the business, a salvaged vehicle is all i will buy from now on as long as i know who fixed it. why pay dealer prices when you can get the same car very little used and repaired just like new for thousands less sometimes more than 10k less. most people fix the salvaged cars right but there are people to be aware of. no offense to any one here but i would never buy a salvaged car from an arab or such person. i have 2 first hand experiences from them. they jerry rig what they can then lie about the true damages to the car. ill show you a few before/after of my work.
Attached Thumbnails Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-sti4.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-sti10.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-evoviii-6-.jpg   Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?-evoviii-19-.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was up to me, i wouldnt take the chance because I want to drive my car instead of always fixing problems its going to have.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so are you buying this vehicle to resell or for your personal use? you would be doing all the repairs? if you are in the business of repairing these types of vehicles, then it makes more sense for you then for the rest of us that would depend on someone else to do the repairs properly. also, if you are in the business, wouldn't you know more about the salvage value of a car when you factor in repair costs? no offense, but i'm not sure what you looking for in your original post.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^ righto Callaway; I'm getting that clamy feeling and don't understand why the OP would need anyone's asistance with whether to purchase this waterlogged car or not. Experts rarely reach out to amateurs

Quick Reply: Price on '09 G37 Coupe Salvage Flood?